Sign in to follow this  
JWMuller

XPUIPC Installation in X-Plane

Hello AVSIMmers,

I need a bit of guidance to install XPUIPC. I dont understand how to install it, it says something about putting IP address in and stuff like that.

I can't do advanced installations like that so I need help on installing it.

Thanks

I don't mess with the IP stuff. XPUIPC is just a way for X-Plane to communicate with addons that require it. Just like FSUIPC for FSX\P3D. Place your XPUIPC folder into the Resources\Plugin folder in your X-Plane directory.

NAX669.png

If you need the IP address of your computer, just type "how to find IP of my computer" into Google and it will show it.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

If you need the IP address of your computer, just type "how to find IP of my computer" into Google and it will show it.

I dont need this for XP right ? 

Rich Sennett

Rich,

I get a window that says something about wrong IP address when I open XP. I just close the window and go on my merry way.

NAX669.png

Rich,

I get a window that says something about wrong IP address when I open XP. I just close the window and go on my merry way.

My question was related to not even sure why I needed fsuipc never used any of it but everyone had it so I bought it so if there is a payware aircraft that needs this if not I'm all set - less is more 

Rich Sennett

My question was related to not even sure why I needed fsuipc never used any of it but everyone had it so I bought it so if there is a payware aircraft that needs this if not I'm all set - less is more 

Here's an answer my friend.

http://www.tosi-online.de/XPUIPC/What_is_it.html

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

You only need it if you're using a utility that requires it.

I have XPUIPC installed for the moving map function in the Plan-G flight planner, otherwise I wouldn't need it. It's usually for add-on utilities like that, and special controller interfaces.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Here's an answer my friend.

http://www.tosi-online.de/XPUIPC/What_is_it.html

Thanks Jim  :wink:

You only need it if you're using a utility that requires it.

I have XPUIPC installed for the moving map function in the Plan-G flight planner, otherwise I wouldn't need it. It's usually for add-on utilities like that, and special controller interfaces.

Thanks I was thinking I dont need it other than Pilot2atc might need it have to look into that - thank you all

Rich Sennett

Hello AVSIMmers,

I need a bit of guidance to install XPUIPC. I dont understand how to install it, it says something about putting IP address in and stuff like that.

I can't do advanced installations like that so I need help on installing it.

Thanks

No need to insert IP, even if you see annoying message just close it. Xpuipc is needed mostly for connecting some fsx add ons to xp platform example FSFO (first officer) freeware for fsx. You can test it in xp http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=189946

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

go to start menu, click on run in windows 7, search in windows 10, type "cmd"  without quotes, a command window will come up, type ipconfig press enter and it will show your ip address.

Thanks I was thinking I dont need it other than Pilot2atc might need it have to look into that - thank you all

Rich, it is required for P2A.

NAX669.png

Rich, it is required for P2A.

Thank you much - Happy Holidays 

Rich Sennett

1. Open command prompt on your PC
  2. type -> ipconfig 
  3. Look for ->  IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.xxx.xxx

1. Navigate to C:\X-Plane Install Folder\Resources\plugins\XPUIPC\XPUIPC.ini
  2. Open file with notepad
  3. Change 'Server Address' to whatever you got as return from your ipconfig command.
  4. Server Address = 192.168.xxx.xxx 
  5. Save file

Now you will not get that popup each time

• Upvote 2