Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

VFR in 7.2 BETA - help?

Folks,

Anyone have any issues with VFR flights when trying to contact Utopia radio I get no response back.  Everything seems ok up to that point.  I get clearance,  ground and then asked to contact 122.2 - but then nothing.  My callsign is setup for GA and everything appears in order with the flight plan itself.   

Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this issue or lead me to what I may be doing wrong.

Thanks

Tony

WIth 7.2 I never be so far for  having to close my fly plan with utopia radio...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

52 Views of this thread and nobody fly's VFR with VOX 7.2 ?

Tony I fly almost exclusively VFR, but I'm not clearly understanding from your posts what exactly youre doing, where youre flying, how youve set your flight up, what addons youre using and what exactly the behaviour of vox is that is wrong for you. Without that info I' just be shooting in the dark and I'm afraid I dont have time for that. PM me a flightplan, an error log, and some good descriptive details and I'll try to replicate your issues... K

Edit: what do you mean by Utopia radio, thats not something ive ever come across?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Utopia radio is a generic FSS.  If Vox thinks there is no FSS in your area it has you open and close your flight plan with Utopia radio at 122.2

I only know this because I was confused by it when I first started using Vox ATC.

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

Utopia radio is a generic FSS.  If Vox thinks there is no FSS in your area it has you open and close your flight plan with Utopia radio at 122.2

I only know this because I was confused by it when I first started using Vox ATC.

I fly only in the UK, and I have scenery for every large and GA airfield across the country, together with airspace definitions that are current to real world specs - so every destination I might go has at least a soecified ground to air radio freq, hence I've never come across it! Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I fly only in the UK, and I have scenery for every large and GA airfield across the country, together with airspace definitions that are current to real world specs - so every destination I might go has at least a soecified ground to air radio freq, hence I've never come across it! Cheers K

Well, I think Vox has a bug in this regard as I always fly inside ORBX regions and my home airport KUAO in Aurora Oregon USA would use the MCMinville FSS IRL but Vox sends me to utopia instead. Vox knows about the McMinville FSS cause other airports in the general area cause Vox to have me contact McMinville FSS.

Oops, quoted twice:(

Kent

Kent,

Have you had any issues with 7.2 where they did not respond to your transmission?  Maybe I'm not phrasing the contact info correctly?  I'm just repeating what VOX is telling me to say on initial call and never get a response.

Thanks

Tony

sounds a daft question but have you trained your voice recognition effectively?

xaP1VAU.png

Tony, I have not had a chance to tryout 7.2. I've had that happen with 6.52; seems to be locked up Vox pop voice. I've never had it happen with "regular" voices so I stopped using the Vox voices.

Kent

Tony, I have not had a chance to tryout 7.2. I've had that happen with 6.52; seems to be locked up Vox pop voice. I've never had it happen with "regular" voices so I stopped using the Vox voices.

Great thanks - I use a mix of Ivona and Vox - I will remove VOX and see what happens.  

Kevin - Yes, I've trained recently and same result.

Tony

I also fly almost exclusively VFR. I have found FSS to be very spotty in terms of behaving differently at different airports. I have had an issue at towered airports where I get permission to taxi from ground, am prompted to contact FSS, and when I do so, Ground instructs me to contact the Tower, even though I have not left the ramp. After the instruction to contact the Tower the prompt still reads, Tune to 122.2 (or whatever the local FSS frequency is.) After I do that, I am usually not able to open my flight plan, due to no response from FSS (yes, I have trained my voice recognition, which works well with other programs, including 6.52)If I follow the prompts I remain in a never ending loop between ground, tower, and FSS. I can get out of the loop by ignoring the prompt, skipping FSS, contacting the Tower, requesting takeoff, and when far enough away from the airfield, reset VoxATC (not the perfect solution).

I also fly almost exclusively VFR. I have found FSS to be very spotty in terms of behaving differently at different airports. I have had an issue at towered airports where I get permission to taxi from ground, am prompted to contact FSS, and when I do so, Ground instructs me to contact the Tower, even though I have not left the ramp. After the instruction to contact the Tower the prompt still reads, Tune to 122.2 (or whatever the local FSS frequency is.) After I do that, I am usually not able to open my flight plan, due to no response from FSS (yes, I have trained my voice recognition, which works well with other programs, including 6.52)If I follow the prompts I remain in a never ending loop between ground, tower, and FSS. I can get out of the loop by ignoring the prompt, skipping FSS, contacting the Tower, requesting takeoff, and when far enough away from the airfield, reset VoxATC (not the perfect solution).

So my issue is happening elsewhere which makes me feel better and thanks Mad_Mac for the workaround.   Hope the developer is reading these posts and maybe it can be addressed.