Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

VFR in 7.2 BETA - help?

So my issue is happening elsewhere which makes me feel better and thanks Mad_Mac for the workaround.   Hope the developer is reading these posts and maybe it can be addressed.  

Has everyone reported their issue to Tegwyn? (You can't assume he will come here and read these posts I'm afraid - although I don't know whether he does or not)

When you report an issue, please make sure you include the simulator version in use; your flightplan; Addons in use; a description of the problem encountered (as detailed as possible( and a copy of the error log (accessed in Vox advanced settings)!

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Feast or famine with FSS response. I've often had no response from FSS. Today I called Utopia Radio 122.2. It was supposed to be Riverside Radio 122.1. I had no less than 3 FSS stations (Riverside, San Diego, and Hawthorne Radio all offer to Open my flight plan. (All are not terribly far from (but not close enough to) Big Bear City, my departure airport. 3 is better than none ;), and yes, I have reported this to Tegwyn.

Just to follow up with the on-going issues people are having:

I have the same problem of (non) contact with FSS when attempting to open a VFR flightplan.  I haven't found any way to get around this issue, it won't get past this step no matter what I've tried.

I have problems when approaching the destination field, I get no handoff to the CTAF or approach frequency at the appropriate time. I do continue getting traffic advisories, but no handoff, ever.

I continue to experience issues with vox not complying with add-on afcads. This is very strange behavior because it is hit or miss whether it will follow the updated afcad, specifically, taxi instructions, approaches, and even basic airport info. EG, I have updated KMTH, Florida Keys Marathon Airport. I have the airport name as simply 'Marathon" yet vox always refers to it as "Florida Keys Marathon", which is the default name. Of course, I run the indexer every time I change anything involving scenery or aircraft. This is just an example, it does this on other airports as well. There is definitely something wrong with the indexer and I have reported it to Tegwyn, along with these other issues.

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Jaybird,

As long as we keep reporting the issues to Tegwyn,  all we can hope is that he will address with the next beta.  Thanks for your feedback.

Crossing fingers.

:sorry:

I know this won't work at every airport, but I was departing Menomonie Municipal Score airport in Wisconsin. The prompt said to tune to Utopia Radio 122.2. I tried it and it didn't work (fairly common experience). I then tried tuning to the actual FSS for the airport, Green Bay Radio 122.65 and was able to open my flight plan that way. The prompt continued to read, "Tune to Utopia Radio 122.2," but I ignored it and pressed on in "Expert mode." I was able to contact Minneapolis Center on the correct frequency 125.3, ask for Traffic advisories, received handoffs along the way, including a handoff to Milwaukee approach as I neared my destination. I still had trouble getting handed off from Approach to West Bend Unicom (destination airport) I was able to request a frequency change to 122.8 (West Bend Unicom), get airport information, notify traffic of my intentions enter the pattern and land. I was also able to close my flight plan on Green Bay Radio 122.1 (The correct frequency for West Bend). Seems like more of a problem with the Prompt than VoxATC, which actually performed pretty well on this flight.

Has everyone reported their issue to Tegwyn? (You can't assume he will come here and read these posts I'm afraid - although I don't know whether he does or not)

When you report an issue, please make sure you include the simulator version in use; your flightplan; Addons in use; a description of the problem encountered (as detailed as possible( and a copy of the error log (accessed in Vox advanced settings)!

Cheers K

One thing to point out is that in the log is both the prompt and what was interpreted, so you can confirm that what you said is what VOXATC is processing.    (Yes I have submitted the log with the "VOXATC hangs after trying to hail Utiopia radio" issue.)     Just wish there was a way of enabling a "more detailed" logging level that would indicate why VOXATC hangs just after calling Utopia radio [aka generic FSS] at 122.2.  The extra "locating FSS", "setting up FSS," etc. log entries would help in debugging by indicating the various processing states.   Drawbacks is the extra code needed to be added, as well as the exposure of some of the design of VOXATC, so maybe the compromise is to do just output a numeric code at each major step.   Hmmm... anyone have any ideas on how to get the log to help both Tegwyn as well as us?