Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Official PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Livery List

So I am asking if PMDG has planned to release this livery and if it's not the case if think someone will do it, otherwise I could be flying on KLM !

I'm sure PMDG will include AF...and I know this one will be done by one of the many freelance painters (probably a few of them).

I also have it on good authority that AF Cargo will be done, and as far as KLM, you should browse the screenshot forum and find a post I made about KLM...i'm sure those textures will make it on the PMDG Queen (I know the painter and he's indicated that to me).  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Here's what's currently done as

Kyle,

Will some of the repaints made for the PMDG "classic" B744 be usable on the "new" B744?

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Will some of the repaints made for the PMDG "classic" B744 be usable on the "new" B744?

I don't think so. Completely different model, so it has different mapping, not to mention higher resolution (I think). Completely different product, despite it being the same plane.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle is correct, this is a completely NEW model, textures and everything. None of the repaints from the original 747 will not be compatible with V3.

Regards,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Kyle is correct, this is a completely NEW model, textures and everything. None of the repaints from the original 747 will not be compatible with V3.

Regards,

Hey Jason,

Curiosity from a painter who's going to be spending a lot of time on the texture maps....how many maps were you able to fit the fuse on to?  Will the -8 need an additional map due to her size?  Both her and the 777 are long birds and I was wondering if you scaled the model to fit on 3 maps like the 777?

Also, I'm hoping there is a area mapped for the nose logo on the freighters...we all know how hard it is to paint accurately on the extreme edges of the rounded fuse.  :wink:

The nose logo on CargoLux you see in the link below is terribly stretched and it'll never look right with where its placed without a separate plate on the texture map (I know I'm telling you something you're already aware of, hehe)

http://www.avsim.com/topic/500599-ladies-in-waiting/?p=3536941

Thanks and can't wait to pull her into my paint hangar!

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm sure your beta tester Mike Rey and I will be overjoyed to see United's - 400 delivery scheme.  This was refered to as the "RAINBOW" paint scheme. It had the red and blue "tulip" on it's white tail and the fuselage was all white with longitudinal orange, red, and blue strips.

I may be a bit prejudice but I think it was one of the most beautiful paint jobs ever applied to a -400.

If I have to wait much longer my nanny may have to change me!

Frederick Coleman

I sincerely hope they include Virgin Atlantic, early and current.

Happy new year.

Hello folks, I am very exited about the release of this beautiful aircraft and as a good french I would see if there is any Air France livery ! Even if Air France removed their last 747-400 last January it looked so amazing on the last flight :

So I am asking if PMDG has planned to release this livery and if it's not the case if think someone will do it, otherwise I could be flying on KLM !

Best Regards

Amazing footage!

• Upvote 1

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Updated.

Added Cathay Pacific - VR-HOR - Delivery.

The good old livery? One of my favourites!

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png