Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Official PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Livery List

Hey Kyle,

Do you know what version of the paint this one is? The Goose or red ?  I may paint the other...I know we have many Canadian simmers here.  :wink:   I'm planning Air Canada as well...both the last livery the 744 wore as well as the classic (I've always like the classic ACA)

Airplane is depicted circa 1990, so the red < livery.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Ryan!

If I see interest in the Goose I'll consider her.(I really like the other livery)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest BeaverDriver

Steve, very definitely an interest in the Goose on my part.  I've done it on the 737's so if you don't get to it, then I will have a go at it on the 747 once the paint kit is released.

Glenn Davy

Steve, very definitely an interest in the Goose on my part.  I've done it on the 737's so if you don't get to it, then I will have a go at it on the 747 once the paint kit is released.

Glenn Davy

Hey Glenn, we'll see what the paint hangar looks like when she's released.  I have several freighters queued in line already, so if you're so inclined I'd defer the Goose paint  to you.  :wink:

Thanks for painting Virgin

Hey Alex,

I have a feeling there will be several of those fine British Ladies gracing the skies once we've had a chance to release a few paints.

While I'd paint a Lady other than Barbarella, as weird luck would have it, I will be painting that exact airframe in another carrier's livery when she was leased out for a bit.  :smile:  (I'll let you guys Google it...planespotters.net is an excellent site for that kind of research).

If you're hoping for a particular Lady and a specific Virgin livery from us freeware painters now is the time to put it out there.  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm sure someone will pick this up, but I just want to point out a typo, It's Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens, not Suid-Afrikaanese Lugdiens. And thank you for including that one in the list.

I'm sure someone will pick this up, but I just want to point out a typo, It's Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens, not Suid-Afrikaanese Lugdiens. And thank you for including that one in the list.

Ja nee.  

Guest BeaverDriver

BeaverDriver, on 18 Jan 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

Steve, very definitely an interest in the Goose on my part. I've done it on the 737's so if you don't get to it, then I will have a go at it on the 747 once the paint kit is released.

Glenn Davy

Hey Glenn, we'll see what the paint hangar looks like when she's released. I have several freighters queued in line already, so if you're so inclined I'd defer the Goose paint to you. :wink:

Sound good by me Steve. I'm not sure when the release of the paint kit typically comes when a new airplane is released, but I should be able to get on that fairly quickly once it's out. What I might do is prep the 737's for release in that livery as well. I've never uploaded my work so if you have a link that might assist me in the procedure, that would get me started. If all goes well, then I can get the 747 done and up fairly quickly I would think (the PMDG paint kits are typically among the best there are, so it makes a tough job much easier - thanks PMDG!).

Thanks for this Steve.

Glenn

PS - many thanks for looking after the freighters Steve. I generally fly only the freighter machines so I really appreciate your efforts. I hope to do one of the Goose paints on the 400F as well, as Canadian did have a few dedicated cargo machines if I recall.

I've never uploaded my work so if you have a link that might assist me in the procedure, that would get me started.

Hey Glenn,

I've always uploaded here to Avsim, here is a link to the FAQ they've posted on the procedure:

http://library.avsim.net/help.html

One of the best tips I can give you is to include good quality photos of your upload so potential downloaders can preview what they're about to download and install.  The screens have to be under 200k, so use good jpeg compression if they are large.  Just click the link on my sig below so see examples of my uploads for guidance if needed. :wink:  

many thanks for looking after the freighters Steve. I generally fly only the freighter machines so I really appreciate your efforts.

My pleasure Glenn...flying freight is just fun, and so interesting when it takes you to places you'd never catch a pax airliner at.  I took some of my 777F paints into some scary places.  :shok:   Hoping to do the same with the Queen.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

now is the time to put it out there

Steve

Could you do this one, please?

cSHqFp.jpg

Steve

Could you do this one, please?

cSHqFp.jpg

Hey Michael,

If we could only get Ed Cox into P3d and painting this plane up, I'm sure he'd transfer his excellent textures he did of Southern Air long ago in FS9.

We'll see what PMDG releases with, like I mentioned earlier, they have been actively updating the list so frequently that I think they may get ALL the 747's painted soon, LOL. :smile: 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I am missing the 747-400ER and 747-400ERF in the list (was looking for a KLM ERF paint).
Are they not included in the base package?

Thanks

Henk de Vries

I am missing the 747-400ER and 747-400ERF in the list (was looking for a KLM ERF paint).

Are they not included in the base package?

Thanks

+1