I didn't even think I'd mess with X-Plane 11 so early, but after testing a few weeks and seeing many simmers already switched with great results, well, I couldn't resist. Here's the thing. I decided to remove all algorithms dealing with private art controls (atmospheric scattering, fog, autogen, lights ect.) at least for X-Plane 11's Beta run, so everyone gets their hands on the improvements Laminar will or will not include in future betas instantly (there have been discussions in the forum about "messing" with what is essentially a preview version of the next X-Plane, and I agree that at least for published tweaks, they should be "clean"). It's already looking pretty good I'd say (SSAO is a killer feature in 11), and the preliminary features of Ventura Sky are working fine. Plus I was able to finally have the sky colors adjust dynamically during visibility changes.

Anyhow, did I mention it's already up for grabs on venturasky.com? Happy Holidays!

• Upvote 3

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Thank you very much for your great efforts.  I have downloaded, and your efforts makes XP10 look great!

Happy Holidays!

Thank You ! This makes Skymax feel a lot more realistic ! I tried Xenviro yesterday and I am not impressed, still testing.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Beta 2 is live.

- Set your own desired visibility limit below 10.000ft.

- Watch the sky colors and lightning adjust dynamically to low visibilities (anything below 18nm).

- Extends visibility more progressively above 10.000ft.

- Minimizes fade-in of Autogen, enabling larger autogen draw radius (zero perf. cost).

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Beta 2 is live.

- Set your own desired visibility limit below 10.000ft.

- Watch the sky colors and lightning adjust dynamically to low visibilities (anything below 18nm).

- Extends visibility more progressively above 10.000ft.

- Minimizes fade-in of Autogen, enabling larger autogen draw radius (zero perf. cost).

Can you post some pics with smp v4 in XP 11 b3? TKS

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.