Can anyone recommend a 4K TV that is below £600 and 42"-48" Cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Best representation of a pc monitor - and an amazing 4k picture - transforms your sim and you wont have to crank up the AA to get great looking visuals - its awesome - tried Samsung looked more like a tv visually then the pc monitor look couldnt get it to look right in sim - for a tv for home use I would look at Samsung not for pc gaming - you need to buy a 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FWIEO2E?tag=price144970f-20&ascsubtag=wtbs_585d527cebab3fdaca1b67ab

You need a high quality hdmi cable - this is the best for the price range - I have one works great - its a must to have a high quality cable if not you may not be seeing the full capability of the tv

https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Chocolate-Braided-1m-Cable/dp/B0034HPHUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482511237&sr=8-1&keywords=chocolate+hdmi

One more thing your video card is a bit lacking your mileage may very unless you have a newer card than shown in your pc specs

Rich Sennett

Best representation of a pc monitor - and an amazing 4k picture - transforms your sim and you wont have to crank up the AA to get great looking visuals - its awesome - tried Samsung looked more like a tv visually then the pc monitor look couldnt get it to look right in sim - for a tv for home use I would look at Samsung not for pc gaming - you need to buy a

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FWIEO2E?tag=price144970f-20&ascsubtag=wtbs_585d527cebab3fdaca1b67ab

You need a high quality hdmi cable - this is the best for the price range - I have one works great - its a must to have a high quality cable if not you may not be seeing the full capability of the tv

https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Chocolate-Braided-1m-Cable/dp/B0034HPHUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482511237&sr=8-1&keywords=chocolate+hdmi

One more thing your video card is a bit lacking your mileage may very unless you have a newer card than shown in your pc specs

Hi Rich, interesting, although I'm unsure whether that model is available in the UK. I have seen some similar spec machines from Sony. Sure, the 770 in my signature is soon to be replaced with a 1070. Is this Sony TV one you personally own?

Edit: actually, looks like it may be available in the U.K, but supply may be a problem.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi Rich, interesting, although I'm unsure whether that model is available in the UK. I have seen some similar spec machines from Sony. Sure, the 770 in my signature is soon to be replaced with a 1070. Is this Sony TV one you personally own?

Yes it is - newest Sony available currently - you should be fine with that new video card - see if you can find the model I stated - 43" for me anyway is a perfect size its pretty big any bigger and I would have to sit back further away which I prefer not to do

As it is I have to make my web browsing windows smaller and placed in middle of my screen - full screen way to big - good luck took back Samsung was way different looking than this Sony it is much closer to the pc monitors visually - could no get used to that Samsung visuals and was hard to get it to look right in P3D - so it got returned

All that said its still an awesome UHD 4k tv for that use also - go to youtube and search 4k test videos - you will be blown away

Rich Sennett

If you research it, an expensive HDMI cable is usually a huge waste of money. The majority of cables work just fine, as long as they are rated for the video you are trying to do.  Spending almost $90 on a cable is not worth it in my opinion, and most professionals as well.

Expensive HDMI Cables are not worth it

• Upvote 1

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

As Nick says above. HDMI is a purely digital interface and as such, you can think of it in terms of bits and bytes. Either the bits are 1 or they are 0. There is no in between. So either the HDMI cable works and display a correct image on the screen or it does not.

Stores and manufacturers offering high quality HDMI cables that cost a huge amount more that generic cables along side them on the shelf are simply conning people into believing that they will get a better image. Not true.

Unlike analogue cables of yesterday, where there was potentially some minor benefit to be derived from using higher quality (a-la-gold plated) connections, digital does not benefit from this.

So, by high quality in terms of HDMI cables, just look for well made brand name cables but don't fall for all the marketing tricks and fork out huge amounts in the hope or expectation that it will provide a better, crisper higher quality image - because it will not.

• Upvote 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

As Nick says above. HDMI is a purely digital interface and as such, you can think of it in terms of bits and bytes. Either the bits are 1 or they are 0. There is no in between. So either the HDMI cable works and display a correct image on the screen or it does not.

Stores and manufacturers offering high quality HDMI cables that cost a huge amount more that generic cables along side them on the shelf are simply conning people into believing that they will get a better image. Not true.

Unlike analogue cables of yesterday, where there was potentially some minor benefit to be derived from using higher quality (a-la-gold plated) connections, digital does not benefit from this.

So, by high quality in terms of HDMI cables, just look for well made brand name cables but don't fall for all the marketing tricks and fork out huge amounts in the hope or expectation that it will provide a better, crisper higher quality image - because it will not.

Absolutely. It's a hang over from the analogue HiFi market. But as you correctly say, using a digital signal, it no longer has any value. 

Howard