Sign in to follow this  
shadnixx

Where to start?

Hey guys...

I'd like to design some addons to put out there as freeware. The problem is, I searched the web (including forums such as fsdeveloper.com) but I couldn't find anything that would point me to where I should start.

My main focus is gauges and panels, not planes or scenery, since there are many of those out there. Can someone please help?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Probably the best place to start would be www.fsdeveloper.com, though there are other sites.  I'd first decide on what type of software you wish to develop, base your search on that, and form your search phrase based on the type of addon and a question someone developing software might have.  Example:   "FSX, Aircraft, flight dynamics".

Best wishes!

Oh, so I'd have to search? I thought there would be a site where I'd get the basic 1st steps. 

So now it's time to search :) thanks for the help.

This was excellent, so thanks a lot! . But I have no idea what to do with instructions relating to Microsoft ESP. I've searched online, and it looks like ESP doesn't exist anymore. So, if that's the case, would the esp.cfg file be fsx.cfg now?

The underlying structure is identical, so yes, you may have to adapt some terminology, but the SDK was

first produced for FSX, and subsequently adapted for ESP.

You may very well have the original FSX SDK on your computer if you are flying

FSX-MS.

The underlying structure is identical, so yes, you may have to adapt some terminology, but the SDK was

first produced for FSX, and subsequently adapted for ESP.

You may very well have the original FSX SDK on your computer if you are flying

FSX-MS.

Yeah, I have the original SDK I think. Thanks a lot for your help.