Sign in to follow this  
TheNerd

New To X-Plane. Which freeware sceneries work in XP11?

Hey there!

I just downloaded XP11... and this is my first time in X-Plane. Anyway, I just wanted to know which sceneries worked in XP11. I know MisterX is a prominent figure in the world of X-Plane, but most of his sceneries were made for XP10. If I install them, will there be any compatibility issues? And are there any good scenery packages you could recommend?

Thanks for any help!

Afaik most if not all sceneries work in XP11. For a nice list of great airports to get started with, check this link: http://www.avsim.com/topic/499079-new-to-xp-11-and-looking-for-beautiful-destinations/ (which obviously includes quite a few of MisterX's airports).

X-plane.org has a HUGE collection of airports (and you will also find most libraries they need over there) but also complete OSM based packages that replace all default buildings with more accurately placed buildings. Well, X-plane.org is a goldmine, really.

Quite a few people here also like the Mesh HD sceneries which are more or less replacements for the default scenery (more detailed). Read more about it here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/498742-differences-between-xp11-default-global-scenery-and-hd-mesh-scenery-v3/ I myself prefer default though.

MisterX work perfect in XP11 - read directions there are library packages that are not part of each airport - download from   x-plane.org   directions are on webpages for  his scenery 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Thank you so much guys! That guide is perfect.

Have fun get KBOS loaded first be prepared to be amazed 

Rich Sennett

I think most work. You'll occasionally run into an issue with floating buildings when they weren't designed with sloping runways in mind.

NAX669.png