Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Mods for the Learjet 35A

Okay, this was a bit of a quickie, but here's something to enhance the Learjet's usability.

Content (as of 24/12/2016):

1. Load/save functionality for all toggle-type switches and payload manager parameters

2. Key controls for some special functions

3. OPTIONAL: A very simple weather radar for those without a payware gauge

More information can be found in the readme. Note that I didn't have time for thorough testing, so there may be bugs or undesired behavior. The key/event-switch bindings are also most likely subject to further enhancement.

Download (will always link to the most recent revision):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMZFJoTWgyVUJpaTQ/view?usp=sharing

Other available mods:

- VC texture mod by Mihail Miklasevskij: http://flysimware.com/website/Repaints/FSW_Panel_Update.zip

- LUA scripts for the custom switches (download link?)

Feel free to share any other mods for this aircraft in this thread.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Annnnd here's a first new revision. Fixed a small bug in the loading script and linked the "AFCS Eng" button to the default autopilot master switch functionality.

Download link: See previous post.

Hi Bjoern,

You're always a big asset to anything you get involved with - thanks for sharing - happy holidays and I'll take a look when I have some time...

:wink:

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Well, after following this thread and the other L35 post for some time I decided to treat myself Xmas morning and of course got an extra special treat with 50% off.

Looked at a couple of videos and after 2 or 3 test flights plugged in a flight plan on the GNS ( not reinstalled the GTN after a reinstall of HF2) from KOAK-KCLM. Stepped up to altitude 16000' to get used to the autopilot. tried to use the gps/nav but had some issues so continued the flight with the HDG only.

Descended to 7000' at the TOU vor turned on a heading of 90 deg and slowed down, That's when I got into difficulty, to much to handle with all the alarms and alerts going off.

I think I let the approach speed get down to low along with a low fuel alert. I will have to look up the approach speeds and follow the check list a bit better.

Anyways thank to all who have contributed to this thread and have a good new year.

bob

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the fold... While I use the GTN exclusively - the two most common reasons why an aircraft won't fly the GPS track - this plane you need to fly an intercept course to the GPS track - then you'll see the NAV button indicator switch from "armed" to "captured"... The second is the VLOC/GPS button on the GPS itself - which selects the NAV source between the radios and GPS unit...

Please feel free to post more - we'll get it sorted out...

Regards,

Scott

Please feel free to post more - we'll get it sorted out...

That's for posting Scott, Been flying small GA's to long, Ha Ha, need to think outside the bubble.

I saved the flight so will pick it up later and take on board your suggestions.

many thanks.. bob

Hi Bob,

Sounds good - just to clarify - so - normally - before takeoff - my GPS track is programmed in the GPS and my VLOC/GPS switch is set to GPS... I set my initial cleared altitude in the altitude preselect window... I use RC4 for all IFR flights for improved ATC service... So after takeoff and cleanup I set the autopilot on and press the HDG hold - Altitude Select - and VS hold to on... Then when I want to intercept the GPS track - I press the NAV hold button which indicates ARMED... The HDG hold stays illuminated - and I use the HDG bug to steer and intercept course - somewhere around 30 degrees - to intercept the GPS track... When intercepted the autopilot automatically switches off the HDG hold - and the NAV hold switches to captured... Similiar to how it captures altitude...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Bob,

Sounds good - just to clarify - so - normally - before takeoff - my GPS track is programmed in the GPS and my VLOC/GPS switch is set to GPS... I set my initial cleared altitude in the altitude preselect window... I use RC4 for all IFR flights for improved ATC service... So after takeoff and cleanup I set the autopilot on and press the HDG hold - Altitude Select - and VS hold to on... Then when I want to intercept the GPS track - I press the NAV hold button which indicates ARMED... The HDG hold stays illuminated - and I use the HDG bug to steer and intercept course - somewhere around 30 degrees - to intercept the GPS track... When intercepted the autopilot automatically switches off the HDG hold - and the NAV hold switches to captured... Similiar to how it captures altitude...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott, followed your instructions to the letter, nailed the ils approach and landing, very satisfying. still in the early stages of getting to know the L35 but that's all part of the enjoyment.

As I said just done a new install of Prepar3D HF2 and like to do a few flights before putting the addons in but in this case I took the advantage of the offer from Flysimware.

thanks again

bob

• Upvote 1

As I said just done a new install of Prepar3D HF2 and like to do a few flights before putting the addons in but in this case I took the advantage of the offer from Flysimware.

I "updated" to P3d HF2. The Lear is as beautiful as ever. Just hit the update GTN 750 and the gauge will update automatically! It functions 100% with HF2.

Sad to say my REX Advantage WX weather gauge needs an update. REX are aware and are working on a hotfix which is due in a week or so.

Scotts 100% correct re the Navtrack intercept. Its the extra speed of the Lear that needs adjusting for when intercepting the magenta line! She's a real speed bird this one!

Happy Holidays!

David

Scotts 100% correct re the Navtrack intercept. Its the extra speed of the Lear that needs adjusting for when intercepting the magenta line! She's a real speed bird this one!

Yes found this out, managed another flight this morning from KOAK-KSEA, adjustment of the speed needs careful attention, nearly lost it on the final so a good job keeping one eye on the needle.

bob

Guys, can we discuss aircraft handling in another thread? I'd like to keep this one focused on modifications for the aircraft.

Guys, can we discuss aircraft handling in another thread? I'd like to keep this one focused on modifications for the aircraft.

Sure, my fault, in a rush to tell someone I had purchased the L35, I hadn't checked to see if I was in the right thread, should have started a new one, so if I have any more queries I will.

bob

Speaking of mods, do you guys feel the Yaw damper is very weak in some phases of flight? Namely departure and approach?