Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Mods for the Learjet 35A

New revision:

- The mach hold PID controller is slightly less sensitive now. This makes it slightly less accurate, but (hopefully) less prone to extreme outputs.

- Tried to improve the precision of the mach disk at high speeds and altitudes.

-  Added a quick reference card containing checklists and the most important performance and limitation tables. Comes in really handy!

- An experimental .air file with better (more realistic?) engine performance. Lots of guesstimations due to little available references, but the gauge indications will look more like the real thing during cruise flight. Fuel consumption is pretty much by the book now.

Download, as usual:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMZFJoTWgyVUJpaTQ/view?usp=sharing

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Very cool! Thanks for new revision.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Hi Bjoern,

Yes - thanks for all the hard work !!!

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi,

I have a question regarding these mods, the read me text says for version 2.7 or before, I have v2.8, so can some of these

mods still be used for v2.8????

Thanks,

Helmut

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

18 hours ago, helberger said:

I have a question regarding these mods, the read me text says for version 2.7 or before, I have v2.8, so can some of these

mods still be used for v2.8????

Yes.

Thanks for catching this error. I'll update the readme on the weekend.

New revision

- Mach disk behaviour was reverted to default

- Bank angle protection for the modded autopilot's IAS/MACH mode (will disengage when bank angle is greater than 30°)

- Updated quick reference checklist

- Experimental FDE updated.

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMZFJoTWgyVUJpaTQ/view?usp=sharing

• Upvote 2

Hello! Thanks for the great mods for this great plane :)

I'm having some trouble with the last two versions of your mod pack (downloaded both this past Monday as well as the version from 4/9), specifically the system gauge replacement. I've installed the Load/Save gauge, and that seems to work fine, but when I add in the system gauge, operating either of the battery switches in the plane does nothing, I get no juice. The animation runs and the VC switches move, but nothing appears to happen in the electrical system. I also get the following messages in ContentErrorLog (let me know if you need more, I don't see anyting else related to the System gauge):

[error.28]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Gauge
Name: SYSTEM
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "if" in: if { 0.5 + } (L:STEER_ON,bool) if{ 1 + } (L:PRISEC_SW,bool) -1 == if{ 0.5 + } 3.25 + } 7 +
(A:LIGHT TAXI, bool) if{ 10 + } (A:LIGHT LANDING, bool) if{ 15 

[error.29]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Gauge
Name: SYSTEM
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): "{" in: { 0.5 + } (L:STEER_ON,bool) if{ 1 + } (L:PRISEC_SW,bool) -1 == if{ 0.5 + } 3.25 + } 7 +
(A:LIGHT TAXI, bool) if{ 10 + } (A:LIGHT LANDING, bool) if{ 15 + } 

I don't have any other of the mods enabled (I've tried reinstalling the plane after clearing the simobjects folder, and re-adding just the load/save gauge and system gauge). I've copied the FSW_L35A_Mods folder to both Panel.MAIN and Panel.GNS as instructed in the documentation, as well as updating both panel.cfg's and aircraft.cfg with the updated electrical system. I don't know if it matters but I've been testing with the GTN version of the cargo model.

I'm running:

P3D academic, version 3.4.18.19475

Later version of XMLTools linked from your readme document (I've also tried searching and installing another version just from a google search, but saw the same errors.

Latest (2.8) version of the 35A, downloaded within the last week.

Let me know if you need any other info - I'm sure I'm just missing something simple, but haven't been able to get this part of the mod running. Thanks!!!

SYSTEM.xml and ELEC_SYSTEM.xml both have a line containing "if {", but the actual command is "if{" (without the space, as the error message suggests).

Yes, that's a bit strange, even Microsoft itself got that wrong sometimes in their own gauge documentation :)

Just remove the extra space until Bjoern creates a new version.

Thanks for the tip ThomasAH. I removed the space in both SYSTEM.xml and ELEC_SYSTEM.xml, and no longer am getting the error in ContentErrorLog. The battery switches in the plane however still are not affecting the plane. With both battery switches off (emerg also off), the plane still has power, DC meter showing 0 but plane still powered. I feel like I'm missing something in changing configs somewhere, but I followed the instructions in the readme line by line, several times.

Do you have anything else enabled that could interfere with the standard battery switch (which the, well "fake" batteries ultimately control)? FSUIPC's "infinite battery" tweak or some other add-on?

Or are you running P3Dv3? In that case, there might be compatibility problems which I wouldn't be able to fix.

Yes, I'm running P3dV3, and do have FSUIPC but nothing enabled there that affects the batteries (I'll double-check). Must just be an incompatibility then. The other tweaks are working fine so I'll keep plugging along. Thanks!

15 hours ago, Dedian said:

Yes, I'm running P3dV3, and do have FSUIPC but nothing enabled there that affects the batteries (I'll double-check). Must just be an incompatibility then. The other tweaks are working fine so I'll keep plugging along. Thanks!

You can also dig through the P3D forums here or at LM to check any changes or bugs related battery handling. I'd surely like to know if something's up.

LM, after all, managed to break the default hydraulic switch EventIDs in an update and I never got the word if it got fixed.

Whats the difference between the Learjet35A.air file not in its own folder, and the one inside the "Experimental FDE" folder- which one should we use, and/or which one is the manual referring to?

I'm also getting the battery switch issue as mentioned above. Solution looks like it may be to go find the space in the above mentioned xml files and delete that space between the "if" and the "{"

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity