Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Mods for the Learjet 35A

There is/should be (away from FSX PC ATM) a readme in the FDE folder detailing the changes made in comparison to the default file.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

The way I read it- one .air file is modded, and one is modded with additional "experimental" changes. Can these be used interchangeably? One in the Experimental folder says that also modifications must be made to the aircraft.cfg- but the other air file is kind of all by its lonesome. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Aaaaaand here's the update to v2.9.

All documented changes from the 2.9 update are in (provided they've affected the mods), as well as the small fix for the electrical system.

The experimental FDE has been refined as well. Time to altitude figures are in the ballpark and the engines are not prone to run hog wild anymore. Moments of inertia were recalculated as well.
Note that the FDE is now based on an aircraft.cfg that doesn't include any changes made by the mod package (e.g. electrical system). So you won't need to install the mods when you want to give it a try. If you want to use mods, install it first.

Download link, as usual:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMZFJoTWgyVUJpaTQ/view?usp=sharing

• Upvote 2

Thank you for your mod!

I'm having a bit of trouble I guess... when the learjet loads, I can't shut the engines off using the throttles. After clicking the "all systems off" I'm then unable to get power to the aircraft at all (battery switches aren't working). Any ideas?

I realized I had copied the files from the mod folder into the panel folder, instead of the entire panel itself. 

Hi Bjoern!

Thank you so much for your hard work to improve the Lear. I installed you rmods(except the wxrdr) following closely your tutorial and re-checking the install. I found something odd when after a flight, with the batteries switches off, there is still "power"on the plane. On the annunciator panel the lights are on , for example the stall warning and if I switch them on, each light disappear (which is correct). To unpower the aircraft, I have to select"All systems off" within the Flysimware control panel. Not a big deal anyway. May be I made a mistake somewhere installing the mods but I can't see where!

Best regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I'm not at home and can't check for code bugs, but are you sure that you have absolutely no power source (engines or GPU) connected to the main electrical bus AND have BOTH battery switches off?

Hi Bjoern!

Two different situations:

- At the beginning of a flight, plane C&D, GPU not selected in "aircraft options"panel, if put the batteries on then off I still have power on the plane.

- At the end of a flight, engine shutdown, GPU not selected in "aircraft options"panel, if I switch the batteries off I still have power on the plane.

Regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Is "unlimited battery" activated somewhere in FSUIPC or in the aircraft.cfg?

If not, you'll have to live with it for now or forever. Can't do anything about it until I get home next weekend.

Thank you Bjoern!

I don't have "unlimited batt"nor in FSUIPC neither in aircraft.cfg. Not a big deal, I open the control panel and select"All systems off".

Best regards

Pat

Patrick Mussotte

If you don't move the START/GEN switches to "Off" after engine shut down, the electrical power will stay on for some reason. The electrical system code offers no indication as to why this happens and I am too unmotivated to dig any deeper for other potential causes.

So live with it.

• Upvote 1

No problem, it's your mod and it's up to you!

Cheers

Pat

Patrick Mussotte

FYI, this also happens without the mod.

Cheers

Brent

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Brent said:

FYI, this also happens without the mod.

Cheers

Brent

Thank you Brent for the feedback! At least I didn't make a mistake when I installed Bjoerr' mod:cool:

Cheers

Pat

Patrick Mussotte