Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Mods for the Learjet 35A

Apologies. Autorudder was on.

Thank you for help.

Steve

Dell Precision T3610, Windows 7 x64 + Windows XP x32 (dual boot)
Intel Xeon Processor ES-1620 v2, 4 core, 3.70 GHz
8GD DDR3-1600 
Nvidia GTX 960,  Dell U3011 (3560 x 1600 px) + Asus Pa245Q (1929 x 1200px)
FSX Acceleration

3 hours ago, paradisca1 said:

Autorudder was on.

Been there, done that!   😊

Al

On 6/23/2018 at 5:59 PM, paradisca1 said:

So when you say "now simply blocks any rudder input",  I guess you mean rudder input to the nose wheel but not the rudder. Why do you think the original tried to counteract rudder input? It ruined the airplane for me until your mod fixed it. So again a big thank you.

Nose wheel and rudder are linked by default in FSX, autorudder or not.

Thanks for the kind words!

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 7/29/2017 at 7:26 AM, Pat Mussotte said:

Thank you Brent for the feedback! At least I didn't make a mistake when I installed Bjoerr' mod:cool:

Cheers

Pat

If the EMER Battery switch is in standby it will pick up the electrical load. Is that switch off?

Hi Björn,

I am trying your modifications for the Learjet and do have one question. After installation of your mods (with version 3.0 of the Learjet in P3Dv4.4) the cockpit click sounds for switches and buttons were gone. Is this normal or did I mess something up?

Thanks a lot and Best Regards
Frank

23 minutes ago, mdata said:

Hi Björn,

I am trying your modifications for the Learjet and do have one question. After installation of your mods (with version 3.0 of the Learjet in P3Dv4.4) the cockpit click sounds for switches and buttons were gone. Is this normal or did I mess something up?
Thanks a lot and Best Regards
Frank

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, Bjoern said:

Nose wheel and rudder are linked by default in FSX, autorudder or not.

Thanks for the kind words!

Hi Frank,

Just quoting Bjoern's post - so he receives a new notification - last post I read from him - he was going over to the dark side - LOL - XP... He might not frequent here as much as he used to...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

42 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Frank,

Just quoting Bjoern's post - so he receives a new notification - last post I read from him - he was going over to the dark side - LOL - XP... He might not frequent here as much as he used to...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks a lot Scott,

Do you use his mods? I realize the Lear is one of your favorite ACs.

Cheers
Frank

40 minutes ago, mdata said:

Thanks a lot Scott,

Do you use his mods? I realize the Lear is one of your favorite ACs.

Cheers
Frank

Hi Frank,

I did - but I stopped loading them during one of the upgrades and I never managed to go back - perhaps I should look again ?

Hah - yeah - sometimes I must sound like a broken record but I truly am enthusiastic about this aircraft... For me - it took the same spot held by the old Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne - until I gave up trying to get it to work correctly in P3D...

Regards,
Scott

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

I did - but I stopped loading them during one of the upgrades and I never managed to go back - perhaps I should look again ?

I applied some of them. I was looking especially for the Load/Save gauge since I never have the time to complete long range flights in one go. I also liked the idea of a cleaned up system gauge and an improved autopilot. The other mods I did not touch. But unfortunately somewhere on the way there I missed the cockpit sounds. Anyway, I do like the Learjet ...

Cheers
Frank

• Like 1

I have all the mods applied to the Lear. Need to take careful time setting up but absolutely worth it. Load save is great for that mid flight crash! I have the full range of light dimming setup and I love it . My sounds work fine. 

This IS a lovable plane. It has an undefinable soul that somehow makes me feel very at home in the cockpit flying at the end of a stressful day. 

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hi Folks,

Oh yeah - I need to add the dimmable lights back in now that we're on the v4 VAS free zone - forgot about that...

Regards,

Scott

32 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I have all the mods applied to the Lear. Need to take careful time setting up but absolutely worth it. Load save is great for that mid flight crash! I have the full range of light dimming setup and I love it . My sounds work fine. 

This IS a lovable plane. It has an undefinable soul that somehow makes me feel very at home in the cockpit flying at the end of a stressful day.

Yes, I totally agree.

So, you say your cockpit sounds work - then I have to reinstall and try again with the mods. I must have overlooked something.

Best Regards
Frank

35 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Oh yeah - I need to add the dimmable lights back in now that we're on the v4 VAS free zone - forgot about that...

You might be I'm still in dinosaur land (FSX Steam).

😄

Mind you with careful scenery management and fsx.cfg editing I can still run the Lear at LOD 8.5 with everything OrbX running (except the major airports like KSAN/ESSA/YBBN etc) . Its a lean machine the Lear!

12 minutes ago, mdata said:

So, you say your cockpit sounds work

Yes but I must point out I am using FSX Steam. First time I applied the mods I must have missed something out as the load/save did not work. RE-installed ac after getting the WX radar and the second time modding went perfectly. If you get really stuck maybe we can paste cfg files here for you to check against. I am right in believing FSX/P3D use the same system for aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg files right?

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

14 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I am right in believing FSX/P3D use the same system for aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg files right?

Yes, they still do.
I will finish my current flight first, then try a reinstall - this may take until tomorrow. If am still stuck afterwards I will report back.

Cheers
Frank

9 hours ago, mdata said:

P3Dv4 is entirely uncontrolled airspace for me, which means that you're on your own in terms of support.

It could be that the sound gauge needs an update.
https://douglassdawson.ca/

And yes, I'm using XP11 now. Much better framerates at much more detail and PID controller running at framerate and not the 18 Hz of MSFS' 2D gauges.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days