New version of the mods:

• Better engine spool curve
  • GNS530 power state and GTX327 now with load/save support
  • Proper readme in pdf format

Download link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMZFJoTWgyVUJpaTQ/view?usp=sharing

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Let's get this over with before it starts to haunt me in my dreams.

• Updated for v2.8
  • Added some callsigns for implementation via Editvoicepack
  • Rearranged and partially optimized System.xml
  • Partially realistic simulation of the electrical system (realistic batteries, generator loads)
  • Simplified nose wheel steering logic
  • Modified autopilot vertical modes (SPD, VS, ALT hold, ALT SEL)
  • Expanded key control gauge
  • Resized and compressed shared textures (size cut down by two thirds)

Download:

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2017 at 6:05 PM, Bjoern said:

Let's get this over with before it starts to haunt me in my dreams.

• Updated for v2.8
  • Added some callsigns for implementation via Editvoicepack
  • Rearranged and partially optimized System.xml
  • Partially realistic simulation of the electrical system (realistic batteries, generator loads)
  • Simplified nose wheel steering logic
  • Modified autopilot vertical modes (SPD, VS, ALT hold, ALT SEL)
  • Expanded key control gauge
  • Resized and compressed shared textures (size cut down by two thirds)

Download:

Thank you! Installing to my Lear35 as I type!

Edit: In flight from KMKC to KOMA.... I noticed I am unable to activate just the flight director. The autopilot must be engaged to get it to come up, i.e I can't engage say HDG mode until ENG is selected on. Also noticed both clocks are inop, blank displays.

Did I goof something up with my install? Other than the above, it seems to be performing well...

The flight director behavior was not touched by me and I'm not sure if it's a general FSX limitation or the way FSW coded it.

I also did not touch the clocks. Check that the panel.cfg entries ([VCockpit22] and [VCockpit23] for panel.GNS and [VCockpit11] and [VCockpit12] for panel.main) and the associated .cab file (FLYSIMWARE_DIGITAL_CLOCK.cab) is present.

Also, keep in mind that I can 't support any GTN750 cockpit configurations since I do not own the gauge.

Maybe I should add a disclaimer to the readme...

18 hours ago, Jason_Peters said:

I noticed I am unable to activate just the flight director. The autopilot must be engaged to get it to come up, i.e I can't engage say HDG mode until ENG is selected on.

I can verify the flight director should work without the AP being Engaged -- I use it that way frequently.

Al

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

The flight director behavior was not touched by me and I'm not sure if it's a general FSX limitation or the way FSW coded it.

I also did not touch the clocks. Check that the panel.cfg entries ([VCockpit22] and [VCockpit23] for panel.GNS and [VCockpit11] and [VCockpit12] for panel.main) and the associated .cab file (FLYSIMWARE_DIGITAL_CLOCK.cab) is present.

Also, keep in mind that I can 't support any GTN750 cockpit configurations since I do not own the gauge.

Maybe I should add a disclaimer to the readme...

I'm not accusing your work of causing the issues Bjoern. Just pointing out I'm having them. I'll take a look at those clock entries in the .cfg later this evening. I appreciate your help!

58 minutes ago, ark said:

I can verify the flight director should work without the AP being Engaged -- I use it that way frequently.

Al

Al,

Agreed, I've used that way a bunch as well. Are you flying v2.8? GTN bird with Bjoern's mods?

Not sure why it isn't working... will fiddle with it some more tonight.

1 hour ago, Jason_Peters said:

Al,

Agreed, I've used that way a bunch as well. Are you flying v2.8? GTN bird with Bjoern's mods?

Hi Jason,

No, I went back to ver 2.7 and then added back some modifications less extensive then Bjoern made. For example, I'm using the ver 2.8 panel.MAIN folder but I modified the  Learjet_35A.cab file a bit to improve (at least in my judgement) the GTN750 hold/capture range for NAV and the Glide Slope. So I guess what I have is something like ver 2.75.  The AP functions seem to work fine in ver 2.7 so I didn't change any AP functions.

Al

Sorry guys, I can't figure the FD out on the fly. Its conditions and functions are in the code that was left unchanged by me, but I'm not sure what it's supposed to do. Yes, it requires actual autopilot functions to be engaged, but the interaction with FSX' internal flight director is a mystery to me. Note that I've never used a flight director before. It's either stick and rudder or everything automated for me.

8 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Sorry guys, I can't figure the FD out on the fly. Its conditions and functions are in the code that was left unchanged by me, but I'm not sure what it's supposed to do. Yes, it requires actual autopilot functions to be engaged, but the interaction with FSX' internal flight director is a mystery to me. Note that I've never used a flight director before. It's either stick and rudder or everything automated for me.

Bjoern,

If it helps, I removed your autopilot modifications, and the flight director now works as it should.  I.E. the autopilot doesn't have to be engaged.  Unfortunately, that means I get the crap v2.8 autopilot issues...

On the clock issue, I found that was my fault. I had failed to renumber the gaugexx entries appropriately as directed by your instructions. Once I did, they worked.. imagine that!

Eh, I think I fixed it. Seems I went a bit overboard with the deactivation conditions for the autopilot.

Keep in mind that the flight director won't work with any vertical mode other than altitude hold.

Download the mod package and replace LJ35A_Autopilot.xml.

Bjoern, if I could send beer via the internet, I'd do it. You are a quality mammal!

Thanks for the tweaks!

:-)

Scott

Hi Bjoern. Great tweaks. I have one problem though. When the nose wheel steering lock is engaged I cannot use the rudder anymore.

Thanks

13 hours ago, rightseat said:

Bjoern, if I could send beer via the internet, I'd do it. You are a quality mammal!

Thanks for the tweaks!

:-)

Scott

Electronics and liquids don't mix, so just erect a statue in my honor.

4 hours ago, FlyChuck said:

Hi Bjoern. Great tweaks. I have one problem though. When the nose wheel steering lock is engaged I cannot use the rudder anymore.

That's a given necessity since rudder and nosewheel steering can not be separated. So I had to block out any rudder activity when the lock is engaged. That's just how FSX works.

- E: Wait, the steering logic isn't limited to ground ops in the code. Frak.

Too lazy for an official update, so here's a DIY solution.

In FSW_L35A_Mods\SYSTEM.xml, find (in the landing gear section):

(L:STEER_ON,bool) 0 ==
if{ (A:GEAR CENTER STEER ANGLE, percent over 100) 0 != if{ 0 (>K:RUDDER_SET) } }

and replace with:

(L:STEER_ON,bool) 0 ==
(A:SIM ON GROUND, bool) and
(A:SURFACE RELATIVE GROUND SPEED,KNOTS) 45 < and
if{ (A:GEAR CENTER STEER ANGLE, percent over 100) 0 != if{ 0 (>K:RUDDER_SET) } }

As the code says, steering (and rudder input) will be blocked when the lock is engaged on the ground while slower than 45 knots.

New revision.

- Fixed the non-working engine shutdown

- Added low-memory cockpit lighting

- Updated the callsigns for all controller voices

- Included the above fix for the inoperative rudder

Download, as usual:

Read the manual, blah, blah...

And take a peek into the thread about VAS usage improvements if you've got problems with OOMs.

• Upvote 1