Sign in to follow this  
FS++

And the Co-pilot cometh to FsLabs A320

Greetings folks.

Please make sure you read the Avsim news, MCE announcement.

http://www.avsim.com/index.php/

Who should update...

Obviously, anyone who is eager to fly the FsLabs A320 in a multi-crew scenario.

Anyone using MCE with GSX whose installation is earlier than V2.6.7.7

Happy Holiday season to all.

Great news Gerald !

Thanks for the hard work.

I'm just waiting the A320 release for P3D ;)

Did you find out the push button issue with P3D?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Great news Gerald !

Thanks for the hard work.

I'm just waiting the A320 release for P3D ;)

Did you find out the push button issue with P3D?

Thanks for the accolade.

Not yet, regarding Q400.

Hello Gerald,

I do have a question or two regarding the FSL A320 implementation and your product. I am used to the FS2Crew product but after reading some of the topics here and @ the FSL forum, your product seems to be more powerful and more flexible.

My question is about whether I can set up flows according to the QRH, for example let's take the preliminary cockpit prep, can I set up a flow where I ask the NPF, "start prelim cockpit flow", and have MCE run these checks silently (I dont want to hear the PNF tell me everything he is doing, as you know we run these checks silently when doing our flows IRL); also can MCE handle every action (APU Fire test, etc.)  that is simulated by FSL (as most systems that can be simulated in FS are implemented, well most of them :) )

In addition, I was wondering if there are any plans on improving the fluidity of the audio, I did watch a few YouTube videos and the FO voice sounded a bit too robotic. I was also surprised to hear the PNF talk for each action he performed during prep flows (i.e "left fuel pump on, center pump on, etc. etc.)

I am interested purchasing your product but I want to make sure it fits my requirements. 

Thank you in advance!

Regards

John.

Hello Gerald,

I do have a question or two regarding the FSL A320 implementation and your product. I am used to the FS2Crew product but after reading some of the topics here and @ the FSL forum, your product seems to be more powerful and more flexible.

My question is about whether I can set up flows according to the QRH, for example let's take the preliminary cockpit prep, can I set up a flow where I ask the NPF, "start prelim cockpit flow", and have MCE run these checks silently (I dont want to hear the PNF tell me everything he is doing, as you know we run these checks silently when doing our flows IRL); also can MCE handle every action (APU Fire test, etc.)  that is simulated by FSL (as most systems that can be simulated in FS are implemented, well most of them :) )

In addition, I was wondering if there are any plans on improving the fluidity of the audio, I did watch a few YouTube videos and the FO voice sounded a bit too robotic. I was also surprised to hear the PNF talk for each action he performed during prep flows (i.e "left fuel pump on, center pump on, etc. etc.)

I am interested purchasing your product but I want to make sure it fits my requirements. 

Thank you in advance!

Regards

John.

Absolutely.

You can have flows that exactly match your airline SOPs, and we give you the option to customize the trigger sentence and what FO does, in which sequence and pace.

Audio is often the least understood part when it comes to MCE.

Because we have a fully working Demo, we don't have those 3 minutes, highly suggestive promo videos, that make you believe you're going to get a real world pilot for a US$ 30 fee. Once you acquire the product it's a different story.

By default, the pre-made flows we ship are set to "verbose".

We do that mainly so the user can see what the co-pilot is doing and to give you an idea about the kind of voice commands you'd need to speak in order to get FO to manipulate an item directly. You can inspect the flow and see what each action does and using which command.

We also allow users to add "Notifications" from FO (like reminders), and obviously these being custom sentences, they will of course sound "slightly robotic" (but honestly not that much). The predictable stuff sounds nice though.

Now, every flow has a "verbose" option. Once you de-select it, FO will just acknowledge he's going to perform the flow, then do that silently (unless there is one of the notifications in the flow) and only report when he's done with the flow.

because there is no physical FO presence, we even included a set of commands to check whether FO is done with the flow.

Here is a video showing how to get the co-pilot to execute flows silently.

In this case, he's using recorded voice Dieter (German), but there are 8 other co-pilots to choose from, including US, UK, AUS and even Swiss-French accent.

Therefore, if you want a professional co-pilot you'll have it. If you want a companion on board to tease, occasionally abuse or have fun with, you also have it. :smile:

You can also use TTS voices with MCE. If you get some quality TTS voices they sound less "robotic" than the prerecorded voices. To me at least - I am only using TTS voices with MCE because to me they sound better - and they offer full flexibility in regard of what they can say. In contrast to the prerecorded voices they can say anything you want them to.

Thank you both, I will go ahead and try the product!I had to google TTS voice, wasn't aware of it, we learn something new every day dont we? ;)

My question is about whether I can set up flows according to the QRH, for example let's take the preliminary cockpit prep, can I set up a flow where I ask the NPF, "start prelim cockpit flow", and have MCE run these checks silently (I dont want to hear the PNF tell me everything he is doing, as you know we run these checks silently when doing our flows IRL);

Yes, you can build your own professional company flow, line by line. Ensure "verbose" is de selected. End the flow with either a "notify" line or use the end statement, something like, "before start flow completed, ready for checklist". You need this at the conclusion of the flow or you won't know if the FO has completed it.

Then go into the checklist text file and add the exact check list items from your company flow. Since this is a fully supported aircraft, these checklist items are switch status aware! If the APU bleed is off and its supposed to be on, the FO will correct you and the switch!

As for "voices", you are spoilt for choice. As well as the MCE First Officers you may use any TTS voice. I use CereProc (Scottish company) voice Jess. They have a large portfolio of international voices from which to choose.

You are in for some surprises as you fly, especially if you have the extra options ticked. Speak out of turn or try and do something unprofessional and you may be surprised how much that "phantom" First Officer knows!:-)

With access to all the flows and checklists, you can make the aircraft "your" professional simulation, not some pre recorded facsimile that someone (who's never flown the jet) cooked up!

Cheers

David

I don't think TTS voices are better and with 9 recorded co-pilots (and a tenth on the way), they certainly aren't required, unless you have some special need for them.

For instance, if you have a quality TTS voice, you could assign it to the Purser and then script all sorts of virtual conversations with him/her about anything you want.

In any case, to make it easier, both are supported. The choice is yours.

And just like in the real world, some people get on better with some and not with others.

When it comes to recorded voices, some will be comfortable with a particular voice (say a high pitch one) while others prefer a testosterone fuelled voice like "FO William".