Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

747V3 reverse thrust is wrong

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be on as standard.

After a quick search, I'm only seeing them on KLM birds, which leads me to believe that it wasn't a standard option (in addition to the Boeing manuals making no reference to them), and was an STC.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thai Airways have them too (at least on some their 747-400s), so it's not unique (but it is rare)

EyeAlignmentDeviceKLM.JPG

A little more common is that device which looks like an oven timer on the overhead panel :Tounge:

Cheers

John H Watson

I hope the Chemtrails system is 100% modeled or else it will not be a fully accurate simulation - David Lee

Spray and pray! Barium!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

A quick search of the internet for 'cockpit seat adjustment' confirms that it is, indeed, a seat alignment device. The Captain and First Officer adjust the height and position of their respective seats to align the balls in a certain position which ensures best viewing and visibility from that position.

Best not to do it in mid flight! There's an incident quoted of a Captain who for mischief adjusted the seat position of his First Officer when he'd left the cockpit and accidentally switched off the autopilot, resulting in injuries to some passengers. 

Thai Airways have them too (at least on some their 747-400s), so it's not unique (but it is rare)

This is a clear picture which shows it could be a quick 'drill and fix' solution employed by an airline.

Bernard Walford

A quick search of the internet for 'cockpit seat adjustment' confirms that it is, indeed, a seat alignment device.

This wasn't the question. The earlier question was "why isn't it in the PMDG version?" The answer, as I provided earlier, is that it is not a Boeing item/option. It's an STC'd item, added by the airline.

Kyle Rodgers

Gents,

I turn my attention to things outside the forum for a few days and you guys are flinging poo at one another.

I am going to kill this thread with a couple of observations:

1) The OP made an observation.  Nothing wrong with his observation- except some poor choice of wording and a bit of over-assertiveness with minimal information.  I think we can chalk it up to enthusiasm. 

2) Our reply was rather more blunt than it should have been.  In that bluntness- we lost an opportunity to educate the OP a bit on just how much research goes into building these simulations.  Ryan came back with some very good factual information on some limitations we constantly have to code around- but this too was lost because of #3, below.

3) Holy heck, people.  You guys will debate/bash/slap one another around over just about anything.

Relax...  take a walk with a dog.  Sometimes it is helpful to realize that even green grass and flowers will occasionally mask some hidden poop- but all it needs is a quick sniff and you can move on with your day. 

(Wow...  two poo references in a single post...  this is going to be an interesting weekend...)

• Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com