Sign in to follow this  
markk70

A2A Constellation...

Does someone know if the Captain of the Ship 049 Constellation (P3D+FSX) Professional Bundle is written for P3Dv4 as well? The A2A site doesn't say for what P3D version it is.

Edited by Jim Young
Split from Topic A2A Constellation...

Patricio Valdes

44 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Does someone know if the Captain of the Ship 049 Constellation (P3D+FSX) Professional Bundle is written for P3Dv4 as well? The A2A site doesn't say for what P3D version it is.

You will have two (2) P3D installers to chose from: P3D V2-3 and P3DV4. If you have P3DV2-3 and P3DV4, yes you may download both from your A2A account and install the Connie in both versions of P3D and also the FSX version into FSX in the bundle.. 

Lyn

40 minutes ago, Mazo said:

You will have two (2) P3D installers to chose from: P3D V2-3 and P3DV4. If you have P3DV2-3 and P3DV4, yes you may download both from your A2A account and install the Connie in both versions of P3D and also the FSX version into FSX in the bundle.. 

Lyn

I have FSX and P3Dv4.1 so, I can have both sim with Connie right? I think I will give a try ….

Edited by trisho0
correcting

Patricio Valdes

6 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Hello,

this is written on the product page.

This FSX and Prepar3D bundled pack also includes BOTH the AIRCRAFT and it's associated CAPTAIN OF THE SHIP expansion pack for Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D v1, v2, v3, v4 and Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

8 hours ago, nolonger said:

Hello,

this is written on the product page.

Thanks, sorry I didn't notice that great info. I am going to get that Connie Professional Bundle.

Patricio Valdes

Just installed the Connie Professional bundle into FSX and P3Dv4 and amazing product. I will have to learn more about flying with the bird. Does exist tutorial? I need to find out a way to do right mixture …. 

Patricio Valdes

The good tuto for this aircraft is to make two or three flights and let the flight engineer manage all the parameters. There are also many tutos on Youtube but I learned a lot with the first method...Just my 2cts....

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

2 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

The good tuto for this aircraft is to make two or three flights and let the flight engineer manage all the parameters. There are also many tutos on Youtube but I learned a lot with the first method...Just my 2cts....

Regards,

What do you mean flight engineer manage all the parameters? Where is him?

Patricio Valdes

27 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

What do you mean flight engineer manage all the parameters? Where is him?

Don't you know there's a live engineer? Yes? So, I recommend you take a look at the manual on page 100, come back here if you want more details I can eventually answer...;-)...and you have a stewardess too. Enjoy...Great aircraft.

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

15 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Don't you know there's a live engineer? Yes? So, I recommend you take a look at the manual on page 100, come back here if you want more details I can eventually answer...

Regards,

That's cool I will check on the manual. Just flew manually from KJFK and did U turn landing easily but I want to learn how to fly using radios so I can land on another airport as I should. I know how to fly PMDG birds by preparing the FMC but no radios.

Patricio Valdes

27 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

That's cool I will check on the manual. Just flew manually from KJFK and did U turn landing easily but I want to learn how to fly using radios so I can land on another airport as I should. I know how to fly PMDG birds by preparing the FMC but no radios.

Not sure to understand, do you want to learn to fly VOR to VOR?

Edit : Have a look to this video and also to the Alan post/video below...

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

40 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I want to learn how to fly using radios so I can land on another airport as I should.

Here's a good place to start - a set of YouTube tutorials by sim CFI, specific to the A2A Constellation.  This is the main one...

And there's another one about the use of the ADF...

If you've got the time, here's a complete flight on Pilot Edge that he streamed.

For lots of good general information on how to fly propliners, check out the tutorials at Cal Classics.  There's a lot that's different from the jetliners you're used to.  For example, you won't want to chop power and descend at two thousand feet per minute, because that will kill your engines.  Standard practice was to descend at three hundred feet per minute under slightly reduced power. You can download their extensive PDF tutorial here.

If you're totally new to old-school navigation, you might want to try a few sessions with a smaller, lighter airplane like a Cessna 172 (EDIT: or the Baron in the Captain Mac video that DrumsArt linked to in the post above), where things don't move as fast.  On the other hand, no harm in jumping into the Connie - the worst you'll do is bend some sim metal, which is what sims are for.

Finally, stop by the A2A forums - you'll find a lot of knowledgeable people on the Connie subform who'll be happy to help.

You're in for a fun experience - enjoy!

Edited by Alan_A

Hey, guys - the rest of this discussion seems to have gotten attached to an old Connie thread.  The rest of the replies are over here.

Maybe a mod can stitch them together.  I'll self-report this post and see if we can make that happen.

Many thanks to all from here and I appreciate that, indeed. Now I will start learning Connie flying … 

Patricio Valdes

10 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Maybe a mod can stitch them together.  I'll self-report this post and see if we can make that happen.

I split the latest posts from this old topic (called necroposting) yesterday and now you want me to merge that topic into this old topic?  Strange but I did it.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10