Sign in to follow this  
MatzeH84

No effects...?

Just downloaded and installed Q400 immersion.

I ran Steve's DX10 fixer, which converted 8 effects. I set up a new flight, night time, visibility 0500 in fog. Turned on the engines, and have no volumetric effects anywhere- everything looks like straight out of the Majestic box.

I ran the installer twice, to no avail. Special effects are set to high- test to change to medium had no effect.

In the Lear everything runs perfect..

Entries in the aircraft.cfg are installed, the effects are in their directory.

In the lights section I added light.5 = 3,  -6.50,  0.0,    2.0, fx_dx10shield as I have problems with some older airports under DX10, could this be a factor?

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Hi Matthias,

Can you explain how you load the aircraft for a flight?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

My standard flight is the trike with everything switched off.

Then I select the airport and start the flight.. Once loaded I select the aircraft.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Same here, but I am on P3D. Downloaded and applied effects - does not look any different. I load the aircraft from the main p3d menu.

Same here, but I am on P3D. Downloaded and applied effects - does not look any different. I load the aircraft from the main p3d menu.

I will ask you the exact same question: Can you explain how you load the aircraft for a flight?

My standard flight is the trike with everything switched off.

Then I select the airport and start the flight.. Once loaded I select the aircraft.

alright, if you press "i" do you see the effects?

If you don't update to the latest version of the Q400 from the Majestic website (1.018e)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I load the q400 straight from the default p3d start menu and if I press I, I do see the effects. I can not find which folder the user guide is located in. I am sure it is just a simple thing I need to do

I indeed tried to press I, as I know you use smoke effect for this.. However it didn't work.

I will check for the Q version, I guess this could be the point.. I might omitted the last update as I thought it only provided P3D patches I don't need on FSX.

• Upvote 1

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

I load the q400 straight from the default p3d start menu and if I press I, I do see the effects. I can not find which folder the user guide is located in. I am sure it is just a simple thing I need to do

If you see the effects while pressing i, the product works as intended.

You can read the User Manual through your account on the website or by clicking the i icon next to the installation button in VFXCentral.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

So weird. I looked at the instructions, have my special effects sliders to max, but no effects. I did a couple of circuits and nothing, no smoke no contrails, nothing.

Updated to the latest version of the Q, everything is showing up properly now (only tested on ground so far). Superb work, guys!

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

I too have no effects. The pkg appears to have installed correctly into the "aircraft.cfg" [smokesystem]. Steps I follow...

a) start FSX/Accel with the default C172 at a default (non-payware) airport, cold 'n dark

b) start FSInn (VATSIM Client)

c) start FSGRW

d) use FSX menu to GO TO AN AIRPORT (Default or Payware) then SLEW the C172 to a gate

e) select the DH8D (after slewing) and preflight... the plane performs the same as prior to buying this addon FX

I've tested in dry, ovcst and rain conditions. No effects at all.

I also own the 777 Immersion and I have ALL the effects. The same weather FSGRW... everything the same... the B777 Effects work just as expected.

Let me ask this... "Am I supposed to press the letter I or something to get this thing to work?"

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

Update to the latest version of the Q400 from the Majestic website (1.018e) as I proposed earlier

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Happy New Year Keven.

At the Majestic User Area there is no mention of OR ability for me to d/l the 1.018e update you mention above.  FWIW... I have the 1.018b patch installed.  In fact I reinstalled everything... including the 1.018b patch.  Granted... I'm at the office right now and haven't been able to test any further... but will update this topic if the 'b' patch ISN'T the fix.  I only have the Pilot's Edition... NOT the Pro Edition.

If the 'e - Echo' patch is hidden somewhere else - that YOU know about, please advise.

Thanks,

Keith

Sorry. I meant  1.019b not 1.018b

Keith

Hello again Keven.  Let me shout... Err... maybe not... LOL.  It is a H A P P Y    D A Y at my hangar.  "All is well with the Immersion FX package for the Q400". It works like a charm... from engine start smoke... prop vortices during t/o roll... volumetric lighting... contrails..."  OMG... Considering I'm a retired engineer... it reminds me of the days when the client called to say "It works like a charm, Keith"

Maybe this might help someone else... I dunno.  I cleansed the previous install. Reinstalled the sim and applied the patch. Re-installed the FX pgk.  Followed the suggested flow (like I always did). Lit up the APU started #2 then went outside to check and... and... and... there was that smoke effect.  LOL

Thanks again for your help, Keven.

Keith