Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Microsoft Agrees they were too Aggressive!

If you care about your privacy, do not use internet.

Sorry brother but that's a very silly remark.

spacer.png

Incidentally, my son-in-law has a Mac at home and uses Win 10 at work. Whilst he still likes the macOS, he thinks that recent versions of the OS have made it much more cumbersome than it used to be. He still prefers the Mac but not by nearly as much as he used to.

I use Mac for my work as well. I have to agree that during the last 5 years Mac went downhill, while Windows improved. If it wasn't for all my Unix tricks, I probably would switch to Win 10 for my work as well.

Peter

The only issue I have with Windows 10 is it totally destroyed my Level D 767 and the developer has no fix.

Windows 10 broke the poor DRM they incorporated into the product. Repeat after me - DRM is not good for the consumer.

Luke

• Upvote 5

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

DRM is nonsense, and why I rarely buy any payware.

Privacy is a real concern, and Windows 10 might not be the worst offender, but still an offender. Big data is in its infancy. You've got nothing to hide? Well, just wait. Suddenly you don't get that mortgage you were counting on, you car insurance suddenly cost triple, no visa to visit a certain country for a family holiday...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Sorry brother but that's a very silly remark.

Actually, he's correct, but from the perspective of Privacy from Big Brother.  No way in or out, then it's secure.  I'm not suggesting this is any way to live (disconnected), but saying his point is accurate.

Best wishes everyone!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I use Mac for my work as well. I have to agree that during the last 5 years Mac went downhill, while Windows improved. If it wasn't for all my Unix tricks, I probably would switch to Win 10 for my work as well.

Are you aware that microsoft has now incorporated the ability to have a  Unix Bash shell in Windows 10 anniversary update.

bash-running-windows-10.jpg

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-bash-shell-command-line-windows-10

• Upvote 1

I will keep my non invasive w7 thanks.

sooner  than later you will be  forced  to switch   to w10

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I resisted Win 10 until the upgrade time ended. I could not get Win 7 updates in a timely manner. found a way to get around that only to have MS or whoever they were using for a gate keeper finding me out and shutting me out.  I did DLoad an ISO and put it on the side, I thought after doing so they would get OFF my back! Of course it didn't happen. I was busy a few times an was trying to do updates but had to leave my machine. Came back to see Win 10 all but setup on it? Had to let it finish and promptly did a reset to revert back to Win 7. They were a PITA$$.  FSX was not behaving right at the time. It had been on the machine for a long, long time. I felt there was a lot of garbage included in it's files, that/s how it felt to me at least. Their were some missing hooks for sure. Had a side by side install, that turned out to be a bad idea! My old HD was getting a bit wonky, was starting to sound like an old cement mixer i own. Stuck a seagate 1 TB hd for storage and bought a new Sandisk SSD 500 GB Extreme Pro and used the Win 10 ISO. I was reading that Win 10 and FSX were getting along well with one another. A good friend who has been involved in computer tech as I have since the Sinclair felt the same and was already using Win 10 to boot. It was well past the free Win 10 date but what the hell, gave it a try. Had no problems whatever. It went on slick as ... never mind, it went perfect! With the SSD it booted like lightning, i mean fast. After doing a little updating of my brain by some reading regarding FSX variants and reading about FSX-SE's re-compile and improvements in VAS and memory functionality I decided to give it a try. I did so and never looked back. I noticed all my FSX folders were named FSX NOT FSX_SE. I knew that was a good thing! The second thing I realized was that even with my somewhat tired machine the fluidity was excellent and I saw an increase in FPS. That did it for me. I went thru all the upgrades that others claimed broke their stuff with 0 problems of any in that regard on my rig??? I then decided to purchase a copy of Win 10 for another networked machine I use. After installing, again with 0 problems i noticed re-networking the machines was a breeze AND with the more robust networking security was actually enhanced somewhat. i will not go into details here. Ms likes to stick it's nose where it doesn't belong. their are many online guides to shut some doors on that. The bottom line IMHO is Win 10 is a decent OS. I found it to be faster and as, if not, more stable in it's present form than Win 7.

Happy New Year.

BaldyB

Go back to XP :-)

I'd go back and stick to Windows 2000 if I could, that was a very solid and nice OS :-)

Anyone thinking that Windows 10 is somehow suddenly spying on them is very naive in my opinion. If you've ever used Google (and who hasn't) and almost any web browser, you've been spied upon much more seriously for years! It's even worse if you use social media apps regularly - Windows looks almost innocent by comparison.

At least Google don't hide the fact they do this. Windows 10 was just sneaky

Windows 10 broke the poor DRM they incorporated into the product. Repeat after me - DRM is not good for the consumer.

An evil necessary unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

Suffer my ignorance. What is DRM?

Digital Rights Management.

In layman's terms: Futile attempt at protecting digital products from piracy and a major annoyance for all paying customers.

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

In layman's terms: Futile attempt at protecting digital products from piracy and a major annoyance for all paying customers.

Interesting. Thank you.

Vic green

It's hardly futile and also not nearly such a massive problem for paying customers as the vocal minority makes it out to be..

Would it be nice to see it go forever? Heck yeah, but as long as people can't find another reason for paying for stuff that costs money we're stuck with it.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg