Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Microsoft Agrees they were too Aggressive!

Not quite so cut and dried under European law.

Yep, they have a much more sane and realistic viewpoint on EULAs, which are far too heavily skewed in favor of the software developer.

spacer.png

Besides being anti-Microsoft, there is always an element of not wanting to change - even for the better. I subscribe to the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" mantra, and see no reason to give my hard earned cash to MS stcokholders. Microsoft don't make a new OS to improve or make things better, they do it because they need to boost their cash flow. It's pure greed and the whole reason Bill Gates is the worlds richest individual. Good for him, but what's in it for me? Why on earth would I go through all the hassle of installing a new OS when I have had a stellar and stable setup for the last five years with Win 7? Going from XP to 7 gave me enough headaches when I couldn't find new drivers for my hardware. When the day comes and I need a new computer I'll get the apropriate OS for it, but not a day sooner.

• Upvote 2

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Concurr:  very happy with W7/64...why would I change what works so well?

spacer.png

Two things that put me off of win10.

1. Yesterday everything was smooth but this morning nothing works because it automatically updated! I read too many instances of this gripe.

2. I don't want MS to know everything about me so that they can sell that info on to a third party in order to flood me with unneccessary advertising.

Actually there's a third. Even Win 3.11 had a better loooking desktop! I've still got all the floppies might do a re-install!!

Yep:  forced updates and a plethora of spying and invasive Apps you have to root out and disable.

spacer.png

nothing works because it automatically updated!

That is that absolute biggest pain in the butt with regards W10.  I don't mind all of the other quirks, but not having control as to when - and what it updates drives me insane.  Last year after an automatic update, none of my USB controllers worked.  I literally had resort to reinstalling the entire OS and everything else to get things back to normal.

That is that absolute biggest pain in the butt with regards W10. I don't mind all of the other quirks, but not having control as to when - and what it updates drives me insane.

Then take control of how updates are delivered and installed

shutup10.jpg

shutup10.jpg

All very well, except that MS will reset all your changes each time they update.

Interesting.  I've not seen that before. I'll have a look at that, thanks

All very well, except that MS will reset all your changes each time they update.

You can bypass that as well and no need for 3rd party apps to do so.

I use it for work so I can't update during dev cycles... and I don't :)

Once every 3-4 months I update the machine/drivers and etc.

I see that most of the issues people have in this post come from the fact that they didn't do the research, read too many OMG Windoze iz EVIL articles, have outdated information or are simply afraid of change.

Win 10 is probably the best release ever. Solid, fast and can work in same way as 7.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

You can bypass that as well and no need for 3rd party apps to do so.

Pawel,

Do you mind sharing how?

Pawel,

Do you mind sharing how?

This works for me. Just remember you need Win 10 PRO or higher. It will not work in HOME version as far as I am aware.

There's also a way where you can disable just one component from being updated.

I had to keep my GPU on specific driver for a bit and all the newer versions were simply ignored (even though I would get the notification).

https://mspoweruser.com/turn-off-windows-update-windows-10/

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Just remember you need Win 10 PRO or higher.

LOL

LOL

Not sure what's the LOL here but that makes a lot of sense.

Majority of users can't even sort their email issues let alone core system services.

So microsoft takes care of that for those that otherwise wouldn't know even where to begin... in a way of course and for their own sake :D

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

The "LOL" is because most home users will not be using the "PRO version or higher".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png