Sign in to follow this  
Leclercq A.

Terra Emergence Project for FSX/P3D

Aimé,

I'm immensely pleased, in fact I'd say that I am inspired anytime I see someone produce great freeware for our hobby, and I thank you so very much for your major contribution to those in our community!

Again, my humble and sincere thank for taking on a project of this magnitude, I know how much work it had to be!!!

• Upvote 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thank you for this welcome. It makes me very happy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Slide show for forests

P3D v3.4 + PTAv2 shaders + LOD13 mesh (payware) + REX

Regards

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Aimé,

Great work BTW.  I have a question. I have ORBX HD Trees installed, so I did not install the TEP trees. I noticed that your TEP tree textures don't quite match up to the HD Trees versions, in that a few of the TEP tree texture sheets have canopy textures included for the top down sim view. I assume that this is not a problem when generating the autogen trees.

That should not be a problem. My beta tester has orbx HD trees and did not notice anything special.

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Thanks. I haven't noticed anything unusual either but I have flown much where the palm and savanna autogen might be active.

Thanks. I haven't noticed anything unusual either but I have flown much where the palm and savanna autogen might be active.

If you use P3Dv3 you can see that LM no longer uses canopies. (Very bad effect in Africa with Acacia)

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Hi Aimé,

Thank you very much for this hugely valuable contribution to our simming experience. The work involved must have seemed at times never ending yet the results confirm your superb artistry and amazing eye for detail.

Currently I am using the following combination which is delivering excellent results on my rig:

AS16 + ASCA + ENVTEX (no Cumulus or Cirrus) + Terra Emergence Project + PTA 2.0 (THOPAT Preset 1.1)

Well done!

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

This looks great!   And it's amazing that it's being offered to the community for free.

Does it play nicely with the ORBX OpenLC products?   I have both OpenLC NA and EU, and wonder how TEP would work with them.

Hi Aimé,

Thank you very much for this hugely valuable contribution to our simming experience. The work involved must have seemed at times never ending yet the results confirm your superb artistry and amazing eye for detail.

Currently I am using the following combination which is delivering excellent results on my rig:

AS16 + ASCA + ENVTEX (no Cumulus or Cirrus) + Terra Emergence Project + PTA 2.0 (THOPAT Preset 1.1)

Well done!

Regards,

Mike

Thanks, Mike for the return. A screenshot with ENVTEX would welcome.

Regards

This looks great!   And it's amazing that it's being offered to the community for free.

Does it play nicely with the ORBX OpenLC products?   I have both OpenLC NA and EU, and wonder how TEP would work with them.

Hi Rob,

I haven't Orbx LC. I suppose if LC use part of default texture folder, you'll see part of TEP. Mabye you can tell me your experience with TEP.

TEP is compatible with Global base pack (Asked by many simmers) but don't affect cities and villages.

Regards

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Aimé,

I just noticed something else that I thought that I'd bring to your attention. After I ran FTX Central 3 today, it silently re-downloaded FTX Global Base Pack 1.40 (already installed previously). Did this impact the TEP textures in any way? I haven't looked yet by running P3d. After reading the ORBX forums, it appears that FTX Central 3 works like Steam does. If there are any ORBX files that have been replaced by another app, FTX Central 3 re-downloads the FTX versions of those files and installs them again. Could you post a screenshot of one of the TEP BMP files so I can compare it to the one that is now installed? If the TEP textures were overwritten, I'll just reinstall TEP again and avoid using FTX Central 3 until I can confirm what's going on (if anything).

Jay

What I do when installing is the following

1) Go to P3D/scenery/world folder, and make a copy of the texture folder. 

2) Rename the copy texture.TEP

3) Copy (and replace) the TEP files into the texture.TEP folder.

4) When you want to use TEP, rename the original texture folder to texture.ORG and delete the ".TEP" of the copy. When you want to revert back to the original folders, just do the opposite. 

I do the same as above before I install FTX Global, so I have a third folder named texture.FTX - That way I can easily switch back to the land class textures I need. 

You can use the same procedure with the trees if you wish in the P3D/Scenery/Global folder. 

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Thanks, so it does overwrite everything every time I run FTX Central 3. That's just dandy since it's 8 GB per Global Base Pack download. I saved the original Texture folder, so at least I am set with that.

Hmmm,

I did not know that they imposed the wearing of the chastity belt.

We no longer have the right to do what we want from our favorite simulator!

Would not it just be an update?

Unfortunately, I can not do anything against such practices.

• Upvote 1

Aimé
My Youtube channel