Sign in to follow this  
Leclercq A.

Terra Emergence Project for FSX/P3D

I have the solution:

1) Open P3D/FSX folder and go to main SCENERY folder

2) Create a folder TEP

3) Goto Scenery/World folder and copy TEXTURE folder (right-clic and copy)

4) Go to TEP folder and past TEXTURE folder

874620YAFSS333.jpg

5) Return to main SCENERY Folder and open BASE folder : Copy SCENERY folder from BASE

242161YAFSS335.jpg

6) Return to TEP folder and past SCENERY from BASE folder

635095YAFSS331.jpg

Now you have a folder TEP with inside a COPY of the TEXTURE folder from P3D-FSX/SCENERY/WORLD folder and a COPY of the SCENERY folder from P3D-FSX/SCENERY/BASE folder. (Nothing is moved in this operation, only copied!)

If you have not already installed my textures, install the files in the new TEP/TEXTURE folder and not in the WORLD/TEXTURE folder and overwrite.

7) In P3D-FSX open Scenery Library manager and declare new scenery TEP, like any addon.

8) Move down TEP just up Default Scenery

671667YAFSS328.jpg

Check or uncheck TEP at your convenience.

By this way, FTX central never re-download the base pack to overwrite TEP textures.

That all... Just few minutes !

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

excellent plan of action, thanks

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thanks, that should work unless an FTX installer changes the priority of layers in scenery.cfg. And that's also happened before and wasn't fixed until users complained.

What about the trees in the scenery/global/texture folder? Will they be overwritten by Orbx trees?

Thanks a lot for this great Freeware package!

FTX Central shouldn't overwrite anything once FTX Global is installed. Of course, if you install FTX Global AFTER installing TEP, TEP will be overwritten.

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Does anyone know what happens each time we install an update of the ORBX libraries? I presume we will have to remember to disable TEP in the Scenery library before each update is applied. Perhaps this is, in fact, irrelevant as I'm assuming each ORBX library update only touches the installed ORBX regions and will not affect anything under the Global category.

This is starting to get quite complicated. Don't forget, many of us are using ENVTEX now and we would need to know what files it installs (perhaps create a temporary dummy texture folder?) to allow us to copy the relevant files into the TEP texture folder, assuming, that is, we would wish to use the ENVTEX files along with TEP.

Does switching TEP in and out via the Scenery library have any implications for the way we use PTA and the results obtained?

Questions, questions. This may turn out to be not quite so straightforward as we first thought. I really hope that I'm wrong. Just trying to think this through...LOL!

Mike

Other stuff

I've constate it's no necessary to copy the TEXTURE folder from SCENERY/WORLD/TEXTURE (Space saving)

A TEXTURE folder Inside TEP folder with only the bmp and agn files from TEP it's enough. (Plus the SCENERY folder from SCENERY/BASE/)

The missing files will be found automatically in the folder SCENERY/WORLD/TEXTURE

it works!

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Adam, you're making it too complicated.

As long as you create a TEP folder inside P3D/SCENERY/WORLD folder nothing is going to change when you install other scenery. ORBX Libraries has nothing to do with the default land class textures. It's only FTX Global that overwrites these (which is why you're offered to make a backup when installing it).

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

New installation procedure for Global users (PDF)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzTKE8AjNyeCQTQ3SUYwdk1uTlk/view?usp=sharing

Aimé
My Youtube channel

I've constate it's no necessary to copy the TEXTURE folder from SCENERY/WORLD/TEXTURE (Space saving)

A TEXTURE folder Inside TEP folder with only the bmp and agn files from TEP it's enough. (Plus the SCENERY folder from SCENERY/BASE/)

The missing files will be found automatically in the folder SCENERY/WORLD/TEXTURE

Hi Aimé,

Now, that makes much more sense! Scenery library priorities win the day - we simply switch the TEP textures in and out as required. That's a relief. I was starting to become concerned as another 9+ GB of free data space suddenly disappeared from my SSD :(

Thanks!

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

Aimé,

I just noticed something else that I thought that I'd bring to your attention. After I ran FTX Central 3 today, it silently re-downloaded FTX Global Base Pack 1.40 (already installed previously). Did this impact the TEP textures in any way? I haven't looked yet by running P3d. After reading the ORBX forums, it appears that FTX Central 3 works like Steam does. If there are any ORBX files that have been replaced by another app, FTX Central 3 re-downloads the FTX versions of those files and installs them again. Could you post a screenshot of one of the TEP BMP files so I can compare it to the one that is now installed? If the TEP textures were overwritten, I'll just reinstall TEP again and avoid using FTX Central 3 until I can confirm what's going on (if anything).

Jay

Apparently, not everyone has this problem. Did you make the big fall update before re-launching the FTX central?

Aimé
My Youtube channel

I have kept all my ORBX addons current since the day that FTX Central 3 was released.

Would it be simpler all round to offer TEP as an Orbx product? Then it could be released without all of the hassle of special provisioning.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Would it be simpler all round to offer TEP as an Orbx product? Then it could be released without all of the hassle of special provisioning.

Then he would have  to maintain two versions for the people who do not use Orbx and for the Orbx users. There goes freeware.

As it is is just fine - perhaps, down the road, an installer would be more helpful but linking it with Orbx would be, IMHO, a terrible idea.

Vic

• Upvote 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Aimé,

I started a thread over at the ORBX official support forums about the download issue, but so far no responses. Maybe what happened to me was just a coincidence.

Jay