Sign in to follow this  
Leclercq A.

Terra Emergence Project for FSX/P3D

Hi Aimé,

Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, is there any reason why the TEP default state in the Scenery library should ever be changed from that of being enabled?

TEP is positioned above Default Scenery so your textures will always have priority over those ORBX Global Base replacement textures sharing the same filenames, assuming FTX:Global Base has been installed. Any ORBX Regions will have priority over the Default Scenery and TEP, so their textures will always be displayed while flying in an ORBX enhanced Region.

If TEP is maintained in the enabled state then flying from an ORBX Region into a Global area should display the appropriately prioritised layer of textures automatically without user intervention. Correct?

Also, I am assuming your new installation guide regarding the TEP texture folder content will ensure FTXCentral 3 can not overwrite your files during any ORBX Global updates/reinstalls.

A neat all-round solution for what might have been a tricky issue....again, of course, assuming I am correct about all this.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Aimé,

Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, is there any reason why the TEP default state in the Scenery library should ever be changed from that of being enabled?

TEP is positioned above Default Scenery so your textures will always have priority over those ORBX Global Base replacement textures sharing the same filenames, assuming FTX:Global Base has been installed. Any ORBX Regions will have priority over the Default Scenery and TEP, so their textures will always be displayed while flying in an ORBX enhanced Region.

If TEP is maintained in the enabled state then flying from an ORBX Region into a Global area should display the appropriately prioritised layer of textures automatically without user intervention. Correct?

Also, I am assuming your new installation guide regarding the TEP texture folder content will ensure FTXCentral 3 can not overwrite your files during any ORBX Global updates/reinstalls.

A neat all-round solution for what might have been a tricky issue....again, of course, assuming I am correct about all this.

Regards,

Mike

Admiring your analytic style and methodology Doc. :Nail Biting:

Aime,

I have always loved your work, but with this new project I think you have definitely created a masterpiece.

I have a quick question. I noticed many folks on here are asking many questions about TEP's compatibility with FTX/ORBX.

I don't have that installed, so for someone who doesn't have ORBX, is it a straight and simple installation?

Thanks for your efforts.

Hi Aimé,

Regards,

Mike

Yes, I suppose. But I don't know what happen with third party Land Class other then Orbx region. 

Aime,

I have always loved your work, but with this new project I think you have definitely created a masterpiece.

I have a quick question. I noticed many folks on here are asking many questions about TEP's compatibility with FTX/ORBX.

I don't have that installed, so for someone who doesn't have ORBX, is it a straight and simple installation?

Thanks for your efforts.

Yes, simple. Overwrite default scenery/World/Texture and Scenery/Global/Texture for the trees.

Read carefull the readme file in the zip for backup.

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Hi 'rock and roll',

If I may be so bold, I would answer by saying yes. However, I would recommend you follow Aimé's amended installation instructions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzTKE8AjNyeCQTQ3SUYwdk1uTlk/view

This will ensure the TEP textures are always preserved and displayed no matter what changes are made to the base sim textures by any 3rd Party product. You like his work so I'm guessing you will configure TEP as active all the time in the Scenery library.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Aimé,

My apologies for butting in with my reply to 'rick and roll' - you beat me to it! However, I still feel your amended installation instructions will keep our options open while at the same time ensuring your textures are preserved. Like you, I'm not sure about those autogen files. Wouldn't they also have priority over other 3rd Party offerings if TEP is always active in the Scenery Library? Would this be desirable?

Can you explain why you feel ithose additional autogen files to be necessary? If we are using ORBX autogen placements affecting Global scenery, and TEP is always active in the Scenery library, then would it be sensible to disable the autogen files in the TEP folder?

Regards,

Mike

Hi Aimé,

My apologies for butting in with my reply to 'rick and roll' - you beat me to it! However, I still feel your amended installation instructions will keep our options open while at the same time ensuring your textures are preserved. Like you, I'm not sure about those autogen files. Wouldn't they also have priority over other 3rd Party offerings if TEP is always active in the Scenery Library? Would this be desirable?

Can you explain why you feel ithose additional autogen files to be necessary? If we are using ORBX autogen placements affecting Global scenery, and TEP is always active in the Scenery library, then would it be sensible to disable the autogen files in the TEP folder?

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

They are necessary. You may find trees in clearings and hardwoods where it would require conifers. I took great care to place this autogen and I would not have done it if it was not necessary. There is no deference between replacing the original or orbx textures. They are different and therefore need their autogen.

Napoleon said "a drawing is better than a long speech"

278597YAFSS337.jpg

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

I still say that the best installation is in the directory SCENERY/WORLD/TEXTURE

Why ?

Because if you use a landclass from a third party, it will ALWAYS be the textures of SCENERY/WORLD/TEXTURE that will be displayed, no TEP!

I checked with Cloud9 Landclass. Tested also whith TrueLandScape of FranceVFR.

The FTX central 3 only overwrites textures when there is an update to download.

It is not systematic. Orbx users who have their product up to date have not had this problem.

If you are a user without Global Orbx, the question does not arise. Install as described in the readme file.

Aimé
My Youtube channel

I still say that the best installation is in the directory SCENERY/WORLD/TEXTURE

Why ?

Because if you use a landclass from a third party, it will ALWAYS be the textures of SCENERY/WORLD/TEXTURE that will be displayed, no TEP!

I checked with Cloud9 Landclass. Tested also whith TrueLandScape of FranceVFR.

The FTX central 3 only overwrites textures when there is an update to download.

It is not systematic. Orbx users who have their product up to date have not had this problem.

If you are a user without Global Orbx, the question does not arise. Install as described in the readme file.

Hi Aimé,

Okay, to clarify, can you now confirm that you are recommending it would be best for us all to install TEP content (allowing overwrites) directly into the SCENERY/World/Texture folder and, by so doing, will guarantee your hard work would be displayed as intended? This seems to be the best solution as the creation of what is effectively a copy of this folder under a TEP folder wastes nearly 10GB of space on the same drive holding the P3D installation. A zipped copy can be kept elsewhere on another drive should you wish to have the option of rolling back in the future.

Now, if in the future a 3rd Party Product should overwrite files in the SCENERY/World/Texture folder then it would be a simple matter to recover complete TEP content by quickly reinstating copies of all your files.

Sorry to keep banging on about this but, quite clearly, you have invested extraordinary effort in the creation of TEP, so it is only right we do what we can to ensure that content will appear correctly in our Global Scenery. Can we safely assume that TEP content has no influence over ORBX Regional stuff?

Does anyone know what is updated by the ORBX Libraries updates which pop up from time to time? Will these touch the SCENERY/World/Texture folder? Is the ORBX LC Unification likely to interfere in what we are trying to achieve here?

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

Yes, I confirm.

(The manager of FranceVFR confirm also for compatibilities with his product TrueLandscape)

Initially I did not make TEP to cohabit with Global Orbx. It was just a free alternative solution because I like to make textures.
At the request of some, I added files to make the package compatible with Orbx.

Concerning the possible interraction with the regions of Orbx, there must not be any, since these scenery use separate folders. If the default textures of the simulator do not interfere with these products, there is no reason why TEP also interferes.

For the last question, only Orbx can answer.

Thank you for the harm you give yourself so that TEP takes the place it deserves.

Regards
Aimé

Aimé
My Youtube channel

ok,now I have a question -  I do not have FTX Global on my system but I followed the procedure to create and install the TEP folder. It would seem to me that, doing it that way, means I don't have to worry about backups or anything overwriting the textures in the world/scenery folder.  Is that correct?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Looks very impressive!

Yet another question. Sorry! I've downloaded all the files (all 6 parts and the zip folder). I've created a folder and placed the downloaded files into it. I cannot seem to extract the files.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)