Sign in to follow this  
Leclercq A.

Terra Emergence Project for FSX/P3D

When I unzip the directories, I got an error message that the zip file are corrupted. I tried to download the multi part files twice with the same results.

I dont use a registered version of winzip, just the unpacking utility from window...

Other have the same problem?

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

You probably need to use another browser, if that doesn't work for you, you should try a download manager (they do work, cause they check for correctness as they download. I might suggest the Free Download Manager, it is a Chrome extension that I use in Opera browser. I have used it the last couple of years.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

ok,now I have a question -  I do not have FTX Global on my system but I followed the procedure to create and install the TEP folder. It would seem to me that, doing it that way, means I don't have to worry about backups or anything overwriting the textures in the world/scenery folder.  Is that correct?

Vic

Yes, but as I write up, if you use a tirth party landclass or products with landclass inside (like Ultimate terrain) if you install TEP in a folder other then Scenery/World/texture you'll don't see TEP textures. Because all landclass take the texture in scenery/world/texture. 

Je rencontre des problèmes avec des textures dans certaines parties du monde avec Terra Emergence installé dans FSX (pas d' ajouter des paysages ou des textures). Des idées. http://pasteboard.co/gQqvUgoel.bmp

tony

It's impossible if you have apply the installation procedure in the readme file.

If you install TEP in scenery/World/Texture you MUST have all previous original fsx files already in texture folder and overwrite them with TEP. TEP have not all files of FSX.

Please read carefull the readme file. I do not guarantee the operation of TEP if you do not follow this procedure.

Quand je décompresse les répertoires, je reçu un message d'erreur indiquant que le fichier zip sont corrompus. J'ai essayé de télécharger les fichiers de pièces multiples deux fois avec les mêmes résultats.

Je n'utiliser une version enregistrée de Winzip, juste l'utilitaire de déballage de la fenêtre ...

D'autres ont le même problème?

The compression of the zip was done with Bandizip. This should not pose any compatibility problems.

Problems with synchronization (settings in the BIOS) of the RAM can be the cause of errors when decompressing large files.

I've already had this kind of problem personally with badly tuned RAM.

Looks very impressive!

Yet another question. Sorry! I've downloaded all the files (all 6 parts and the zip folder). I've created a folder and placed the downloaded files into it. I cannot seem to extract the files.

There are 7 files. The one of 87 Mb is the primer for unzip. I've use Bandizip. Doubleclic on the master (Zip file) to unpack all parts.

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

I've double clicked on the 87Mb zip, which then opens up its folder for me to see the FSX folder etc, but how does that link to the 6x 300Mb files. There's no executable to click on to extract them all together?

Sorry for the hassle.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi Mark,

I didn't have to download the multipart zip so I'm not aware how Aimé assembled these archives. Before he offered the multipart download option the one large archive contained all the TEP files which I extracted and then copied across to the destination folder as described in a previous post.

There was no installer as such. So I'm wondering if you need to do something similar: create a temporary folder and extract the content from each zip archive in the multipart download into that temporary folder. Then select and copy everything in that folder into the Scenery/World/Texture folder as per Aimé's recommendation. There should be 4000+ files. The Prepar3D/Scenery/World/Texture folder has (as I recall) 11,000 + files so only a proportion will be overwritten by the TEP files.

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

I've double clicked on the 87Mb zip, which then opens up its folder for me to see the FSX folder etc, but how does that link to the 6x 300Mb files. There's no executable to click on to extract them all together?

Sorry for the hassle.

Just unzip in a tmp folder as Mike said and read carefull the readme file before copy the files (don't forget backup original, etc.)

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

If you double left click, naturally your Zip program is going to open it up, you want to extract it though, to do so you right-click and select the option that will extract it into a sub-folder in the folder you saved it in. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

You probably need to use another browser, if that doesn't work for you, you should try a download manager (they do work, cause they check for correctness as they download. I might suggest the Free Download Manager, it is a Chrome extension that I use in Opera browser. I have used it the last couple of years.

Ok, I will try that...

The compression of the zip was done with Bandizip. This should not pose any compatibility problems.

Problems with synchronization (settings in the BIOS) of the RAM can be the cause of errors when decompressing large files.

I've already had this kind of problem personally with badly tuned RAM.

ok I will try first a download manager then Bandizip... thanks

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

I installed the TEP textures by following the directions in the install info file, as suggested by Aime. I had no problems. However, the fact that I didn't have FTX files installed probably simplified it.

This is definitely an awesome program/creation and worth downloading.

I have attached a few shots of the terrain. Bear in mind, I used TEP in FSX-SE (not P3D) and I used Reshader + SweetFX as well.

Over Austria:

2508oz7.jpg1zwp8ag.jpg

213rmfo.jpg

Over Nepal:

654c5t.jpg

wv1pxf.jpg

These lasts shots were with TEP but no Reshader/SweetFX:

Over Nigeria:

zitvya.jpg

Over Brazil:

nla4pt.jpg

Hi,

I've created a simple batch file which helps greatly with the business of reinstalling/reinstating Aimé's TEP textures. I am using it myself so I know it works perfectly. However, you do have to take care while setting it up. Please read the following instructions closely and be sure to check everything before executing the batch file.

This assumes you have, like me, chosen to install directly into Scenery/World/texture rather than create an additional folder TEP under Scenery to 'protect' those textures installed by ORBX FTX Global. Believe me, the TEP textures are much better! However, if you have FTX Global installed then leave it alone and the batch file will overwrite 4291 files thereby increasing the total count in the Scenery/World/texture folder from 16,111 to 16,151 files. These include 2 additional autogen files and 5 others have been modified.

First, copy the entire contents of the extracted TEP_FSX_P3D folder into a new folder called TEP which we will refer to as the 'Source'. Place the TEP folder in the root of a drive of your choosing. The 'Destination' folder is Prepar3D v3/Scenery/World/texture

1. Open Notepad, then copy and paste the following 2 lines:

cd\

xcopy E:\TEP\*.* D:\"Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Scenery\World\texture" /V /Y

Please note that E and D refer to two of my drives. P3D is installed on D: and the Source TEP folder with Aimé's textures is on E:

Your drive letters may differ so be sure to change them in the 2nd line above. Also, make certain you describe the path to the Destination texture folder exactly as it is on your setup.

The quotes are needed because there is a space in the path to the Destination folder.

There are 2 switches at the end of the second line: /V (verifies the size of each file) and /Y (suppresses prompting to confirm you want to overwrite an existing destination file)

2. Now save the file to your desktop as TEP (File Copy to P3D).bat or a name of your choosing.

The .bat file extension is necessary to change the file from a text to a batch file which, when double-clicked, will execute the xcopy command. A window will open and you will see the file copy operation displayed as it proceeds to completion. It is quick and will run for only a few seconds.

That's it. A convenient way to restore ALL the TEP textures any time you believe some may have been overwritten by another installer.

Mike

I'd also suggest making a backup of the respective ORIGINAL P3D files before running the bat file the first time.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'd also suggest making a backup of the respective ORIGINAL P3D files before running the bat file the first time.

Hi Vic,

As always, normally very good advice. I did think about mentioning it, but decided against it for 3 reasons:

1. Very few folk will have the original textures in the Scenery/World/texture folder. Already various 3rd Party installers will have added or modded files along the way. Many, of course, will allow you to reinstate original files, assuming you remembered to create a backup. Otherwise the only way to start out with the original state is to uninstall/reinstall the Scenery component of the P3D installation.

2. Once you install these TEP textures you really won't want to go back! They are that good!

3. Those of us with FTX ORBX Global BASE textures installed can reinstall these at any time. Again, I predict it is unlikely you would wish to do so for the reasons expressed in 2.

However, there is no harm creating a backup of the Scenery/World/texture folder. Once you are happy, it can be deleted later and you will retrieve the best part of 10GB of space on your drive.

Regards,

Mike

TEP continues his live to v1.1

Video made with mesh lod13 and Cloud9 Landclass.

Regards

Aimé

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Thanks for the shots from a lot closer, all the more better for seeing your artwork. It's really very nice. I haven't given your work a go yet, but after seeing this vid, I'm about ready to download. Good show!

• Upvote 1

Hi Aimé,

Is it too soon to ask what changes you are making in v.1.1? After 3 years careful work it's hard to imagine how you can improve further on perfection 😉

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1