Sign in to follow this  
Leclercq A.

Terra Emergence Project for FSX/P3D

9 hours ago, mstange said:

Hello to Aimé and to all,

is there any way to install TEP via the new add-on XML strategy of LM?
I do not want to overwrite my original files and instead use the Options->Add-Ons Menu of P3D v4. This is also recommended by LM for all Add-Ons.

I created a TEP folder within the "..Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder and added manually a file named add-on.xml with the following content into that directory:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="3,3" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>TEP</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Terra Emergence Project v1.2</AddOn.Description>    
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Texture</Category>
        <Path>D:\Daten\Admin\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\TEP\TEP_FSX_P3D</Path>
        <Name>TEP</Name>
        <Type>WORLD</Type>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

How can I check wether P3D uses the TEP-textures instead of its own? Is there any place where this is obvious?

Regards
Markus

This are my settings and works really well. To check if it is working, turn on the autogen trees. If you see a forest with a lot of trees you will know it is working, as he increased the spots where autogen trees can spawn and it looks amazing. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Terra Emergence Project</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Terra Emergence Project 1.1</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>D:\Program files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D_x64_ADDONS\Legacy Addons\Terra Emergence Project\Scenery\World\Texture</Path>
    <Type>WORLD</Type>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>D:\Program files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D_x64_ADDONS\Legacy Addons\Terra Emergence Project\Scenery\Global\Texture</Path>
    <Type>GLOBAL</Type>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, mstange said:

Hello to Aimé and to all,

is there any way to install TEP via the new add-on XML strategy of LM?
I do not want to overwrite my original files and instead use the Options->Add-Ons Menu of P3D v4. This is also recommended by LM for all Add-Ons.

I created a TEP folder within the "..Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder and added manually a file named add-on.xml with the following content into that directory:

</SimBase.Document>

How can I check wether P3D uses the TEP-textures instead of its own? Is there any place where this is obvious?

Regards
Markus

Hi Markus. In fact I don't know this installation procedure and hav'n yet p3dv4.
Maybe someone can answer for me.

Regards
Aimé

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Hi drcancerman and Aimé,

thanks for your replies. For v1.2 of TEP I modified my add-on.xml like below-mentioned and it seems to work perfect!
This saves me a lot of disc space and protects my original files from being overwritten.

This method is not new in v4, but rather implemented in v3.x: 
http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/add-ons/add-ons_overview.html

@drcancerman: In version 1.2 of TEP there is no separation of GLOBAL and WORLD in the Scenery folder any more, so I used this syntax to "put" the 
TEP-Trees into the GLOBAL folder of P3D.

<AddOn.Name>TEP</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Terra Emergence Project v1.2</AddOn.Description>    
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>D:\Daten\Admin\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\TEP\TEP_FSX_P3D</Path>
        <Name>TEP</Name>
        <Type>WORLD</Type>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>D:\Daten\Admin\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\TEP\Trees\Trees\Clear version</Path>
        <Name>TEP Trees Clear</Name>
        <Type>GLOBAL</Type>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Regards
Markus

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mstange said:

Hi drcancerman and Aimé,

thanks for your replies. For v1.2 of TEP I modified my add-on.xml like below-mentioned and it seems to work perfect!
This saves me a lot of disc space and protects my original files from being overwritten.

This method is not new in v4, but rather implemented in v3.x: 
http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/add-ons/add-ons_overview.html

@drcancerman: In version 1.2 of TEP there is no separation of GLOBAL and WORLD in the Scenery folder any more, so I used this syntax to "put" the 
TEP-Trees into the GLOBAL folder of P3D.

Regards
Markus

Very interesting, thanks to report that !

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Hi,

I've seen a number of references to v1.2 of TEP.  I've been able to locate the v1.1 upgrade (338MB) from one of Aimé's earlier posts.

Where do I download v1.2?

Is there an upgrade being offered this time? If so, then is it cumulative?

Regards,

Mike

ok, now you've got me confused to. There was v1.1 and there was an UPGRADE zip to V1.2. All that was in the upgrade was some replacement textures. It did nothing to the trees. If V1 was installed in WORLD and V1 Trees were in GLOBAL and you applied the 1.2 upgrade - trees will STILL be in GLOBAL and the replaced textures for 1.2 would be in WORLD.

Unless I misunderstand.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I don't use Life Invader Facebook.

It would be helpful if the OP updated the link in his original post to always point to the latest version.

For memories link to full TEP v1.1 (2Gb) :

TEP v1.1 (2Gb)

Upgrade to v1.2 (370 Mb) - Copy these new files in your TEP v1.1 installation and overwrite the previous files :

Upgrade TEP v1.1 to v1.2 (All snow textures reworked for better colors and white difference between some textures corrections)

513088YAFSS611.jpg

Regards.

• Upvote 2

Aimé
My Youtube channel

15 hours ago, vgbaron said:

ok, now you've got me confused to. There was v1.1 and there was an UPGRADE zip to V1.2. All that was in the upgrade was some replacement textures. It did nothing to the trees. If V1 was installed in WORLD and V1 Trees were in GLOBAL and you applied the 1.2 upgrade - trees will STILL be in GLOBAL and the replaced textures for 1.2 would be in WORLD.

Unless I misunderstand.

Vic

Yes Vgbaron, true.

But if you have again v1 (obsolet) you must install v1.1 before upgrade to v1.2

Aimé
My Youtube channel

2 hours ago, Leclercq A. said:

For memories link to full TEP v1.1 (2Gb) :

TEP v1.1 (2Gb)

Upgrade to v1.2 (370 Mb) - Copy these new files in your TEP v1.1 installation and overwrite the previous files :

Upgrade TEP v1.1 to v1.2 (All snow textures reworked for better colors and white difference between some textures corrections)

513088YAFSS611.jpg

Regards.

Thank you, Aimé.

Best regards,

Mike

Hi there ;D

I have install in my p3d V4 install the orbx add-ons, is the TEP compatible to this ?

5 hours ago, Gerriet said:

Hi there ;D

I have install in my p3d V4 install the orbx add-ons, is the TEP compatible to this ?

Hi,

You can install TEP over global Orbx. 
You don't loose city and villages and 3D light of Orbx.

Aimé
My Youtube channel

I this a Mesh replacement? For those who have FTX Global, Vector, openLC, and FTX Regions. How will this TEP product blend in with those? Is this a replacement addon that will add an additional layer of visual improvements to the sim? I want to be sure so that I don't mess up my current P3D install.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

No, it is a texture replacement. So you will install it above orbx textures

Carsten U