Sign in to follow this  
FlyIce

XP11 beta3 micro-stuttering

One thing I like XP11 was its smooth fps. But since I upgraded to beta 3 I got this micro-stuttering which is the thing I hated most while flying P3D. Now I got this in XP11!

I upgraded the video card from 980 to Titan X at the same time. I uninstalled and reinstalled Nvidia driver and no difference.

Ironically P3D now runs way smoother with new card so I doubt it's due to card upgrade.

Anyone else has this stuttering thing with beta 3? This is really a show stopper to me.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

No stutter here - still beta so have to wait till it gets sorted out see if you can go back to PB2

Rich Sennett

Thread optimization off ...  

this should be pinned  ....

Doesnt matter here on or off same performance - XP works great - they just have to get the fps up

Rich Sennett

I double triple checked that thread optimization is off. Really puzzled why. Now my P3D is smoother than XP11, this can't be right...

Are there other settings in video card driver I better pay attention to?

I am also seeing a few micro-stuttering in XP11 b3. And they were not there with b1 and b2. Not much though, but still enough to notice.

i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB (X-Plane 11, X-Plane 10)

i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX560M 3GB (X-Plane 9, FSX, FS2004)

In your nVidia control panel, there may be a second tab which can be assigned to something other than the standard settings.  If you have it assigned to X-Plane and have not changed the settings there, what you did on the front page will have no effect.  Not at my nVidia equipped machine right now, but that should be worth checking.

John

John Wingold

I am also seeing a few micro-stuttering in XP11 b3. And they were not there with b1 and b2. Not much though, but still enough to notice.

Same here on my GTX 1070. I also had better performance in B2. I have threaded optimization off.

Yes I turned of TO in XP11 profile too, so it's definitely not thread optimization issue.

Maybe my b3 installation is broken?

Yes I turned of TO in XP11 profile too, so it's definitely not thread optimization issue.

Maybe my b3 installation is broken?

You may want to go back to PB2 not seeing much of a reason to use PB3 - also you could move out plugins and see if there is an issue with one of them 

Rich Sennett

My old GTX-980M is handling XP11 rather well, much better than P3D ever did.  I did however ensure Threaded Optimization was off and I also don't run my settings at their highest either.  I'll get occasional stutters, but typically at low altitudes within large cities, like Los Angeles but once outside of that area, smooth.  I'm not running any external weather, nor any plugins outside of the DataRefEditor.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I did however ensure Threaded Optimization was off
Hmm, what is that? as I did not see it being an option on the menu (have to look for it). I am running the demo which was just installed yesterday and I also noticed this stutter problem.  Compared to XP10.51, although XP11 looks much better, if this stuttering and performance issue persists then it will be really bad.  I am counting on this being a beta issue.  First I thought it's due to my rather old i7-2700K oc 4.8 Ghz + GTX980 combo, but it can't make sense that XP 10.51 runs pretty good and not XP11.  Is this a known issue to LM yet?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hmm, what is that? as I did not see it being an option on the menu (have to look for it). I am running the demo which was just installed yesterday and I also noticed this stutter problem.  Compared to XP10.51, although XP11 looks much better, if this stuttering and performance issue persists then it will be really bad.  I am counting on this being a beta issue.  First I thought it's due to my rather old i7-2700K oc 4.8 Ghz + GTX980 combo, but it can't make sense that XP 10.51 runs pretty good and not XP11.  Is this a known issue to LM yet?

Threaded Optimization is an option in the nVidia control panel: it is not an XP option. Open the nVidia control panel, go to 3D settings and then to the X-Plane profile and turn threaded optimization OFF. (If 10.51 runs well on your system it might be off already... although it is on by default). But as posted above: XP11 performance needs to be optimized yet.

But as posted above: XP11 performance needs to be optimized yet.
Thanks.  Jeroen, did you buy a license for Xp11 already or just testing the water with the Demo.  Coming from XP 10.51 the env. of Xp11 is very impressive.  Support for second monitor is definitely a step up.  I was thinking of getting license and gradually install scenery but this stutter stopped me right now.  The stutter is what drove me nuts in P3D.  I had assumed that it's due to ORBX, so I just cleaned everything out and see if having no ORBX stuffs solves it.  If XP11 delivers all of the P3D stuffs will be thrown out.

Threaded Optimization is an option in the nVidia control panel: it is not an XP option.
I don't think I touched this with XP 10.51 either but will give it a try.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020