Sign in to follow this  
FlyIce

XP11 beta3 micro-stuttering

You must turn off Thread Optimization, that's thing cuts my fps by half. 

But still beta3 can have some sever stuttering. At LOWI I got 30fps but the stuttering is so bad it feels like 5fps, totally ridiculous. 

The thing is beta2 runs fantastically on my PC, while beta3 cut my performance by at least 30% or more. I really shouldn't upgrade to beta 3. I want to go back to beta 2 but don't know how. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

You must turn off Thread Optimization, that's thing cuts my fps by half. 

But still beta3 can have some sever stuttering. At LOWI I got 30fps but the stuttering is so bad it feels like 5fps, totally ridiculous. 

The thing is beta2 runs fantastically on my PC, while beta3 cut my performance by at least 30% or more. I really shouldn't upgrade to beta 3. I want to go back to beta 2 but don't know how. 

I wouldn't be hasty in going back to a previous beta right now.  Since XP11 is still in a beta stage, there is still room for improvement as well as the aforementioned optimization of textures.  On my end, I couldn't be happier with the performance of XP.  I've been running several flights in the latest beta, with a very nicely customized lua script for the clouds.  There also appears to be a vast improvement of the flight model of the default Cessna, which makes my flights all the more enjoyable.  I have both XP10 and 11 installed on my rig, but now I am running 11 all the time.  I've grabbed several new airports from the freeware/donationware section of the XP org, and everything is running fine.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

The best thing to do in X-Plane after every update is to dump your preferences and start fresh, then see if things change. This is normal for the duration of X-Plane builds.

Note: You are starting fresh as if you just installed the program, not like editing a fsx/p3d config file.

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

I tried clean installation several times with beta 3, including dumping those preference files etc. No helps. I guess somehow beta 3 just doesn't run well on my system for whatever reason. 

XP11 beta 2 was really nice, well over 20fps even flying those extremely heavy Ortho4XP sceneries. I began to miss beta 2 more and more. Hopefully beta 4 is coming soon and thing will be back to normal performance wise. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I have noticed more stuttering in b3 as well after it initially being very fluid. not sure if xenivro has caused any stuttering or not...

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

I have noticed more stuttering in b3 as well after it initially being very fluid. not sure if xenivro has caused any stuttering or not...

I don't think it's caused by XEnviro, unless adding that plugin is pushing your system over a threshold it can't handle. I've been testing XEnviro and haven't seen any stuttering. It does drop my frame rate a little compared to default XP11, but I'm still over 40 fps and often higher. 

If the stutter goes away when reducing world/graphics detail, then your settings are just too high for the current beta on your system specs. I don't think XP11 is completely optimized yet, so we should see some improvement before final release.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

im not complaining, its not a horrible stutter , happens mainly taxiing at airports in turns, but i have to point out it wasnt there in b1 and b2. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Yep,

Have to agree, does seem to pause /stutter even maintaining 30fps...not sure why.. clouds of course kill it and lets face they are pretty rubbish!.I know LR are still working on the rendering engine etc and this is Beta, but got ask if v10 was working fine for most users and XP11 is an improvement and drastic amounts of code have not been changed or even improved...."I dont know this I am guessing here".....then why does XP11 not run so well?

If the platform is progressing forwards as we all want it too then one would rightly or wrongly assume it would be better out of the box performance wise...I am only summarise here on this point and no doubt a member of the LR team could answer this...

Still looking forward to see the next Beta iteration then maybe I will pull that trigger...

Cheers

clouds of course kill it and lets face they are pretty rubbish!

Have you worked with FlyWithLua?  That works as a great, free alternative to paid weather generation.  Creating a lua script is pretty easy and once you load a flight, the script loads right along with it, seamlessly and effectively.  I've been able to transform the dull, dark cloud textures into payware quality with just a few lines of code. :)

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Have to agree, does seem to pause /stutter even maintaining 30fps...not sure why.. clouds of course kill it and lets face they are pretty rubbish!.I know LR are still working on the rendering engine etc and this is Beta, but got ask if v10 was working fine for most users and XP11 is an improvement and drastic amounts of code have not been changed or even improved...."I dont know this I am guessing here".....then why does XP11 not run so well?

Because there's more stuff in it than there was in v10?  :smile:

Also that it's a beta and not optimized yet? We seem to forget that often, in these threads. But it's also a result of new features.

Just one example: Extended dsf loading (more detail in the distance) used to be an option in v10. Now it's standard and always enabled in v11. That requires more resources on the user's computer, and Laminar is assuming that people are steadily upgrading their computers with enough RAM to run that feature. That's just one example. There are probably a few dozen more things going on under the hood that are different in the new version, like the new physics based rendering, and the new lighting and haze programming.

If the platform is progressing forwards as we all want it too then one would rightly or wrongly assume it would be better out of the box performance wise...I am only summarise here on this point and no doubt a member of the LR team could answer this...

I think it's a mistake to assume that when a new major version of a flight sim is released, the first priority of the devs is to make it run better on existing hardware. That's not usually how it goes. New versions mean more hardware demands. Remember FSX when it first came out?

The last version of X-Plane added features like HDR that couldn't be run well on most user's hardware until we caught up. Some people still can't run HDR on fairly top-end machines, although I think that's mainly due to the popularity of higher resolution monitors. I've been able to run HDR for the last year because I'm on a 1920x1200 monitor and not pushing that many pixels.

So this is something to get used to. New version = cool new features, but you may need to back down the eye candy to run at the same frame rates you had in the last version. Or buy a new computer or graphics card. Or don't use an ultra-high res monitor.

:wink:

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor