Sign in to follow this  
JRMurray

What to do ... what to do? A2A L049, TFDi 717, or MV T-50 Bobcat

Wow! All three released in such a short period of time! What to do ... what to do? Which to buy?

I know! I'll buy all three. After all, it's Christmas!  :yahoo:

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I'm planning a xmas pressie to myself too.  But as I'm not personally interested in vintage or military aircraft, it's the TFDi 717 all the way!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

The bargain for me is that I buy none of them, but enjoy the aircraft I have.

0€ spent (that's $0 at the current exchange rate) is a real bargain :)

- Maybe I'll buy the L049 at some point in the future, but for now I haven't got enough mileage out of the B377 yet to justify this.

- The 717 looks like it will be great for many people, but glass cockpit and not a prop puts it outside of my field of interest.

- The T-50 ... well ... I understand that some people might like the cockpit layout, but I don't.

But I hope that all three will sell well, because variety is a good thing!

I want the TFDi717 but am put off by all the bugs being reported by previous purchasers. If not for that I would have grabbed it by now. The Connie looks cool but doubt I would use it much.

Vic green

And this is posted in the "bargain hunter" forum because..?

It was in the Hangar Chat Forum and I moved it to the Bargain Hunter's Forum.  I will allow new releases to be posted in the FSX or P3D or X-Plane forum (but not all three).  If the topic is not about a new release of an aircraft, it is considered advertisement and is moved to the Bargain Hunter's Forum.  This topic appears to have aircraft that have been previously released and maybe one that was just released?  I have not been following the development.  There can also be a link to the product (but not to the product's store).  You know, pictures of the aircraft, description, much like what Flight One has when they describe a product.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It was in the Hangar Chat Forum and I moved it to the Bargain Hunter's Forum.  I will allow new releases to be posted in the FSX or P3D or X-Plane forum (but not all three).  If the topic is not about a new release of an aircraft, it is considered advertisement and is moved to the Bargain Hunter's Forum.  This topic appears to have aircraft that have been previously released and maybe one that was just released?  I have not been following the development.  There can also be a link to the product (but not to the product's store).  You know, pictures of the aircraft, description, much like what Flight One has when they describe a product.

Sorry if I'm slow, but does that mean that this forum is not for posting/alerting members of deals anymore (like it says in the huge banner), and is also advertising now?

Sorry if I'm slow

That's okay.  It's in the Terms of Service -

rarrow.gif Commercial Users and Advertising: Commercial users are NOT allowed to advertise within the AVSIM forums or elsewhere within AVSIM without the prior approval of AVSIM Staff. Commercial users are allowed to post information regarding upcoming sales, bargains, etc., but ONLY in the BARGAIN HUNTER'S SHACK Forum or their own forum hosted by AVSIM.

Our moderators have been advised to move any suspected advertising to the Bargain Hunter's Shack.  In any case we had three other posts about the release of the Connie and they are in the FSX Forum (well, I just merged two).  New releases can be posted.  Old releases cannot be posted except in the Bargain Hunter's Forum.  For instance, a topic "PMDG releases the 737NGX" would be moved to the Bargain Hunter's forum as the product has been out for a while.

I apologize for the confusion. 

Edited by Jim Young

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I know! I'll buy all three. After all, it's Christmas!

Yes, buy all three, but at least make sure they're free of bugs!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Why the "on sale now" tag ? They are not on sale but brand new releases at full price. Confusing...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Bobcat!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Why the "on sale now" tag ? They are not on sale but brand new releases at full price. Confusing...

On sale means a lot.  I'm from Nebraska and when it says it is on sale, it's on sale.  If it has a 50% tag on it, I'm happy, if not, I'll just buy it as it is on sale.  I'll change the tag though as it is not appropriate for saying it's a Bargain.  Maybe I'll just remove the tag completely.

Submit News to AVSIM

In Germany we have "im Angebot" = "on sale" ... you can buy it (e.g. because it is in stock).

And there is "im Sonderangebot" = "a special sale" ... you can buy it for a reduced price, or get more for the same price.

But as with "on sale" the meaning of "im Angebot" shifts towards meaning "for a reduced price, or more for the same price", because today it is less common that things are not available, e.g. seasonal fruits are now grown in greenhouses or imported.

So much potential for confusion :smile: