Sign in to follow this  
nealmac

Problem with some freeware airports

I know this probably isn't a P3D problem, but I thought some of you clever people might be able to help me out. We all know that there are quite a lot of really good freeware airports to be found online. Some are absolutely mind blowing, while others are better off never seeing the light of day. I have a lot very good high quality freeware airports installed. However, I've noticed that with a small percentage of them I'm getting grass textures showing up on the taxi ways, like in the following image:

qNLzVsi.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Hello Neal,

Is that Dusseldorf by Thomas Ruth?  Amazing freeware scenery, rivals the payware!  If so, I have the same problem there, but I haven't had the time to look into it.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello Neal,

Is that Dusseldorf by Thomas Ruth?  Amazing freeware scenery, rivals the payware!  If so, I have the same problem there, but I haven't had the time to look into it.

Yes Dave, it is indeed. It's absolutely amazing for a freeware airport.

I also posted the same thread on the P3D forums and I've since been helped out. Here's a link to the thread http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6306&t=123043&p=149473#p149473

You basically need to download a bit of software called Airport Design Editor. You need to open up the airport BGL file and make 1 very simple change. Then save the updated file back to the same location with the same name (I'd advise keeping a backup of your original BGL file until you have confirmed that it works.

Trust me, if an idiot like me can fix it, some as talented as yourself will have no problems lol.

Happy Christmas to you and you family.

Thanks a million, I got it sorted. I assume you're Amanda from the P3D forum lol.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough