Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Beti-x Bella Coola airport released

I know Austin has a boner about not doing seasonal textures.... but he should change his mind.  Just having winter textures... is... well.... required.  A lot of people fly in winter areas , myself included.  

Amazing video btw.

He is more ambitious.  He pursuit a more elegant solution than Seasonal textures. The question here is when LR will release his solution to seasons.

Tomás Fabada Castellana

He is more ambitious.  He pursuit a more elegant solution than Seasonal textures. The question here is when LR will release his solution to seasons.

It will be great when we get Austin's more elegant solution for seasonal textures... in 10 years or so when it's ready.

Right now, my wallet is open for anyone selling a good texture-based season add-on, so I can fly in the Canadian Northwest and Alaska in something other than summertime. It's not a deal-breaker for me; I fly X-Plane as my main sim for other reasons. The seasons thing is just starting to get old, at this point.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Hi,

Wow! When I saw the snow in the video I decided to get this airport.

Beautiful, well done. The snow effects are really impressive. God knows what it takes to apply the snow set-up to other locations. Otherwise, this will be my go-to snowy airport/location for light aircraft.

Note: it requires a couple of extra downloads, but the instructions are very good. Nice work!

Jim Morgan

It will be great when we get Austin's more elegant solution for seasonal textures... in 10 years or so when it's ready.

Right now, my wallet is open for anyone selling a good texture-based season add-on, so I can fly in the Canadian Northwest and Alaska in something other than summertime. It's not a deal-breaker for me; I fly X-Plane as my main sim for other reasons. The seasons thing is just starting to get old, at this point.

well like ben said in the xp11 presentation. The technology for doing seasonal textures is in the systems since xp10 launch, if anyone is really interested they should contact ben and he will support them.

I can understand their point of view that they will not spent time on something that will look old the moment they release it, but any third party can do it. And if apperantly it is pretty much the best thing since sliced bread that everybody wants to buy instantly, it should be a no brainer for any scenery developer to spend time on it.

He needs to sell you something in ten years!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Caaront,

I have it and it works on XP11. The website indicates it is for XP10 and XP11.

Nice work and they say they are working on a CYST (Stewart) snow upgrade.

• Upvote 3

Jim Morgan