Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

Nav Extension or GTN 750?

The ability to update Navigraph data is intriguing, especially for fields like KATL where the SID/STAR waypoints constantly change. Of course I can't do this with the F1 GTN 750 but it's a much smoother and realistic interface. Of the two, which would you suggest and why? Thanks, and Merry Christmas.

100% GTN plus Bert's mods makes this a really great fully functioning biz net.

Many other recent threads say the same.

Cheers

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Chuck,

I had the Navigraph extension, stay away from it it is buggy, faulty and it will give you only problems.

I have now the the GNT using Bert's mods.

Regards,

Simbol 

I'm new to the Phenom 300 but here is my experience so far.

In the long run it worked out best to have both the 1.3 expansion pack and the GTN 750. This plane turned out to be more expensive than intended but it turned out to be a fun experience and nice addition. 

With the expansion pack things that should work on the plane actually work, for the most part. The problem I was still having involved the G1000.  It just doesn't seem set up right and it's usually more effort than it should be to enter flight plans or change plans during flight. It also still completely bugs out now and then.

The GTN 750 with Bert's mod makes the Phenom so much easier to fly. For the Phenom 300 purists it's not the correct Garmin, but the GTN actually works and it fits into the flight deck nicely. I no longer have to pause the sim trying to get the G1000 to behave. It's a bit expensive but it's an overall great addon being that you can use it for your other planes. I have the GTN set up in just one livery for now, so I can still use the G1000 if I want to.

I uninstalled the 1.3 expansion pack as per instruction and then installed the F1 GTN 750 with the mod. I then reinstalled the expansion pack and now, finally, this plane is fun to fly. I found reinstalling the expansion was necessary because it fixed a couple of glitches such as the plane not capturing glide slopes. Hope this helps.

In my case the 1.3 expansion pack ruined everything, constant crashes, FPS losses, the VNAV was buggered, etc, etc, etc. I was so happy when I got it uninstalled and my FSX-SE Simulator started working normally again.

I've gone ahead and installed Bert's GTN 750 panel which is excellent. As for the suggestion that I then install the Navigraph Extension v1.3, please explain the reasoning. I see nothing that would interface or enhance either the GTN or the aircraft itself. Thanks.

Hi Chuck. It seems everyone has different little glitches when it comes to fsx addons. If everything is working correctly for you I'd certainly leave as is. For me, for whatever unexplained reason, the Phenom wasn't capturing the ILS GS. After reinstalling the Nav Ext over Berts GTN mod it was working again, weird. I'm finding the GTN 750 to be a great fsx addon.

• Upvote 1

Is there a thread out there that can help me install the Bert Mod?  I can't seem to get the gauge embedded into the panel like his pictures. I did follow his instructions.  Thanks