Sign in to follow this  
Spidierox

GSX and PMDG

If anyone has the GSX add-on with PMDG aircarft (777 - 737) do you guys actually see fuel hoses connectingg to the airplane?

If you do, what steps do you use to get it.

Can't figure out the manual so someone might help me hopefully.

Merry Xmas to you all!

Yes I certainly do. But nothing has changed as far as procedure. Once you call for the fuel truck, GSX will send large trucks for bigger aircraft and regular trucks for GA. I suppose you just need to make sure you have the latest GSX update.

Mario Di Lauro

Ofcourse I have the latest but fuel truck is a small one ...don't get it how it works.

You use any special setting ? Or what setting have you set in the menu ?

There is nothing different as far as requesting fuel. You select fuel from the GSX menu as before. Once the truck arrives, a new menu appears asking how much fuel you require, in percentage. Do you get this second Menu?

Mario Di Lauro

yes I do , but for 737 I get the small truck and I do no see those hoses connected.

Only the small truck parking at the left wing (although fuel point is at the right wing) and then

the progress in the green bar.

I am expecting to see a large fuel truck, connecting.

Might the parking spot has to do something with that ? 

EGSS - stand 20 - Medium...?

Ofcourse I have the latest but fuel truck is a small one ...don't get it how it works.

You use any special setting ? Or what setting have you set in the menu ?

You should always get the new big truck with airliners like the 737, T7. It pulls up under the wing, there a fueler in the bucket above the cab, he connects the hose, then tells you to setup the fuel in the CDU. You define that in the Fuel section in the fuel section of the FMC options. Be patient it doesn't do it right away. It loads the difference of the fuel you have on board, and what you define in the FMC. If you already have 8000lb on board and define 16000 in the fmc, it will only load 8000lbs. So if you want to do a full load, preset the fuel loaded to 0 (or whatever you want) If the plane previously had more fuel then you are setting, it does a minimal load.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You might be right. Give it a try with the 777 at a heavy gate?

Mario Di Lauro

1) GSX aircraft setting for 737-800 = not checked for FS "Fuel and cargo"

2) set fuel with FMC to 0

3) Call fuel service

4) small truck arrives, green bar prompt asking to set the fuel level

5) I select 2/3 fuel in FMC then return to main menu

6) progress is shown in green bar, but no connection of hoses nor a guy that refuels...

GSX setting : Always refuel progressively 

I did a short video demoing the refueling procedure. Note I haven't tried it with the PMDG's Auto Turnaround mode yet, so not sure how that would work

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Make sure the fuel point height is set high enough. I read somewhere that the large truck only appears if there is a certain amount of height for it to park underwing. I don't think the 737 has enough clearance. Maybe on the 777 you will get large truck. For me too, since PMDG state to only use their own fuel system I also let the CDU fuel the aircraft. Works very nice. As soon as the PMDG system starts fueling, you will see the green progress bar. You can actually see the uplift on the fuel truck go up digitally. When the CDU fuel reaches required fuel, th fuel truck disconnects and drives away.

It works in the ground ops (slow) or fuel page (instantaneous) modes.

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

I don't think the 737 has enough clearance.

I get the big truck with the NGX so that's not it. It sounds more and more like an installation problem. Maybe for some reason the new trucks didn't install. The only other thing I can think of, is he has some custom config defined for the NGX/T7, causing only the original small truck to be used.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Dont  know  why user  post issues  with  gsx  are not  posting in the fsdt  forum where  they  would  hhave  found  their  answers  and get  their  issues  resolved

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

ok, first off thank to all for helping out.

second, I checked my control panel and (installed programs) only to find out I had 2 versions installed.

Uninstalled everything (GSX + Coautl), dowloaded again and reinstalled GSX again.

Now it works fine. 

Thanks again and merry Xmas