Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

LINDA module A2A L049 Constellation (module 1.1)

Jens, that's indeed the case, but it's no problem at all! However, it could be you get a user module creation error. In that case, follow the instructions above and the module will work.

Jens, that's indeed the case, but it's no problem at all! However, it could be you get a user module creation error. In that case, follow the instructions above and the module will work.

That explains the User Module previously reported. The main code expects the linda-cfg/aircrafts/{aircraft} folder to exist before the template is copied across. Apologises to any user that has experienced this problem.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

ok, sorry, I missed that.

Added the folder now!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've found another slightly annoying issue with this module: while flying, the MCP displays the magnetic heading. When turning the HDG knob on the MCP to change the Sperry AP course, the module first sets the course to the displayed magnetic heading value. Is there some way to keep the AP course at the current value when turning the HDG knob, instead of first switching to this other value?

Not sure if this would be of any help to anyone, but added a function to the module i find helpful when starting the connie

Whilst an engine is selected this function will move the mixture lever for the selected engine from cut off too rich.. from a button on your joystick for example. (4 levers controlled from 1 button)

-- ## Selected_Engine_Mixture_Rich ## --
       function Selected_Engine_Mixture_Rich ()
      ESelVar = ipc.readLvar("L:EngineSelection")
    if ESelVar == 1 then ipc.writeLvar("MixtureRatioLever1Position", 2)
    elseif ESelVar == 2 then ipc.writeLvar("MixtureRatioLever2Position", 2)
    elseif ESelVar == 4 then ipc.writeLvar("MixtureRatioLever3Position", 2)
    elseif ESelVar == 8 then ipc.writeLvar("MixtureRatioLever4Position", 2)
    else InertSelVar = 0

end

Too add :

Open the module in the editor, copy/paste the above into the bottom of the page after the last 'end'

Luke Pype

Thank you MaDDogZ for the function. Rather than cut and pasting into the main actions.lua file it is better if such new functions are placed in the aircraft's user.lua file. This will ensure that any updates to version do not overwrite this and other changes. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks for the info, I was unaware of the user  lua. So if I make a function in future, put it in the user lua file instead of the main actions file to prevent my work being overwritten in future updates.?

Luke

Luke Pype

The aircraft user.lua file allows you to add to or modify any aircraft or LINDA functions. It loads after the 'official' module actions.lua and 'overrides' (takes the place of) any functions with the same name (case sensitive). When an updated module is installed it changes the actions.lua file but not your modified user.lua file.

You can edit the user.lua file by clicking on Edit (top left) to open the Edit Module dialog and then clicking on Edit User (bottom right). 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello,

I can't get the A2A Sperry Rudder incfast, dec and decfast commands to work. Anybody else suffering from this problem?

I also noticed that the A2A Sperry Rudder inc command is missing from this module.

LINDA 2.9.3 and VRi MCP Combo v1.

Thank you for your outstanding work, but this is driving me nuts...

Regards

Jan

Hello Jan,

sorry for the late reply... I'm not "in service" the last weeks.

Ah, yes, the Sperry part is not working. It is disabled in the code, unforunately it shows up in the list of available functions. Haven't recognized that before. Will have a look into it and report back.

Guenter Steiner

1.0 > 1.1

fixed some Sperry items

please, redownload and assign the changed functions again

Guenter Steiner

No worries Günter, we're all human after all :happy:

Thanks a lot for your work, I'll try it!

Regards,

Jan