Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

PMDG 777 and FSX question

I just crashed my FSX by trying to add some scenery.  I think I up-clicked one file into another and now I get a fatal error.

So I am re-installing FSX.  I created a FSX OLD folder and copied everything in the FSX folder to it.

Can I just copt the PMDG 777 and liveries tothe new folder or do I need to re-instll the PMDG 777?

Paul Gugliotta

It would be best to re-install all your PMDG add-ons altogether. Make sure you backup any liveries or saved flights you wish to keep first. 

PMDG add-ons generally do not work well at all if copied around- I believe this is an anti-piracy measure. If you do copy them over, you may have some drastic side effects (landing gear will disappear, the cockpit will no longer be functional etc.). 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I just crashed my FSX by trying to add some scenery.  I think I up-clicked one file into another and now I get a fatal error.

So I am re-installing FSX.  I created a FSX OLD folder and copied everything in the FSX folder to it.

Can I just copt the PMDG 777 and liveries tothe new folder or do I need to re-instll the PMDG 777?

You could have tried to "repair" FSX with the DVD repair function. However, if you have removed and reinstalled FSX, the you will have to load all the additional A/C and Sceneries.

Geoff Bryce

When you uninstall your PMDG products, do that from Control Panel in Windows then navigate to the simobjects folder in your FSX folder and manually delete the PMDG folder. This ensures that everything related to PMDG is deleted from your PC before you attempt a reinstall.

Best not to. The OC actually archives all of your liveries in a hidden folder out of the way. When you're done reinstalling all of FSX, simply open up the OC and click Download (but note how quickly it "downloads" the livery - it's just pulling it over from the archive).

Kyle Rodgers

Hi to all..... After installing PMDG 777-200LR/F for FSX on Windows 10 64-Bit will I be able to see 2D Cockpit too?

Patricio Valdes

Hi to all..... After installing PMDG 777-200LR/F for FSX on Windows 10 64-Bit will I be able to see 2D Cockpit too?

Hi trisho0,

The 777 does not have a 2D cockpit, only some 2D popups such as three CDU screens, the captain and co-pilot MCPs, etc.

Mike

PS: PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hello Mike, I thought PMDG777 has 2D cockpit to fly. I don't feel comfortable with 3D. Then PMDG 777 is not for my FSX. Thanks for your reply. On the another hand, I don't know how to sign Avsim with my full name and I don't see any member logged in with full name anyway.

Patricio Valdes

On the another hand, I don't know how to sign Avsim with my full name and I don't see any member logged in with full name anyway.

Mike's full name is in his signature block.  You can simply type your name or you can set up  AVSIM by clicking on your screen name on upper right corner of page and select settings.

There will not be any more 2D cockpits.... maybe it's time you learn to use the virtual cockpit. The advantages are significant.

Dan Downs KCRP

Tried to change signature but it appears: "You cannot change your display name until 30 April 2017 - 07:27 PM". So, just wait. I don't like Virtual Cockpit because too much challenges. I prefer 2D more comfortable since many years with FS2004 and FSX I used that cockpit.

I also found from http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/FSX/777LRF.html it doesn't mention anything about 2D or 3D. From http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/P3D/777LRF.html  YES, it says: This product uses a full virtual cockpit and does not include 2D panels. (Some pop-up functions avail.).

So maybe for FSX will be 2D and 3D. For the P3D is only 3D. Am I right?

Patricio Valdes

Wrong.  There's no reason why you cannot type your name until that silly forum rule elapses. The NGX is probably the last product to have a 2D panel. The MD-11, JS41, 777, DC-6 and 747v3 do not and PMDG has said on several occasions they are not going to include 2D.

Again, many of us go back in flight sim long before FS2004 and that's really a poor excuse. Guess you have to be satisfied with alternatives to PMDG.

Dan Downs KCRP

No, sorry, the FSX version only has full VC, not a 2D cockpit as I explained above. 

The 777 comes with camera views that make it easier to move around in the VC.   You might want to post your system specs and/or check the PMDG minimum requirements to see if your computer will be able to handle this aircraft.

You don't need to change your display name, just your signature block -- go to your Profile, click on Edit Profile, then click on Signature on the left. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I found "Signature" after editing My Profile. It looks like an exact window as I am replying here. Do you mean just to type my full name and save it? If so, what's the purposes since I want to be private.

From http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/FSX/ngx8900.html does the PMDG 737NGX -800/900 include 2D cockpit? Regardless on 2D or 3D view is there big difference? I guess the 737NGX is a realistic airplane too.

My PC is Alienware Aurora R5 from Dell last new version machine for games.                

Patricio Valdes

From http://www.precision...SX/ngx8900.html does the PMDG 737NGX -800/900 include 2D cockpit? Regardless on 2D or 3D view is there big difference? I guess the 737NGX is a realistic airplane too.

Yes, the PMDG NGX has a full 2D cockpit. It is as complex and realistic as the 777. It is somewhat harder to fly because it, like the real one, is much less automated. I'm not familiar with the specific computer you have, but it's probably a lot newer and faster than mine!

Check your private mail on another issue.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2