Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

VOR Frequencies

Could someone please tell me how to obtain VOR freqs from the FMS? I know they are in there but I can't seem to locate the page where they reside. I checked the docs but didn't see it. I'm talking about VORs not waypoints on the active flight plan.I know where to find the waypoint freqs.

Thanks

Rick Messier

Hi Rick,

I don't know if this is the "official" way, but try this :

Go to the FIX page.

Enter the VOR's ID into the scratchpad.

Press LSK1L.

You should see a list with all navaids with that particular ID that are in the FMS database (there may be more than one page).

For each of these navaids, the list will include a line with the type and the name in small caps, and a second line with the frequency and lat/lon coordinates in large caps.

The top entry on the list will be the navaid with that ID that is closest to your aircraft's position, etc. So if you are trying to find the frequency of a distant VOR, it may not be the first entry on the list - for example, there may be an NDB with that ID that is closer and that will be the first entry in the list.

Hope this helps.  BTW I could not find this info in the manuals either, so either it's not there or in an obscure location, or we both need new spectacles :wink: .

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Rick,

I don't know if this is the "official" way, but try this :

Go to the FIX page.

Enter the VOR's ID into the scratchpad.

Press LSK1L.

You should see a list with all navaids with that particular ID that are in the FMS database (there may be more than one page).

For each of these navaids, the list will include a line with the type and the name in small caps, and a second line with the frequency and lat/lon coordinates in large caps.

The top entry on the list will be the navaid with that ID that is closest to your aircraft's position, etc. So if you are trying to find the frequency of a distant VOR, it may not be the first entry on the list - for example, there may be an NDB with that ID that is closer and that will be the first entry in the list.

Hope this helps.  BTW I could not find this info in the manuals either, so either it's not there or in an obscure location, or we both need new spectacles :wink: .

Thanks Emile. Also, I believe I stumbled on another location. I went to Init Ref/Index/Nav Data and key in the VOR name on the right top, it produces the VOR data, including the freq.

Just shows that even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion. :)

Rick Messier

Thanks Emile. Also, I believe I stumbled on another location. I went to Init Ref/Index/Nav Data and key in the VOR name on the right top, it produces the VOR data, including the freq.

Just shows that even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion. :)

Rick Messier

Ah, good one !  I'll remember that.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg