Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

MyTraffic 6 - FPS and Stutters

Well I decided to try a 'professional' AI package and grabbed MyTraffic 6 off the Simmarket today.   I installed it with no problems.   I get traffic a plenty but I have an annoying issue that is going to make this package pretty much useless unless I can find a solution.

Doesn't matter what aircraft I spawn in as, it happens regardless.    My test airport has been KSFO from Flightbeam.  My traffic is set to 25% and I use Traffic Manager to Cull traffic down to 50 planes or less.

My FPS is good.    What looks like is happening is when certain AI planes spawn in it induces a huge lag/stutter.   You can watch the FPS counter drop about every 4 seconds.   It will be 35 35 35 35 and then suddenly goes to 6 then back up to 35 35 35 35 then to 6 again.   It does this non-stop.   The end result is tons of stuttering when panning around or trying to move the camera when external.

If I tell Traffic Optimizer to cut traffic to 0 then reset the max to 50 and it starts to repopulate the airport that large frame drop every few seconds goes away.     There has to be some AI plane spawning in that is making the simulator wig out, at least that's what it appears to be based on my testing and findings.

I long for the day when I can just turn on an add-on and GO... and not have to sit here with a team of rocket scientists trying to pinpoint what ONE thing that is causing the bad behavior....   

Anyone encounter this problem?  Anyone manage to fix it other than wiping out the traffic with the Traffic Optimizer and letting it slowly rebuild new traffic?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Brian, 

I never could get MT6 to behave for me.  I ran into the same issues.  I had stuttering and some really bad FPS at times.  This also was with the Traffic Optimizer.  Eventually gave up and installed UT2.

I do agree with you though.  P3D3 is in dire need of a click and go traffic solution that works without all of these keyboard gymnastics.

Brian, 

I never could get MT6 to behave for me.  I ran into the same issues.  I had stuttering and some really bad FPS at times.  This also was with the Traffic Optimizer.  Eventually gave up and installed UT2.

I do agree with you though.  P3D3 is in dire need of a click and go traffic solution that works without all of these keyboard gymnastics.

I owned UT2 on DVD but I just moved and the DVD didn't make it.  Also... UT2 requires you to shoehorn it into P3D.    It is a good program though.  It was my favorite.

MY6 looks like it would be a great program if not for the random stutters.   Wish I knew what aircraft was causing this lag spiking.   I thought it was a double AFCAD for KSFO but I checked and there is only one.    Early when I did a test flight after shutting off the extra KSFO file I thought I had licked the stutter.   It was smooth and running but then a group of AI spawned in and it turned to crap in a hurry.   When I recycled all of the AI off the airport with Traffic Optimizer and it started spawning them in again the stutter/lag was gone but so were 42 of the 50 aircraft that were there when I first booted in.   My rig can easily handle up 80 AI.  I choose 50 just to give myself some breathing room.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I use MyTraffic6and have never experienced this stutter/lag. I do not use the Traffic Optimiser much anymore either, now using the option that comes with the latest FSUIPC. Does it happen if you 'spawn' somewhere else in the world? Maybe it is just a particular livery that is to blame in the MyTraffic fleet.

This might be where changing your AffinityMask might improve things. For example setting a value of 85 on a quad core with HT.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I use MyTraffic6and have never experienced this stutter/lag. I do not use the Traffic Optimiser much anymore either, now using the option that comes with the latest FSUIPC. Does it happen if you 'spawn' somewhere else in the world? Maybe it is just a particular livery that is to blame in the MyTraffic fleet.

This might be where changing your AffinityMask might improve things. For example setting a value of 85 on a quad core with HT.

My affinity mask is already set and has worked perfect for many months.    The CPU isn't really being beaten on that much and the stream into the cores is smooth on my graphs.   No, I believe this is a livery/aircraft in the pack that is corrupted somehow and when it spawns in it wrecks havoc.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Been using MT6 for almost 2 years, and have no such problem. The only problem some had was military aircraft causing crashes for some. You can delete this file which is on their forum and give it a try. Go into MT6 scenery and look for mytrafficmil.bgl  and add passive  to it   ( mytrafficmil.bgl.passive )   , and see if that cures your problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It's FS Captain doing it.   Why the hell is FS Captain inducing stutters when I activate it with MT6 running?  @_@   Over to FS Captain's forums we go....  *flops*  FS Captain has to interface via SimConnect.  I wonder if that is overloading SimConnect.... hmmmm...

100454.png

Brian Navy

This won't help with MT6 and I am not advocating one package over another. Ultimate Traffic is being updated by the author. Don't know when it will be released, but I believe P3D compatibility is on the agenda.

This won't help with MT6 and I am not advocating one package over another. Ultimate Traffic is being updated by the author. Don't know when it will be released, but I believe P3D compatibility is on the agenda.

That would be nice.  Took them long enough.  UT2 has been outdated for well over a year now.   Glad to hear the author is alive and ready to get with 2017.

On a brighter side I have solved the issue.   FS Captain was the culprit.   I updated to the their latest Beta 2 and it seems to have eliminated the issue with the sudden performance loss.   This performance loss was not apparent until I turned MyTraffic 6 on.    It is now eliminated.   I took off from Flightbeam's KSFO with 60 AI aircraft at the airport doing their thing and it was smooooooth like fine butter.

100454.png

Brian Navy

That would be nice.  Took them long enough.  UT2 has been outdated for well over a year now.   Glad to hear the author is alive and ready to get with 2017.

On a brighter side I have solved the issue.   FS Captain was the culprit.   I updated to the their latest Beta 2 and it seems to have eliminated the issue with the sudden performance loss.   This performance loss was not apparent until I turned MyTraffic 6 on.    It is now eliminated.   I took off from Flightbeam's KSFO with 60 AI aircraft at the airport doing their thing and it was smooooooth like fine butter.

Epic

Sounds like Chistmas all over again!

Great system.

Wonder if you've compared Traffic Optimiser with the new FSUIPC limiter?

Cheers Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Sounds like Chistmas all over again!

Great system.

Wonder if you've compared Traffic Optimiser with the new FSUIPC limiter?

Cheers Dean

I am trying it out now.  I have it set to 60 AI limit and so far I am getting lovely traffic with MyTraffic set to 25%.    My only concern (and the nice thing about Traffic Optimizer) is I don't think FSUIPC is airport aware or flight plan aware thus you may not get the best results.    The Preserve Traffic at Airports option in Traffic Optimizer is key to great looking arrival and destination airports.   I think FSUIPC is just doing the Farthest Away First method which means in situations where another airport is nearby; let's take KDAL as our departure airport for example.  KDFW, a major airport is nearby and it will spawn in traffic.... traffic I don't care about or will ever see.  I'd rather those wasted spawn ins were over at KDAL which with Traffic Optimizer you can do.     I'll do a few more test flights.   It is nice not having to fire up another add-on to cull traffic so I may stick with FSUIPC's option.   Be nice if a future update from Pete had similar functionality as Traffic Optimizer.

100454.png

Brian Navy

FSUIPC has three settings that alter the mix of AI aircraft by location. It actually has more of an ability to fine tune the mix than the simple airport setting in the TO.

FSUIPC has three settings that alter the mix of AI aircraft by location. It actually has more of an ability to fine tune the mix than the simple airport setting in the TO.

That's good to know because on my test flight into Hobby, Houston what I thought was going to happen did.    Not a single AI plane at KHOU.  They were all 6 miles down the road at KIAH.    I need FSUIPC to preserve traffic at my departure and destination airport.    Nothing else matters to me.    Aircraft along the way is fine but the airports is where they need to be, my airports, not the airports all around my airport.  lol.    I assume this is an INI setting?   I didn't see a switch in the in-game menu but I'll look again.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Hey Jay,

Could you point us at an explanation of the location specific settings?

Thanks