Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Time for a BIG Step ?

I can't guess if there is any interest at PMDG in Aerofly FS 2, but the platform covers at least one of their requireents - Worldwide coverage - and does it in a rather promising way looking at what is slowy but remarkably being made available.

The flight dynamics of even the default aircraft are very interesting, and oppening their configyration files reveals a lot of room for detailled modeling of aero and systems. Actually everything can be done externaly and plugged into tge sim as the just released SDK may well reveal.

Yes, there's also X-Plane, but that's a different story...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I was gonna say this too.. Just bought it yesterday and man it's so smooth in VR 😃

I was gonna say this too.. Just bought it yesterday and man it's so smooth in VR

Curious? What VR system are you using for VR? Using Oculus Flyinside, it's Beta but lots of fun to work with, I have it very working pretty well now.

BaldyB

Denis Bolduc

what Aerofly needs is a killer airliner (or even something like a big twin) with realistic systems, some AI traffic and some basic ATC, so that your hardcore simmers would give it a serious look. If it had all three of those and those customers, there'd be a market for a shedload of add-ons, which would make companies want to develop for it. I presume that is their plan. As it stands, it cheap enough for the curious to buy it anyway, but they need to nail their colours to the mast and show they are seriously aiming at making it something with longevity and scope for third party support.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Seems a bit early I believe, the Aeorfly 2 is still under developement, and barely just released an SDK for creating content, for which documentation seems quite small.

But I don't think developing on an early access product is good anyway, as things can change drastically before release. 

I don't feel that their graphics are the best either, especially without PBR rendering which is coming with X-Plane 11 and really does a great job on making the aircraft looks so much better for the reflection properties of the metal.

Perhaps there's a reason Lockheed and Dovetail decided to build on existing platforms rather than build from the ground up.

• Upvote 1

True!

I just wish, that Lockheed-Martin would re-develop the lighting system in Prepar3D from scratch (or actually make a lighting system in Prepar3D).

A similar system like in X-Plane would be fantastic!

Sorry for going off-topic!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

It is exciting to see several flight simulators chasing our $$$s.

2017 is going to be very entertaining, and I am sure that LM P3D will take a clear lead.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I still remember there was a time when Microsoft stopped development on FSX. while people were worried and debating as to whats going to happen to their hobby. Lockheed came along with their initial version of P3D. People were still skeptical about it since they were going to cater to a different audience. And in a few years, here we are..Golden age for Flight simulators....hopefully...

Aerofly seems promising.

P3D 64 bit version

DTG Flight Simulator

Aerofly FS2 with updates,service packs etc

Xplane 11

If you search the net about aerofly fs2 you will notice that ORBX will make sceneries for that platform and aerosoft airbus x is already implemented in the platoform too.(at least the cockpit textures are exactly the same)

Well,   IMO, Xplane looks very very challenging for LM right now.   I wonder if LM will finally go for 64 bits, and if its going to be the same cartoon thing but 64 bits or sometthing more advanced to reach Xplane taste around...

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

After the bits, will come the need for a better flight dynamics engine - they shouldn't continue to bare on good-old MSFS... which was good long ago in the time of our grandchildren....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well,   IMO, Xplane looks very very challenging for LM right now.   I wonder if LM will finally go for 64 bits, and if its going to be the same cartoon thing but 64 bits or sometthing more advanced to reach Xplane taste around...

64 bits has nothing to do with graphics, it's changing things on how much memory you can address and can also allow more accurate calculation in some case with 64 bits precisions instead of 32 bits. But on the graphical side it has zero impact on the visual themselves :)

64 bits has nothing to do with graphics, ...

Well now, that is not strictly correct. In fact, it is not correct in any way what so ever since nobody has made a 32bit graphics card for a PC in a very very long time indeed.