Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Time for a BIG Step ?

64 bits has nothing to do with graphics, it's changing things on how much memory you can address and can also allow more accurate calculation in some case with 64 bits precisions instead of 32 bits. But on the graphical side it has zero impact on the visual themselves :)

Well i understand nothing of this but if i put all slides on the right i have better graphic. Is it correct? But with 32Bit Flight simulator i will have most probably a CTD. So With a 64bt system having the chance to put all the sliders on the right i should have better graphic as well ? Am i correct or am i missing something? 

Well i understand nothing of this but if i put all slides on the right i have better graphic. Is it correct? But with 32Bit Flight simulator i will have most probably a CTD. So With a 64bt system having the chance to put all the sliders on the right i should have better graphic as well ? Am i correct or am i missing something? 

Well basically my comment was about the question of going to 64 bits would give more "cartoon" visuals like in X-Plane in which I answered that 64 bits had nothing to do with the visual representation. As the graphic engine is not really change, it should not have such an impact. 

To answer you do not expect a significant boost by the switch to 64 bits. It will make OOM more unlikely, not getting read of them because if you run your simulation for long enough, and there are still memory leaks, you will eventually fill the memory and get OOM. But I don't think it's going to happen to many people, unless they still with 4GB of RAM ;)

But as far as performances I do not expect significant improvements, 64 bits does not make program run better that is not that simple, it may increase a bit performances in some kind of operations, but as far as I remember long ago in the early days of 64 bits games the performances in the same application having both 32 and 64 bits versions, the differences were minimal. So I don't hink you will be able to put those slider at a different place just because of 64 bits.

well of coue the frame rate is interested ifi have a low CPU (talking about FSX) and move the sliders all to the right. But i think the 64 bit give more stability as in my opinion new planes, new sceneries , complexed meshes HD sceneries, HD cockpits Surround sounds, AI traffic, and so on make the rsk of OOM very easy and many people will but a 777 at 100 dollars and then need t fly over an airport that is over detailed setting it in a way that when arrive after a flight of 10 hours u dont have an OOM 1 minute before landing. Avoiding that horrible FSUIPC ding ding ding that is telling u i am sorry u are not gonna end up the flight.

Yes of course OOM should not occur. As it can use the full memory available :) So yes that is a plus, but no it won't run faster that's all there , so yes if you had to lower things because of OOM you should be able to increase them again. 

I just said that it won't make performance better or worse for the same settings, and that it does not change directly the graphics, of course if you change the settings thanks to 64 bits that's another story ;)