Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

Clients of older Prepar3D v3 versions officially available for Download

It looks like LM has made clients of older Prepar3D versions available for download, going back all the way to v3.0.

This is a surprising move, given LM's strict policy on providing only the newest version for download in the past.

You can find the old clients by clicking the "+" next to "Legacy Client Downloads" in the Download section.

jszgcz.jpg

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Definitely a partial change of position... note the bright red text... especially the "NOT supported".

Suddenly my faith in human nature has been restored! Well done LM! This truly is an enlightened move which we should all be applauding. I think it is perfectly reasonable for LM to withhold support for legacy versions. After all, we make our choices and by so doing should expect to face and accept any consequences. Having said that, I am very pleased LM have decided to allow us some flexibility of choice as this will permit users to return to an earlier working version should subsequent builds be causing them problems. That way no legitimate licence holder will be denied the use of a working Prepar3D.

Mike

• Upvote 2

Good move by LM. So we know they hear us!.

Cheers, Ed

I still don't understand why people don't back up all their content installers rather than deleting them.  

• Upvote 3

I still don't understand why people don't back up all their content installers rather than deleting them

Hi Bob,

In a perfect world, perhaps. However, the reality is that even backups can be lost and significant numbers of users may welcome not having to use up digital media real estate needlessly.

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 2

So which is the version most recommended? Is it 3.2? I read that versions above that including the latest have VAS problems?

Well, take a look at what it says in the picture at the bottom: "Note: Legacy versions are NOT supported or recommended"

Well, take a look at what it says in the picture at the bottom: "Note: Legacy versions are NOT supported or recommended"

I can see that. I'm not asking LM I'm asking here.

Hi Graham,

Why not find out for yourself now that you have the option available to you. After all, uninstalling/reinstalling the P3D Client takes very little time to perform. If you are in any way uncertain about this procedure then please refer to Elaine's (Poppet) very helpful stickied post.

Also, I imagine many if not most of the 3rd Party products will continue to work with earlier builds of a major P3D version, in this case 3.x. Anticipating a move to the latest P3D build someday, once the gremlins are worked out, I have updated my relevant 3rd Party installations and all are working fine in my current P3D version/build (see sig.).

Regards,

Mike

So which is the version most recommended? Is it 3.2? I read that versions above that including the latest have VAS problems?

v3.3.5 is the sweet spot for me right now.

Regards

• Upvote 3

Hi Bob,

In a perfect world, perhaps. However, the reality is that even backups can be lost and significant numbers of users may welcome not having to use up digital media real estate needlessly.

Regards,

Mike

I have backups of everything I have purchased, in the past few years. Friend of mine just bought a 1TB external drive at best Buys for $49. 

I have backups of everything I have purchased, in the past few years.

As do I. Sometimes I find myself wishing there was another way (think iPad, The Cloud) that could be regarded as being much more secure and less liable to failure.

Regards,

Mike

I will stay on the latest version.

Never had any issues with this or former versions...

The SLI issue probably changed the policy.

Diferent people with diferent versions can be a support nightmare.