Sign in to follow this  
Skowtura322

The demise of my copy of Prepar3d in 24 hrs

did you try to remove default flight or load another one from P3D.cfg????

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi all - the worry with all this is that no logical traceable conclusion is available or conclusive. An open ended system is always likely to be like this with a multiplicity of possibilities, but it is possible if the host application has a robust diagnostic system built in, requiring every addon to monitor itself and to provide diagnostics to the host system which in turn will disable the addon should it threaten the stability of the system. Both Cubase and Photoshop for instance will scan their plugins for problems on startup and recommend they be disabled if there is a protocol issue. On every update of P3d all known (unknowns should be flagged) addons should be checked for compatibility issues and if they are in doubt, they should be disabled pending update or maintenance.

People may say this puts too much on the host system and perhaps a load on the makers of addons, but it is a little ironic to me that the very industry this simulator simulates is a model of software integrity and error checking, whilst its facsimile seems not to model that to any great degree at all, and most of us resort to praying to whatever deity we choose to protect us from the next 'crash' rather than building things from the ground up correctly in the first place. Lockheed build an incredible simulator, its just sad to see loyal customers locked in a constant struggle to make it work - try that with the purchaser of an Airbus or Boeing etc. etc.

This is the 21st Century and yes we are stuck with the outdated architecture of the 'PC' which should have been superseded long ago, and if Microsoft would stop hanging baubles on the Christmas Tree and get the system right we may have again a better foundation so my criticism is not all laid at Lockheed Martins door, but I would have thought for their own reputation a more robust protection of the core program would be a good idea.

However back to the real world my system runs now but occasionally crashes Windows 10 with various errors so FSUIPC may be at fault too - who can tell? Yet again the wonderful world of Sims is turned into a computer error troubleshooting game....ok if you like that sort of thing, or indeed if solutions are ever really possible! It seems there is no way to win the game; just a purgatory of glorious interludes to be taken away at any moment, hours of making sure the track holds up before you ever get to drive the train  (er plane - got my sims confused :smile: )

So all the best to all fellows on our road to Calvary, maybe just maybe 2017 will bring the promise....but maybe not.

It happened with both a clean cfg and the old one in that order...the clean cfg would only work with FSUIPC being reinstalled again and again, then when GSX was uninstalled all appears to run but as to stability the ball is still balancing on a knife edge :excl:  Thanks for the input though  :smile:

Yes

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been experiencing similar issues.   FSUIPC seems to be a possible culprit.   I had also considered Linda as a culprit as I tried to just open up the Linda interface outside of the sim to edit and it would behave similarly to P3D in the way it just disappeared.  The latest evolution I am trying is to open Linda once the P3D menu comes up and so far so good but the sample size is admittedly small (2-3 flights).   Glad I stumbled on this thread to know I wasn't alone

I have tested it also without LINDA, doesn't make a difference.

Also not Chaseplane etc.

The only single thing which causes the sim to disappear is FSUIPC here

Guenter Steiner

It's definitely FSUIPC. As soon as I either disable it in the xml.dll or removed the FSUIPC.dll from the modules folder the sim starts up normally. Clean install, nothing but the sim and FSUIPC installed.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

It's definitely FSUIPC. As soon as I either disable it in the xml.dll or removed the FSUIPC.dll from the modules folder the sim starts up normally. Clean install, nothing but the sim and FSUIPC installed.

I take it you let fsuipc build a new cfg file as well? And running P3D. exe as admin? If yes to both then I guess have to wait for Pete.

Eric 

I take it you let fsuipc build a new cfg file as well? And running P3D. exe as admin? If yes to both then I guess have to wait for Pete.

Yes to both. The only way to be able to run FSUIPC on my machine is if I reinstall it and then start P3D. The next time I start P3D it doesn't work again - essentially that means I have to reinstall FSUIPC before each session. Something must happen during the installation that fixes this bug for one-time use only.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

I reinstalled GSX (latest version) and still have the latest version of FSUIPC running and all seems fine at the moment as it did before the mysterious collapse on the 25th. I am still cautious as the volatility seems to balance on a knife edge but as of writing FSUIPC ok - GSX ok???? 

We'll see what happens...

Well, mine is now doing it as well, starts and disappears to the task manager. Thought I had it fixed but alas, it is not. Removing FSUIPC.dll fixes it.  Screwed until Pete comes back.

Eric 

Having same issues.

P3D hangs in background on start up.

Seemed like a Linda/FSUICP interaction problem maybe to me.

I have to have Linda and FSUICP installed for it to happen.

Once happened, remove Linda, it still happens.

Then remove FSUICP, it does not happen.

Reinstall FSUICP, it does not happen.

Thread at Peter Dawson's site:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82599-crash-loading-p3dv34-reporte-fsuipc4dll/

LM thread with post from Peter Dawson:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123193

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Having same issues.

P3D hangs in background on start up.

Seemed like a Linda/FSUICP interaction problem maybe to me.

I have to have Linda and FSUICP installed for it to happen.

Once happened, remove Linda, it still happens.

Then remove FSUICP, it does not happen.

Reinstall FSUICP, it does not happen.

Thread at Peter Dawson's site:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82599-crash-loading-p3dv34-reporte-fsuipc4dll/

LM thread with post from Peter Dawson:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123193

gb.

Yes, thanks for posting this, I have been following them. Any of you guys having problems please go to these threads and help troubleshoot.

I have tested it also without LINDA, doesn't make a difference.

Also not Chaseplane etc.

The only single thing which causes the sim to disappear is FSUIPC here

Please see post 26 above. They're thinking LINDA might be an issue (in Pete's forum thread not the LM thread) and you're the master of it.

Eric 

Please see post 26 above. They're thinking LINDA might be an issue (in Pete's forum thread not the LM thread) and you're the master of it.

I'm 100% sure that it is not LINDA as I have tested it with definitely disabled LINDA (LINDA wasn't even in modules folder)

And I have reverted to FSUIPC Version 4949f and do not have any issues now.

All that is reproduceable.

I will stay away from these discussions and wait till there's any kind of solution as I'm happy with 4949f

Guenter Steiner

Is there a place to get this older version of fsuipc?

Eric 

Looks like Peter has reproduced this error for Window 10 users and released a possible fixed 4.959m module:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123193&start=15

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.