Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

Looking for a proper load in aircraft.cfg

Hi,

I have logged 137 flight hours with Tinmouse 737 and I noticed that during more than half flights after take off, the aircraft became uncontrollable and close to stall despite using elevator trim and yoke. In this case, the aircraft goes up 6000+ ft/min and 6000+ ft/min down both with and/or without A/P engaged.

Situation : Using FS9, win 7 64, CH yoke & pedals properly calibrated.

Having read the manual for a solution, I found that somewhere quotes a proper aircraft load helps to take control of it.

If this is the case, I 'd appreciate if someone would have presented me the proper way to load it in the aircraft.cfg load section.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Never had this even with the default loading.

Which autopilot are you using ? I use the SP-177

I find no need to change the initial trim position for takeoff. After takeoff and during flap retraction the trim needs small adjustments. If I remember correctly, when trimmed the indicator is quite far forward.

When you use the A/P, are you climbing in Level Change or V/S ?

Peter Schluter

Look in the aircraft menu -> Fuel and Payload, and change the payload quantities until the black and white circle (centre of gravity) is between the wings.

Is anyone aware of an external utility that facilitates this?

Its a bit of a bind typingn random numbers in...

Cheers

Keith

Hi Peter,

[Which autopilot are you using ? I use the SP-177]

I use SP-77.

[i find no need to change the initial trim position for takeoff.]

I tried this too with the same results.

[After takeoff and during flap retraction the trim needs small adjustments.]

That's what I am trying to do like with all other addon aircraft I have installed. But all of a sudden occurs what I have described and makes the aircraft uncontrollable. Even the autopilot can't stop it or make it hold altitude. Please note that this has always been happening since the first time I installed Tinmouse whichever windows version and whichever system I have had so far.

When I start a flight, I never know whether I complete it with no incidents like this.

I have also tried to fly with the default load values, yet it happened again.

I tried a mod FDE I found in Tinmouse / avsim forum. Only little improvement was noticed, it occurred again.

Disengaging the elevators switch in A/P helps to adjust the vertical speed, but it doesn't cure the problem.

[When you use the A/P, are you climbing in Level Change or V/S ?]

Neither mode. I use first CWS (yoke) to adjust vertical speed, and then A/P and CWS.

[Look in the aircraft menu -> Fuel and Payload, and change the payload quantities until the black and white circle (centre of gravity) is between the wings.]

Keith,

I always take care of this.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Hi Sotiris

PM your e-mail address to me and I'll send you a very good FD set for the tinmouse.

Trevor

Hi Sotiris

PM your e-mail address to me and I'll send you a very good FD set for the tinmouse.

Trevor

Trevor, I would be interested in trying this too. I will PM you.  Will it be ok with the SP-177 autopilot ?

Peter Schluter

Trevor

many many thanks for this. The aircraft flies a lot smoother with the new files, especially on approach.

Peter Schluter