Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Voice not detected anymore - help

Hi guys,

Using FS2crew with the Q400, had a bit of a break from flying the Q400 so a bit rusty on the fs2crew app itself.  Anyway before the break used it quite a bit very successfully and set everything up as usual and it worked a treat

In true flight sim fashion I wanted to get off the ground quickly and right now 1 hour later haven't even moved!  I've scoured the manual for FAQs to make sure I had all settings correct and it appears I do.  Problem is the app itself is working, I can run the preflight and hear the FO do his thing but my voice just isn't recognised, so I can't call for any checklists or to connect ground power etc.  I've double checked the phraseology in the manual to make sure I have it right.

Using Windows 7 (speech recognition set to US)

USB sennheiser headset, tested this with Pilot Edge to make sure it hasn't given up the ghost and I can hear and transmit just fine.

The voice button on the fs2crew main panel is permanently on.

Checked my headset is selected in the cfg button

Checked FSX > Sounds to make sure the sound drop down is point to my USB headset.

Run an online MIC test to ensure my mic is working.

Help?

I'm sure its something really silly.

Thanks

Sid

Thomas Derbyshire

Hi Sid,

So when you speak, you see nothing in the Green Bar?

If the Voice button stays on, that means the voice system is running perfectly.

You're positive you're using the phrases from the manual?

Ensure that Hard Mute/Soft Mute is not on.

Cheers,

Problem solved and it was something silly.

What I failed to realise is the last time I used fs2crew I had a different headset connected via line in and mic in, now I'm using a USB headset! So I didnt have the mic configured correctly in the sound properties in windows. There was a setting, cant remember which now, pointing to my onboard sound instead of my headset. I thought this was weird though because I have been using pilotedge and vatsim comms just fine? It must be something to do with how fs2crew uses the speech recognition system which was throwing it off.

Anyone everything sorted, hope this helps somebody else.

Cheers

Sid

Thomas Derbyshire

Hello there,

I have serious problem with voice detection. After I installed FS2Crew (737 reboot and Dash), voice wasn't detected by FS2Crew. Skype, Team Speak, and other programs without problem. Others can hear me perfectly, but FS2 Crew can't. Microphone is connected to Genius GX Gaming SW-G2.1 2000 which is connected by 3,5 mm jack directly into motherboard and it's only one microphone connected to PC. I ve tried everything, microphone is set as defult and default communication device. So i ve tried uninstall realtek drivers. Windows downloaded and install new drivers from internet. FS2Crew start detected my voice, BUT..... others program work too, but volume is toooo low so others can't hear me. So I am now between two walls. I can fly with FS2Crew, but I can't fly online, because controller can't hear me. I ve tried boosted microfone by few db, but its anyoing for people. Its mystery how FS2Crew can hear me, when other people can't. 

Is there anyone who can help me? It's soooo frustrating :sad:

It's no problem spend $20 for USB headset. I ve ordered Genius HS-G700V and I am inquisitive if it will work. But its misterious that all people can hear me, but only FS2 Crew not and opossite, if no one can hear me, because low volume (I can't hear myself in control panel vhen listening this device and volume of repro is almost on MAX) but FS2Crew can hear this :D Ok, new headset ordered, I will se tomorrow. 

Thanks for your help Byork, but these steps I ve tried before write to this forum. So, new USB headset is at home, FS2Crew tried and working well. This problem stay misterious. But nevermind, now everythink working, again thank you for your help :)