Sign in to follow this  
newtie

UTII AI model replacement

Hi all-

I was wondering what the procedure is to replace just the Daedalus AC in UTII. I'm OK with the rest of the AI for now.

Cheers,

Mark

Open UT2, go to Traffic Options and uncheck box for "Display generic repaints (Daedalus)". Should be ok then I hope.

1. Make sure your UTII is set-up to accommodate a separate AI aircraft directory (read the How Do I Install Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D V3 install guide for that). I have a separate folder called P3D AI and added it to my cfg file so UTII recognizes it
  2. Find a suitable replacement AI aircraft model from either the Avsim library or from one of the many AI model specific sites (AI Aardvark etc...)
  3. Download the appropriate repaint of the AI aircraft you want to replace in UTII and make sure it's SPECIFIC to the AI model you downloaded in step 2
  4. Add the new model and repaint into your new AI folder
  5. Fire up UTII and find the aircraft you want to swap out on the left hand side of the UTII interface.
  6. On the right hand side of the interface select the AI aircraft you just added in and add the paint. It's safe to remove the default UTII aircraft.
  7. Save the changes and that should be it.

If you want something a little more in depth I can easily put together a proper how to with images if that would help you (and others)

Mike