Sign in to follow this  
nhagag

Two Questions Ref T7

Hello PMDG T7 Fliers

PMDG T7-300 in FSX SE

1. I just noticed recently in several flights that the camera does not show any of the Aircraft anymore, e.g. underbelly, landing gears etc. The three Sections only show ground, and clouds. I am wondering what could have happened. According to PMDG I am up to date and I have not changed anything..

2. The second question I was doing a flight from KSFO to CYUL and ran into engine troubles one hour into the flight and I wanted to divert to KSLC but it was not listed in the ALTN airport choices which they were not suitable for T7-300 landing.

Is there a way/procedure to choose an Alternative airport that is not listed in the ALTN at a given time?

Thanks

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Hi,

2. You have several ways to choose an alternate:

_ ALTN page 1: <ALTN REQUEST

_ ALTN page 2: < ALTN LIST REQUEST

_ ALTN page 1: enter manual the ICAO code of the alternate you want.

If you think that the alternates that are proposed in reponse to an alternate request are not suitable for the B77W, then you can modify the criterias:

PMDG SETUP / EQUIPMENT page 13/13: FMC DATALINK

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Thanks Bronze for the quick response

Bill

C:|mydocuments&#092;mypictures&#092;my signature.htm

There is a known issue with the 777-300ER and FSX-SE. PMDG tech support told me they are aware of it and it will be fixed in a future update to the Operations Center. In the meantime you can edit the 777 GMC folders by hand to get the camera to show the external model.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thank you Kevin

I would appreciate if you can tell me what lines or changes to do to edit the Camera in GMC folders

Bill

Thank you Kevin

I would appreciate if you can tell me what lines or changes to do to edit the Camera in GMC folders

Bill

Bill, the procedure is as follows:

Locate the folder PMDG 777-GMC, which is in your SimObjects\Airplanes folder

Copy and paste the folder texture.pmdg within PMDG 777-GMC and rename it texture.XX, to match the first texture folder in the folder PMDG 777-300ER. Repeat this process until you have a set of texture folders in the GMC folder matching the folders in PMDG 777-300ER.

Open each of the new texture folder in turn

1. Open texture.cfg in notepad

2. Replace the text ".pmdg" with ".XX"  where .XX is the suffix of the texture folder name.

3. Save the file

4. Repeat for the remaining new folders (leaving the PMDG folder untouched of course).

For example my first texture folder in the GMC folder is named

texture.BA_GSTBA

and the texture.cfg file contains:

[fltsim]

alias=PMDG 777-300ER\texture.BA_GSTBA

Now open the file aircraft.cfg in the GMC folder

Copy the following lines:

[fltsim.0] 
title=PMDG 777-300ER PMDG House GMC
sim=default
model=
texture=PMDG

and paste them below, creating one new entry for each new texture folder you made.

Number the [fltsim.0] lines in sequence to match the aircraft.cfg file in PMDG 777-300ER

Edit each title line so it is exactly the same as the corresponding title line in the PMDG 777-300ER aircraft.cfg file. You could copy and paste the title lines from one aircraft.cfg file to the other ensure they are the same.

Append GMC to the title line.

For example the second entry in my aircraft.cfg file looks like this:

[fltsim.1] 

title=PMDG 777-336ER British Airways G-STBA GMC
sim=default
model=
texture=BA_GSTBA

Save this file, load FSX-SE and you should now be able to see the external model and livery in the GMC.

Once everything is working, make a backup of the modified PMDG 777-GMC folder. If you ever need to reinstall the 777-300 you can copy the folders and files from the backup in one go, If you add or remove any 777-300 liveries remember to make the corresponding changes to the GMC folder. 

Happy New Year

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi Kevin

Thank You so very much for your support

Happy New Year to You too

Hello Kevin

I followed your instructions to the letter.

I was able to restore the external model and landing gear in the camera view for two flights and then it disappeared on it own again

I am puzzled. Should I file a ticket to PMDG?

Someone said they working on a fix.

Bill