Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just flew AeroFly FS-2 OMG!

When this early-access gem gets fleshed out, with weather, ATC...well...bye-bye FSX and P3D...bye-bye...don't let the door slam your butt as you leave....

150 plus FPS...graphics, like you are there.  Native VIVE support.  OMG!

You have got to fly this sim, to believe what a modern 64 bit graphics engine can do with also; modern CPU/GPU combo's!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowee!

Oh...and ORBX will be porting over. They already have done it...and they say their properties look fabulous and native within the Sim base....good times

ahead...wow!

John V's already flying it...and you can be sure, he has some of his company's goodies already installed as Alpha or Beta!  He has pictures of his flights over Chicago Meigs...man.......the best graphics I have ever seen to date in ANY flight sim....and at 150 plus FPS!!!!!

He's basically blurted out (but not fully official) that this is their 'Project A'...initiative for 2017....   Project A...duh...Project  (A)erofly....lol.

Edited by Jim Young
link removed
  • Upvote 1

Bear in mind that 150FPS is to a large extent because your PC isn't processing ATC, AI, real world weather etc. Expect that FPS to drop (if, and hopefully when) it becomes a more hardcore sim with more systems replicated and more scenery loading in too.

Remember, FS can easily attain 150FPS is you turn all that stuff off and fly a default aeroplane with no fancy avionics systems modeled, which would be more akin to where Aerofly FS2's 737 and A320 are at the moment, and don't forget, you can literally fly around the entire world in FS, since it models pretty much every major airport, Aerofly FS2 has only three areas of scenery. Granted they look cool and run fast, but there's no AI, ground traffic on roads or any of that stuff in them to be jamming up that GPU.

Personally, I hope Aerofly FS2 gets a chance, but bear in mind that never happened with the previous incarnation of it.

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Personally, I would love to see AeroFly FS2 wipe the floor with FSX/P3D/X-Plane/DTG FS......and it may just do that with a decent ATC system, realistic AI planes, consistent terrain texture resolution, and convincing autogen. I don't care whether it models the entire world or not. I just want next generation graphics and good flight dynamics at decent framerates. I used Flight Unlimted 3 (and the FU2 San Francisco scenery region) exclusively between 1999 and 2008, and I would have no hesitation in doing that again (with AeroFly FS2) if IPACS can deliver the goods.

Oh, and welcome back to the forum, Chock :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Bear in mind that 150FPS is to a large extent because your PC isn't processing ATC, AI, real world weather etc. Expect that FPS to drop (if, and hopefully when) it becomes a more hardcore sim with more systems replicated and more scenery loading in too.

Remember, FS can easily attain 150FPS is you turn all that stuff off and fly a default aeroplane with no fancy avionics systems modeled, which would be more akin to where Aerofly FS2's 737 and A320 are at the moment, and don't forget, you can literally fly around the entire world in FS, since it models pretty much every major airport, Aerofly FS2 has only three areas of scenery. Granted they look cool and run fast, but there's no AI, ground traffic on roads or any of that stuff in them to be jamming up that GPU.

Personally, I hope Aerofly FS2 gets a chance, but bear in mind that never happened with the previous incarnation of it

Oh sure...your points are valid, but, as far as scenery or its graphic detail is concerned,  even FSX and P3D only loads in a basic x/y around your plane, and NOT the whole world, etc.  So does Aerofly 2.  It's the modern engine, built from the ground up that is cracking FPS...and not merely the less-modeled 'load' as we see 'load' within FSX and P3D's ancient engine parameters.  This is going to rock the skies......I don't have VR yet...but, the graphics around the South West,  NorthWest...is absolutely stunning.  You CAN fly VFR, by catching a recognized highway...and man...do you SEE IT!   OMG...I'm blown away. This year is going to be amazing for we flight sim'mers....just amazing...and unfortunely...old sim base paradigms ...are going to fall, crash and burn....

The current update Aerofly FS2 already has a ton of great planes, from G.A. right up to 737-500's...and 747's etc..with fully modeled and running cockpits. They look right now, as good (or better?) than anything I see currently, in FSX/P3D. Yep....and they are waiting on ya.... :)))  Full day and night modeling, lights, etc...outside and within the cockpit environment.  Just....waiting...for your plastic....   Have fun, people!

Their engines, FSX and P3D, are going to be fully exposed for the age they are...and the performance they are capped out to offer...  Now there is something to compare, that is not Vaporware...and I'm flying it!

To be fair, personally I think Aerofly is worth a try even if it turns out to not go stratospheric since it is only thiry quid and is great looking and runs great too. I do think it could do with a chopper though, it is tailor made for that kind of flying as it stands.

Alan Bradbury

To be fair, personally I think Aerofly is worth a try even if it turns out to not go stratospheric since it is only thiry quid and is great looking and runs great too. I do think it could do with a chopper though, it is tailor made for that kind of flying as it stands.

Chock, I totally agree with you...they need a chopper..and from what I see...it would be a good bet to lay down, that they are going to release one....and quickly.  H.S....the graphics are REAL...those buildings look totally life-like as you blast by em....(fabulous FPS!) ..and kick *ss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You come towards a down-town core in FSX or P3D...and you get the great FPS sucking sound coming out of your computer case.  You fly towards Chicago...or Phoenix, or land...within AF FS2...and not one stutter...DEAD SMOOTH animation...right over the downtown core...and around you...WOW...especially now that I can see it on the ultra-wide!  Was worth every dollar spent....!!!!!

My honest opinion,  A.I., live-time weather, and ATC, won't bleed off 30 FPS if even that, while the sub-routines are running.  So..if you are getting 150 FPS with the sim tapped out now...that means that most will get with GTX980's and up...around 90-100 FPS with graphics that will cause your jaw to break upon the desktop...

Ses says; "Good times just around the corner...and you can taste them right now, in early access!"

Ho, Ho...and Ho.... :hi:

Serious warning...

If you are very happy with either P3D or FSX...then do NOT purchase this sim.

Do NOT purchase the DLC of Switzerland or New York and area...this is the 'dark side', folks...this really is.....the dark side.    :hi:

That's all I'm gonna say.  I've been flying around Oakland, doing touch and go's...and I am ruined....

If you are happy with the status quo in your flight sims....don't download.  Don't install. Don't run.

You have been warned..... :wink:

• Upvote 2

It's looking good but has a long way to go. Love your enthusiasm Mitch but this is not the second coming!  LOL  Currently only 180 airports of how many??  etc.

Will be interesting to watch but I don't expect the competition will be standing still either (except for FSX).

Best of all, we, the users, reap the benefits. I'm looking forward to see how all this plays out.

Vic

• Upvote 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

FSX and P3D may have 24000 airports, but how many of them are worth visiting? I would rather have an area the size of AeroFly FS2 South Western USA in superb detail than the entire world in FSX/P3D default textures and autogen. I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on this one.....

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, I don't want to fly in the USA. At least not ALL that time. The last time I placed my NGX in the USA was maybe never. Aerofly need to model the globe, unless their target customer base is very small.

• Upvote 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

FSX and P3D may have 24000 airports, but how many of them are worth visiting? I would rather have an area the size of AeroFly FS2 South Western USA in superb detail than the entire world in FSX/P3D default textures and autogen. I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on this one.....

Guys...will attempt to upload some pics.  I have been flying in the Baron 58, around Phoenix, my home town of youth.  It is FABULOUS.  What a laugh...I have all these add-on's loaded into P3D and FSX.  You download this sim...and you have fabulous clouds, fabulous skies...fabulous light scattering, the BEST shadows and sunlight splashed upon the cabin, the exteriors. You have the metal, that even the rivets in sunlight can be seen as non-conforming...WHAT A LAUGH...I have hundreds of dollars tied up to make P3D and FSX even look half as good as my flying over the Sonoran Valley....gezus.......

Download this Aerofly FS2, and you have it all....New York...Kenendy...wow....Chicago...wow....the entire west coast  of the U.S....WOW......:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  There are two DLC packets...very inexpensive...and just fabulous content, within.  

Only two words describes my absolute joy in discovering this beauty this morning...  They are;--------------------------------------------------->   H.S.!

:)))))))

Will upload some pics...

Well, I don't want to fly in the USA. At least not ALL that time. The last time I placed my NGX in the USA was maybe never. Aerofly need to model the globe, unless their target customer base is very small.

You can fly in Switzerland....with the DLC and it is GORGEOUS! 

The problem is, with such a comparitively small area as that (unless you add the other DLC, and even then it's a bit problematic), is that it has a Boeing 737, EADS A320 and a Boeing 747 which you can't really make full use of, even moreso taking into account their avionics are akin to the default airliners in perhaps FS95 in terms of complexity, and even then in FS95 you could actually still do a long haul flight if you wanted to, to pretty much any airport you liked. This might seem like it might not be a problem, but it is if you consider that you need the likes of PMDG and FSL to jump on board with add-on aircraft in order for it to be seen as a real contender. That ain't beyond the realms of possibility of course, after all, those third parties are businesses, and any business is always interested in the possibility of another potential market. Let's not forget either, if I recall correctly, PMDG started out making a couple of manuals for the MS fledgling Flight Simulator and a 757 not for MSFS, but for rival sim, Fly, so they were on board with a rival to MS before they started making that groovy 737 for FS9.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

I'm keeping an eye on it, but in the videos I've seen there is far too much use of low-res orthophotos without 3D objects except in core areas like airports and city centers. So you get that squashed building effect when flying low. Also blurry textures on the ground near runways.

Since I only fly slow and low, that's a problem for me. The landclass+OSM autogen in X-Plane may not be 100% accurate everywhere, but at least it doesn't have that blurry/squashed look. It's high-res everywhere. The autogen buildings and street lights are individual light sources everywhere you go in X-Plane, not baked-in textures. Buildings throw shadows and reflect the change in color of the light during the day and in weather, which isn't possible with orthophoto-only scenery.

I can understand how this might appeal more to airliner sim pilots, since you're quickly off the ground and only notice ground detail at airports (although the blurry ground textures don't look good there either).

Anyway, I'll be tracking development. It has to look better near the ground for me to consider it an option. But I'm all for another good competitor in the market to keep the other sims on their toes!

• Upvote 5

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

You can fly right across the entire North American continent....you are NOT restricted to any DLC area.  

This is a test shot...I have to drop the pics 30 percent to get the upload site to accept....am doing some reductions right now...

Here's San Francisco Intl:

sanfran3.png

sanfran2_130246.png

sanfrancisco.png

Here's a shot of Phoenix, AZ

[url=https://postimg.org/image/g9dhh0jhd/]sunriseovephoenix.png

[url=https://postimg.org/image/5turqj8ex/]phoenix1.png

[url=https://postimg.org/image/9cfkzs9n5/]test_upload.png

The game lacks depth and isn't meant to be competing with FSX/P3D or XP. (Are you BTW still using XP....? Seems to me that everything you posted above you also posted about P3D a long time ago and about XP just last week...). The game will keep on lacking depth because even simple things as starting up and shutting down a plane won't be simulated completely: in an interview the devs said they may add this in the future (even the next version maybe) for a few (so not all) aircraft. ATC and AI are promised but they haven't decided on anything yet when it comes to both. As Parrafin posted another big problem is the lack of buildings/autogen in most parts of the scenery. Real weather also is too problematic for the devs right now.

In short: nice game for a quick flight bit no contender for any of the real sims. IMHO of course.

BTW Concerning the great performance JV has: he has a very expensive laptop and even the latest DLC of New York requires turning down a few settings so if some real sim options are added, I don't expect performance to be any better than any of the big sims right now.