Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just flew AeroFly FS-2 OMG!

One more of a downview of Phoenix, AZ...

Having a BLAST!

downviewphoenix.png

The game lacks depth and isn't meant to be competing with FSX/P3D or XP. (Are you BTW still using XP....? Seems to me that everything you posted above you also posted about P3D a long time ago and about XP just last week...). The game will keep on lacking depth because even simple things as starting up and shutting down a plane won't be simulated completely: in an interview the devs said they may add this in the future (even the next version maybe) for a few (so not all) aircraft. ATC and AI are promised but they haven't decided on anything yet when it comes to both. As Parrafin posted another big problem is the lack of buildings/autogen in most parts of the scenery. Real weather also is too problematic for the devs right now.

In short: nice game for a quick flight bit no contender for any of the real sims. IMHO of course.

BTW Concerning the great performance JV has: he has a very expensive laptop and even the latest DLC of New York requires turning down a few settings so if some real sim options are added, I don't expect performance to be any better than any of the big sims right now.

This is killing the competition...and as they flesh it out...oh wow...LOOK OUT!   Lacking 'depth'?!?!?!?!?...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! :Whistle:

This thing right as it is...is so KILLER immersive...because of the quality of the graphics...the quality of the animation....and nothing out there can touch it right now...apples to apples my machine,to my machine.  Yes..I am using XP...but now...honestly...I'd only want to run this sim...as it matures...and XP11. 

This sim, even right now...as I fly over the west coast of California...the east coast of New York...the great lakes...is KILLING everything else...killing them....

Back to another mind blowing flight....more pictures later...

Cheers

• Upvote 1

This is killing the competition...and as they flesh it out...oh wow...LOOK OUT!

Yeah, sure, right... whatever...

Seems you two are at the polar extremes.  :wink:

I hope the vast majority will join me in the middle, and wait to see what actually happens.

• Upvote 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm keeping an eye on it, but in the videos I've seen there is far too much use of low-res orthophotos without 3D objects except in core areas like airports and city centers. So you get that squashed building effect when flying low. Also blurry textures on the ground near runways.

Since I only fly slow and low, that's a problem for me. The landclass+OSM autogen in X-Plane may not be 100% accurate everywhere, but at least it doesn't have that blurry/squashed look. It's high-res everywhere. The autogen buildings and street lights are individual light sources everywhere you go in X-Plane, not baked-in textures. Buildings throw shadows and reflect the change in color of the light during the day and in weather, which isn't possible with orthophoto-only scenery.

I can understand how this might appeal more to airliner sim pilots, since you're quickly off the ground and only notice ground detail at airports (although the blurry ground textures don't look good there either).

Anyway, I'll be tracking development. It has to look better near the ground for me to consider it an option. But I'm all for another good competitor in the market to keep the other sims on their toes!

I have no blurriness that you speak off.  I tried Vsync, which locked my FPS to 60...and then went to 120 FPS. I like it right there. The high setting is right now 240 FPS.  I have no blur...and when I smoke the skies with the F15....oh wow....clear....no stutter..and I mean NO STUTTER...and you smoke by the objects and yes..there is already autogen. At the airports and around the major centers..and they are 3D.  There is so much misinformation...wow....

I hope the vast majority will join me in the middle, and wait to see what actually happens.

What I am saying guys and gals...and then will leave off...the pics should speak for themselves...

They are going to flesh it out with all the other levels of goodies that P3D and FSX has.  That being said...right NOW...you have a simply KILLER flight simulation experience, like you have never seen inside P3D (any  version) and FSX (any version).  You have real-world animation.  Sounds are great, inside and outside the cockpits...simply fabulous rendering, on the planes...and this is still an early-access.  Having said that as well...this 'early access' is more sim in may ways, than either P3D, or FSX and yeah...XP11, is right now.  Yep...my opinion, and others will have theirs...but I own them all...and this sim, to date...mimics real-world animation, without so much as a yawn....   I have a 8 year old CPU, with a GTX 1070 FTW....and those two are kicking butt all over the skies....

Cheers, all...

Good things are coming...and as far as I am concerned...with this Aerofly FS-2 AS IS...good things are already here....oh yeah!

Back to a flight...perhaps Chicago...and some touch and whatever's.....:))))

Ses

Nothing is killing anything until it has what really moves simmers: Proper aircraft to fly the beautiful worlds in. Exact same problem with X-Plane.

Sales speak for themselves, can't argue with facts.

Now that that subject is clear, it does look stunning and i hope it evolves, preferrably faster than X-Plane too.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Despite Aerofly lacking a lot of fidelity right now, it is really hard to go back to the artificial world of P3D and XP after making a flight in Aerofly.

And the airplane graphics are insanely good - Feels so real on a 4K TV that its like being there.

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I am tempted to purchase AeroFly FS2 right now for the sole purpose of seeing just what kind of performance is possible with a 2GB GTX 770....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

There is so much misinformation...wow....

Er... misinformation...? All I see is someone not reading too well. ;) But hey, I am very happy for you that you found the sim of sims.

Ha, I think I just read this same thread a few days ago about SkyMaxProv4, and then Xenviro... and now AFS2.

I will say, you have nailed the enthusiasm! :dance: 

Nice looking shots, but after buying and quickly getting bored with AFS1 a couple years ago, not in a rush to try their new version.

Airplane systems that won't even let me shut down the engine make this more a "mobile" smartphone type product at this point.

But, in the future, if they are still around and 3rd party plane makers get on board it might be worth a serious look.

In the meanwhile, I'll be in the A2A Connie or TFDi 717 :Party: 

Very nice pics though, keep em coming!

• Upvote 8

Why this need to rain on the parade of others Jeroen? Let people have their fun for Pete's sake I know you're on an XP11 high right now, but come on... 

• Upvote 6

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I am tempted to purchase AeroFly FS2 right now for the sole purpose of seeing just what kind of performance is possible with a 2GB GTX 770....

The sucker will run great Chris..and I will guarantee it...

Ha, I think I just read this same thread a few days ago about SkyMaxProv4, and then Xenviro... and now AFS2.

I will say, you have nailed the enthusiasm! :dance:

Nice looking shots, but after buying and quickly getting bored with AFS1 a couple years ago, not in a rush to try their new version.

Airplane systems that won't even let me shut down the engine make this more a "mobile" smartphone type product at this point.

But, in the future, if they are still around and 3rd party plane makers get on board it might be worth a serious look.

In the meanwhile, I'll be in the A2A Connie or TFDi 717 :Party:

Very nice pics though, keep em coming!

I still stand behind XP11 and Xenviro and will fly it...and that is what I am saying...this sim would replace my use of both FSX and P3D in a heartbeat...as it gets fleshed out to their feature list. In a heartbeat....

For myself...after what I have enjoyed this afternoon...I could run XP11(with XEnviro) and Aerofly FS2..or v3...or v4...and be quite happy into the next five years...

John V has already practically blurted out that their airports are compatible...and look fabulous within the sim....  Good times....

LOL Yes, though just a few days ago we actually were on the same pole! ;) But I will definitely wait and see what actually happens. Every (civil) flightsim that is actively supported has my interest!

LOL Yes, though just a few days ago we actually were on the same pole! ;) But I will definitely wait and see what actually happens. Every (civil) flightsim that is actively supported has my interest!

Jeroen...we still are, my friend!  :)

What I am saying...is that nothing in the last 4 years on the M.S. based front, had me sitting up, peering into the monitor...and then saying, H.S.!

I'll leave off, with my saying it, this morning...I downloaded the main sim...picked up all the DLC content...and was, and am still being blown away by the evening sky, the morning sky...the sun god-rays...that I can fly right across from San Fran, to Kennedy in the 737-500, with an already competent as an early 'peak' release...and that every feature that is before my eyes...as STOCK...cost me an arm and a leg...for the P3D, or FSX.   You have dynamic weather (in sim)...you can set it to what you want...have control of the winds...blah, blah..in sim. So, until someone writes an external weather, or they build that in...this is NOT a crippled sim, AS IS, by any length of the imagination.  

My gawd...take off from KOAK...fly down to Monterrey ...and fly the approach over crystal clear and so immersion-loaded, land form....(the elevation terrain that we pay through the nose for, as 3rdP...is already here....mountains look fantastic...whether near Half Moon Bay...or the Superstition Mountains of my beloved, Phoenix!)

It's all here...for a few moments typing in your plastic...and letting all download.  It's all here....

Wow.....

• Upvote 1

My own take is that this sim shows a lot of promise, and deserves at least as much community support and interest as we lathered on Flight School, which I believe this program stomps on from a great height.

System depth? Was somebody expecting PMDG level on day one from a new entry to the market and a development team of about twelve people? Why? How? From default planes?

Are we expecting this from DTGFS as well? Good luck.

What I see is probably the same potential that's drawn Orbx into the fray.

Lack of scenery? Isn't that what Orbx does? Aerofly is photo-scenery, and a quick look shows that most Orbx offerings at this point are highly detailed high resolution photo-scenery merged into FSX.

What a coincidence.

Take a deep breath everyone! Slowly exhale!

Aerofly is in early access. (and heaven have mercy on their souls for entering this market as hard to please as we are)

Give them some air. Give them time to grow. Stop making comparisons to past sim architectures when we really have little real basis to judge except highly suspect previous experience with much older and frankly mostly outdated programs.

Wait.

And.

See!!

Jeez.

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5