Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just flew AeroFly FS-2 OMG!

How do I download and install the High Resolution Texture Pack? When I click on "download" in Steam, it just loads AeroFly FS2 itself :huh:

This is the way it should work. Also, make sure to do it from within Steam and not from your browser.

https://track4.mixtape.moe/lvdpiw.webm

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It's supposed to be done automatically. Same happened to Switzerland when I bought it.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

How do I download and install the High Resolution Texture Pack? When I click on "download" in Steam, it just loads AeroFly FS2 itself :huh:

if that is the case, then it already HAS downloaded and installed...you are good to go

Deleted

Wrong thread

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

And, just as with X-Plane, AEFS2 doesn't have seasonal textures, nor proper daylight and Moon according to date and place on Earth :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

and Moon according to date and place on Earth

Oh! Thanks for the heads up! Now I won't be buying it!  :P (Seriously, I am already in doubt again after seeing Ses's recent screenshots topic...  :nea:I should probably simply avoid AFS2 topics for a while LOL because I am aware of the fact that I am getting too annoying. :hi: :wink:  I just love this hobby too much, I guess.)

I can't see how the High Resolution Texture Pack has been downloaded yet. The download took around two hours @ 4.5MB/s (36Mbps), so that makes around 30GB. My AeroFly FS2 folder is 37.5GB in size, and I am reasonably sure that the High Resolution Texture Pack is a lot bigger than that. I am clicking on the Download button in Steam (as per HiFlyer's instructions above), but this just loads the simulator. I am confused :huh:

EDIT: It has now appeared in my list, and I had to untick the box and then tick it again to activate the download. I seem to remember having this same issue with Assetto Corsa DLC packs...

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It should say 'already in your library' on Steam on the AeroFly FS2 DLC page if you have it installed.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Restart your computer and then reenter steam and see what happens.

Devons rig

A lot of this back and forth is also based on a premise that I've never really subscribed to: that you kind of have to choose one sim and stick with it. Like a marriage or something.

(snip)

Why do we so often act as if we have to choose only one and settle down for life?

I can understand having a preference, but one sim forever? How boring!

I like Pepsi, but I drink Coke too. And tea! I love tea! And.......

I try not to drink to much of the Kool-aid, though.

Horses for courses, we all have different experience and motivations. I also enjoy combat sims. I have Rise of Flight on my computer and I've dabbled with IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad (I'm just not that into the Eastern front). I like the historical stuff more than modern, so I don't fly DCS.

I only fly X-Plane as a civilian sim, and here's why -- the FSEconomy game. I spend 99% of my time flying in the FSE because It gives me motivation to fly and interesting places to go. It's a mission generator. I like the challenge of bush pilot ops, finding my way to a small airstrip I've never seen before, as well as hitting the larger airports when assignments take me there. 

Now, FSE supports pilots flying FS9, FSX, P3D (unofficially), and X-Plane. I could mix and match, but once you get to the point where you've "bought" a plane or two, consistency starts to matter. Right now I "own" two planes in the game --  a twin turboprop Goose conversion and a Bell 412 helicopter, and I rent a few other types like Twin Otter and DC-3. I have hundreds of hours now in these planes. I'm very familiar with them, in a way that just wouldn't happen if I switched around to different simulator platforms. I fly with real weather most of the time, and I don't think I'd do that if I wasn't very familiar with this small number of aircraft models, in a single simulator. 

So that's my reason for a "marriage" to one simulator. It makes me a better sim pilot.  :smile:

Flying in FSE  also means I'm always taking off from the ground (usually from a hot start), and I'm always landing. I never start in the air. Maybe that makes me more sensitive to blurry ground textures from orthophotos, both around airports and while hunting for those tiny bush airstrips.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

And see, I've heard it said more than once that missions turn a sim into a game etc, etc.

And Ms Flight was a game supposedly due to missions.....

Seems no matter which direction you go, somebody is unhappy....

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

Simmers are one unhappy whining bunch, that's for sure!

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Download of the High Resolution Texture Pack is currently around 65% complete, and it will probably be another two hours before it is done.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png