Sign in to follow this  
Clipper_PanAm

Project Open Sky 777 issues

Recently, I have been trying to get my hands on a good Boeing 777 model. All my attempts have brought me to the same POSKY 777-200 base model which has no VC or Cockpit modes that work. Even some of the textures from POSKY don't give me a .cfg to add to the base model. Does anyone have any tips to get the cockpit working at least?

Recently, I have been trying to get my hands on a good Boeing 777 model. All my attempts have brought me to the same POSKY 777-200 base model which has no VC or Cockpit modes that work. Even some of the textures from POSKY don't give me a .cfg to add to the base model. Does anyone have any tips to get the cockpit working at least?

Hi Clipper_PanAm,

It is a bit complicated to set up a POSKY 777 from scratch -- separate model, FDE, livery, etc.  Your best bet is to find a full package including livery, model, panel, etc. here on Avsim in the library.  It should come with a panel that uses either the default 737-800 panel or gauges, or the FS9 777 panel & gauges.  If you don't have FS9 you may have to look around for the FS9 gauge.  Also note that SkySpirit makes 777 that are a direct successor to POSKY and offer some lighting and other improvements.  I believe they don't make any VC models.  POSKY is not functioning anymore, but I believe SkySpirit is.

There is also an excellent free panel for FSX, Greg Wilson's JB Panel.  It is quite complex and you will need to follow the installation and flying instructions very carefully:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxpan&DLID=167467

There are also quite a few other free panels for the POSKY 777. 

Regarding models, there are VC and no VC models for FS9, and only no VC models for FSX.  VC models have "VC" in their names, and FSX ones have "X" in their names.  However Greg's panel gives you a good VC in FSX if you use an FS9 VC model.

Here are two useful links for various components, but again you will do much better to start with a full package:

http://www.poskyarchive.com/

(May have to hit "reload" to view properly:)

http://ssp.cyber-ninja.jp/SSP2012-777V2Update.html

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike777, thank you for the advice, I'll look around on the library here, I have only ever downloaded aircraft from Simviation if that itself presents an issue

Be aware that many of the freeware 777s, especially the POSKY models, may have

some extreme tire smoke when taxiing. There should be a 2nd set of contact points

that can be used.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Mike777, thank you for the advice, I'll look around on the library here, I have only ever downloaded aircraft from Simviation if that itself presents an issue

I'm not very familiar with Simviation, but my guess is that, as on Avsim, some packages will work better than others.  There are quite a few forum threads on setting up Open Sky/SkySpirit aircraft, but not really one go-to place.  BTW, it looks like the Poskyarchive link I gave doesn't have 777 stuff anymore.

If possible, before you download, make sure there are model files and folders, as well as panel files and folders, in the download.  Some downloads will only have textures for a specific livery, which won't be of much help in getting started.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2