Sign in to follow this  
Jeast

Altitude error

Hi,

First of all, I really love this product. It brings so much to the flight, awesome!

Unfortunately I am experiencing a (minor) issue. The FO doesn't get my altitude right. It happens every single time. It seems like there is a difference of about 23000 in perceived altitude. The FO turns off the landing lights when passing FL330 (plus/minus) and when descending he turns them back on and calls "FL100" when descening passed FL330 again.

This also leads to the FO not caling out the current altitude and doing the crosscheck when calling: "Set Standard". He only calls back: "Standard Set", and when passing FL100 he calls: "Now!".

Does anyone have a clue what is wrong? I already reinstalled but that did not help.

I'm using the latest version of FS2crew and P3D.

Thanks.

Hi,

First of all, I really love this product. It brings so much to the flight, awesome!

Unfortunately I am experiencing a (minor) issue. The FO doesn't get my altitude right. It happens every single time. It seems like there is a difference of about 23000 in perceived altitude. The FO turns off the landing lights when passing FL330 (plus/minus) and when descending he turns them back on and calls "FL100" when descening passed FL330 again.

This also leads to the FO not caling out the current altitude and doing the crosscheck when calling: "Set Standard". He only calls back: "Standard Set", and when passing FL100 he calls: "Now!".

Does anyone have a clue what is wrong? I already reinstalled but that did not help.

I'm using the latest version of FS2crew and P3D.

Thanks.

99.9 percent sure this is the result of having your "Units of Measurements" in the P3D Options set to "Meters" for altitude, and not "Feet".

It needs to be set to "Feet", otherwise everything altitude based is going to be out of whack.

That is the reply i got from Bryan when i had a similar problem, and thats precisely what the problem was

• Upvote 1

Jason Dilley

99.9 percent sure this is the result of having your "Units of Measurements" in the P3D Options set to "Meters" for altitude, and not "Feet".

It needs to be set to "Feet", otherwise everything altitude based is going to be out of whack.

That is the reply i got from Bryan when i had a similar problem, and thats precisely what the problem was

Thank you very much sir! You saved my day! :)