Sign in to follow this  
vector

Fuel tank selector problem

I wonder if anyone has any ideas why the following has suddenly started happening on my Dreamfleet Bonanza?

At the end of a flight I set the fuel tank selector to the "off" position.  When I next go flying the selector is already set to the left tank whereas it should still be in the "off" position.

I've tried starting up the sim with the default flight, making sure that the tank selector is "off" in the Cessna before I shut down.  Then when I get into the Bonanza the pesky fuel tank selector is still in the left tank position.

I've tried looking in the aircraft.cfg, fs9.cfg and .flt files to see where the tank selector position is saved but can't find any recognizable parameter - could be blind though!!

Ta! for any help.

Dijvid

Try saving your flight at shutdown. Then use that saved flight to load a fresh flight.

Peter Schluter

Does the Dreamfleet Configuration Control Panel have this option on the Aircraft page?

Try saving your flight at shutdown. Then use that saved flight to load a fresh flight.

Good suggestion - but I forgot to say that I always save my flight before shutdown.  That's why it's so baffling!

Dijvid

Does the Dreamfleet Configuration Control Panel have this option on the Aircraft page?

To be honest I don't know!

I have the boxed CD version of the Bonanza because that means I don't have to rely on any third party activations for continued use of the aircraft [been caught out twice in my life with the activation milarky].  Because I don't have to rely on continued activations this has allowed me to substantially reconfigure the Bonanza without any repercussions.  I've replaced all of the RXP gauges with good quality ones from other sources.  I've also removed the Garmin Trainer as it constantly takes up 25% of CPU resources as well as the database being hopelessly out of date.  Then there have been mods to the .air and aircraft.cfg files to convert the aircraft into a Turbo version - and so on and so forth!!

So as far as the Dreamfleet Configuration Control Panel is concerned - well, it just doesn't work now!!

Dijvid